+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thinking of making a refugee claim.

an91

Apr 14, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm an 18 year old international student from Egypt who's been in Canada for a year and a half . Recently, things have been going extremely bad and depressing. I was unwillingly away from Egypt since 2010 (lived in Saudi Arabia) due to the destruction of our property as a result of my and my family's religious beliefs. During that same year, my mother and I suffered from a tremendous tragedy due to a kidnapping incident that happened to both us. As a result of the trauma, we both concealed our religious identities in fear for our lives but were found out a few years later and now death threats have advanced (even in Saudi), and we were accused of blasphemy and apostasy therefore police officers are looking for us in Cairo and my parents were forced to cut me off or else something wrong would happen to them.

I have been taking up some off campus jobs to support myself, save up for my tuition and knowing that my study permit expires next year I have to return to Egypt to finalize the process of temporary exemption from the military service to renew my passport asap (in turn being able to renew my permit) , however, I cannot because of what I wrote above.I really don't know what do, everything has been depressingly very bad and a refugee claim sounds like the only option. I have recently finished applying for legal aid but I don't know if I want to proceed with this or not, bearing in mind I live in Newfoundland and there are not much immigration lawyers here. I'm so scared, stressed out and overburdened in fear of having my study permit revoked and returning to Egypt is NOT an option.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Is there even a slight chance to my claim's approval?

Hershey

May 17, 2012
an91 said:
Hello everyone,

I'm an 18 year old international student from Egypt who's been in Canada for a year and a half . Recently, things have been going extremely bad and depressing. I was unwillingly away from Egypt since 2010 (lived in Saudi Arabia) due to the destruction of our property as a result of my and my family's religious beliefs. During that same year, my mother and I suffered from a tremendous tragedy due to a kidnapping incident that happened to both us. As a result of the trauma, we both concealed our religious identities in fear for our lives but were found out a few years later and now death threats have advanced (even in Saudi), and we were accused of blasphemy and apostasy therefore police officers are looking for us in Cairo and my parents were forced to cut me off or else something wrong would happen to them.

I have been taking up some off campus jobs to support myself, save up for my tuition and knowing that my study permit expires next year I have to return to Egypt to finalize the process of temporary exemption from the military service to renew my passport asap (in turn being able to renew my permit) , however, I cannot because of what I wrote above.I really don't know what do, everything has been depressingly very bad and a refugee claim sounds like the only option. I have recently finished applying for legal aid but I don't know if I want to proceed with this or not, bearing in mind I live in Newfoundland and there are not much immigration lawyers here. I'm so scared, stressed out and overburdened in fear of having my study permit revoked and returning to Egypt is NOT an option.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Is there even a slight chance to my claim's approval?
hi, you and my ex have the same case. he is an egyptian international student who filed refugee claim.