+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thinking for waiting for CEC PR results from home

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi,

I applied under CEC class 3 months ago. I know there's no certainty when the results will come out so I'm thinking of going back to my home country while I await the results.

I have been reading some articles that it would be a risk because they might not let you back in but those are for sponsorship situations.

I'm the principal applicant, so I don't understand why I can't go back to my home country and wait for the results there. Everything can be done online right? If I need further medical or interview there are also DMPs in my home country.

Why does CIC say that if I leave Canada while my application is in progress they will abandon my application??

It does not make sense to me...please help me understand.

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Maybe I can give you a reference from my case. I went back to home country for a holiday after submit the application, then my application went into 2nd round of review just because officer didn't find me when they called my work place. After I came back to Canada, they did stop me at airport for one hour, but finally i was allowed to get in without asking a single question. Then they called my work place another time in January and found me at that time. I got interviewed on the phone for one hour. Then up to now, I have waited for ppr almost 10 months, but nothing. Even the eligibility is still under review.
My suggestion is better not leave Canada during your application is in processing.

Deepi_911

Apr 24, 2017
I was not under CEC class, but I applied from Canada and left for my home country as my WP was expiring. i called up CiC and explained them my situation. They said I can represent myself from my home country. And this is all case to case specific what happens when you leave the country. Call up CIC and ask them.

wln2872

Aug 30, 2016
Hi,

I applied under CEC class 3 months ago. I know there's no certainty when the results will come out so I'm thinking of going back to my home country while I await the results.

I have been reading some articles that it would be a risk because they might not let you back in but those are for sponsorship situations.

I'm the principal applicant, so I don't understand why I can't go back to my home country and wait for the results there. Everything can be done online right? If I need further medical or interview there are also DMPs in my home country.

Why does CIC say that if I leave Canada while my application is in progress they will abandon my application??

It does not make sense to me...please help me understand.
Hello,

Your question actually makes me tension as I'm going back to my home country for a month.

The CIC website says it's okay to go out of Canada while awaiting for PPR but applicants have to have a valid status to return, otherwise they will determine the case is abandoned by the applicant.

Unless your visa status is expired and unable to return to Canada, they shouldn't abandon your application in any case.

The other thing is to keep your Canadian cell number active if they call you for a phone interview, this rarely happens though, just be safe.