+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Things to-do/apply for/free pass after becoming Canadian Citizen

aftaglow

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Mississauga
It could be a repeat thread but will be a latest and updated

As we all are enjoying the moment to become a Canadian Citizen, I was wondering what we can get with it since we are getting it virtually. I remember few of my relatives would get free passes etc at Oath Ceremony

Can you all share links or ideas if we get free parks passes, reduced Via Rail rate, etc or If anyone can share links or add comments to the thread

navneetsibal

May 2, 2014

As we all are enjoying the moment to become a Canadian Citizen, I was wondering what we can get with it since we are getting it virtually. I remember few of my relatives would get free passes etc at Oath Ceremony

Can you all share links or ideas if we get free parks passes, reduced Via Rail rate, etc or If anyone can share links or add comments to the thread
Check the below link and try Canoo app to get the pass

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/cultural-access-passes.html

Reactions: aftaglow

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015

Due to virtual ceremony and Covid, IRCC is sending ONLY the citizenship certificate. Nothing more. Not even a congratulatory note.
But you can avail free pass, discounted via rail rate etc. by using the canoo app by the Institute for Canadian Citizenship.

Generally the freebies/discounts are to be availed within 1 year from the date of citizenship but not sure in Covid how this will get impacted as there are restrictions still applicable in parks, museums and such public places.

You may refer to the below link for further.
https://www.inclusion.ca/program/canoo/

Looking for inputs from other as well apart from canoo app.

Cheers!