+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Things to Bring When Moving?

M

mrsh

I need your opinion please...
Will it be ok to bring prescription medicine when I land, though I'm not the one who will use it?
Since it's cheaper to buy here in Manila than in Canada, my auntie said it would be wise for me to bring 2boxes of metformin for her.
I was thinking if I'm allowed to do so...
5months ago, my cousin visited Canada and he brought 2boxes for her. 1box would contain 100capsules.

I'm just worried I might be questioned by the immigration officer since I don't have a prescription paper with me and might bar me from landing (as PR). My cousin when he brought that medicine for her, there was no prescription but he has been in and out of Canada (with a tourist visa). .. Looking forward for your reply. Thank you.

jeby

Jan 19, 2010
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
an earlier post by senior member Qorax might be helpful:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36735.0.html

jeby

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If the border official finds you are carrying prescription medication that is not for you and for which you do not have a prescription, it will be confiscated. If it is a narcotic medication you could be in big trouble. Metformin will not cause legal issues I would guess, but it is not OK to carry it in for someone else without a prescription. Of course, in most cases the border official will not find out and will not search you.
Metformin is not very expensive in Canada, so I would not risk it.

M

mrsh

canadianwoman said:
If the border official finds you are carrying prescription medication that is not for you and for which you do not have a prescription, it will be confiscated. If it is a narcotic medication you could be in big trouble. Metformin will not cause legal issues I would guess, but it is not OK to carry it in for someone else without a prescription. Of course, in most cases the border official will not find out and will not search you.
Metformin is not very expensive in Canada, so I would not risk it.
makes sense. thanks canadianwoman ;D

jumanjix

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeby said:
an earlier post by senior member Qorax might be helpful:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36735.0.html

jeby
nice jeby! thanks for pointing the right place