+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

There's gotta be a better way for high income entrepreneurs...

dbliss93

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hey! :)

I can't help but think there has got to be a better way for high income entrepreneurs to Immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident...

For example, someone in their 50's who has a very successful building company - which program / pathway would be best to apply in?

- The PNP investment opportunities - aren't ideal because they would need to invest money in an established Canadian business and then work as a senior manager with a work visa...
- The Owner/Operator pathway is looking like it's not going to be around soon...

Anything else?

It's strange, because they can offer much value to Canada -- but the Immigration regulations seem to make it a big headache.

Thank you :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about student permit and then the April pathway? Or if they are from Hong Kong, use that recent graduate pathway to get owp!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If they have high net worth, look at PNP entreprenuer programs where the person can buy an existing business or start one. For Canadian immigration what is the benefit to Canada if the person has money and is not going to invest in a Canadian business or start one in Canada. Having money doesn't create jobs or an income tax base. What can they offer Canada if they aren't investing in Canada?

Reactions: YVR123

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they have high net worth, look at PNP entreprenuer programs where the person can buy an existing business or start one. For Canadian immigration what is the benefit to Canada if the person has money and is not going to invest in a Canadian business or start one in Canada. Having money doesn't create jobs or an income tax base. What can they offer Canada if they aren't investing in Canada?
Not all investment in Canada are welcome especially buying homes in hot markets. Besides they don't need to offer anything. Just park the money and bank and other financial institutions will do the rest.

Aroojhalepoto

May 10, 2021
Hey! :)

I can't help but think there has got to be a better way for high income entrepreneurs to Immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident...

For example, someone in their 50's who has a very successful building company - which program / pathway would be best to apply in?

- The PNP investment opportunities - aren't ideal because they would need to invest money in an established Canadian business and then work as a senior manager with a work visa...
- The Owner/Operator pathway is looking like it's not going to be around soon...

Anything else?

It's strange, because they can offer much value to Canada -- but the Immigration regulations seem to make it a big headache.

Thank you :)
Hello,

I hope this message finds you very well! Yes, there certainly is, referred to as the Start-up visa program. Not sure if it is permissible to prompt a chat via this platform, however if your looking to understand more about this program based on personal experience. I would be happy to help!

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Not all investment in Canada are welcome especially buying homes in hot markets. Besides they don't need to offer anything. Just park the money and bank and other financial institutions will do the rest.
Investing in a home is not considered to be a business investment.

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
For immigration purposes investing in buying a property is not considered business investment is what I was trying to explain. Investment in a construction business is different from an active stakeholder. Your post was misleading.

Reactions: canuck78

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For immigration purposes investing in buying a property is not considered business investment is what I was trying to explain. Investment in a construction business is different from an active stakeholder. Your post was misleading.
Your post was misleading.

An active stakeholder cannot invest in a construction business? Are you still waiting for your work permit?

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Your post was misleading.

An active stakeholder cannot invest in a construction business?
Not a construction business. Let's say someone buys a property-a apartment/house etc. the amount invested in buying your property is not considered as an investment. Whereas if you are a shareholder of a construction business it is.

Are you still waiting for your work permit?
Yes, I'm delayed due to COVID, unfortunately.

Reactions: corporatewokerlady

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not a construction business. Let's say someone buys a property-a apartment/house etc. the amount invested in buying your property is not considered as an investment. Whereas if you are a shareholder of a construction business it is.

Are you still waiting for your work permit?
Yes, I'm delayed due to COVID, unfortunately.
Are you saying that if you are a shareholder of the construction business and the business invested money in a property. The money that the business used in the buying the property is considered as an investment?

Reactions: corporatewokerlady

nafees ahmed

May 23, 2021
Hello,

I hope this message finds you very well! Yes, there certainly is, referred to as the Start-up visa program. Not sure if it is permissible to prompt a chat via this platform, however if your looking to understand more about this program based on personal experience. I would be happy to help!
Hi,

I am looking for the start up visa program and have some basic understanding about it. Can you please share some info about incubators like which are the good one and reliable. How much time they take to give the LOS, their fees etc. Is it ok to approach the incubators directly or better to hire an immigration consultant first and he handles the incubators on your behalf.
Thanks in advance.

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Realistically you would need to set up in or buy into a line of business you are experienced in. Most programmes are now wp to PR but once you worked to PR I supose its up to you if you wish to stay in business. If I had a ton of cash I would buy a Tim Hortons or a Macdonalds franchise, tons of cash to be made there!