+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

there, just wanna ask about getting pregnant here with a co temporary foreign worker while on the said status of stay here. what if i get pregnant whi

Nikkibel123

Aug 18, 2020
there,
just wanna ask about getting pregnant here with a co temporary foreign worker while on the said status of stay here. what if i get pregnant while am on contract for 2 years only? i have only been here fr about 8 months now. can i still continue my work with my employer? will i be sent home back to the philippines? can i deliver my baby here? what will be the status of my baby then? am i entitled to a maternity healthcare benefits? does my baby have any benefits too? thank you very much...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
there,
just wanna ask about getting pregnant here with a co temporary foreign worker while on the said status of stay here. what if i get pregnant while am on contract for 2 years only? i have only been here fr about 8 months now. can i still continue my work with my employer? will i be sent home back to the philippines? can i deliver my baby here? what will be the status of my baby then? am i entitled to a maternity healthcare benefits? does my baby have any benefits too? thank you very much...
You can work for your employer until your work permit ends or until the job ends. You will need to be prepared financially if you need to take extended time off work. Not all pregnancies are without problems. Many women need to take time off during their pregnancy. A baby born in Canada will be Canadian. Whether you receive EI maternity benefits will depend on whether you qualify to receive them and whether you are still legally allowed to remain in Canada. Maternity leave benefits are only a fraction of your regular salary so you’ll need to save money to plan for maternity leave. Childcare is also very expensive in Canada. You will qualify for child benefit after being in Canada for 18 months.