+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The window for applications under the HCCP is only open once a year and closes within minutes?

CoJo

Aug 12, 2020
I have been told that applications for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot will not be accepted anymore for 2023 but the portal will re-open on January 1, 2024. But I've also been told the window for submitting an application will close within minutes because there is so much demand and such a small number of positions. It this true?

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
It closes within a week and a half. Unfortunately, there are people who submit successfully to be told later that they have to be withdrawn and refunded because when the tie-breaker was determined, they didn't make the cut-off. There are many grandparents who are getting sponsored to take care of their grandchildren as an easier means of bringing parents over, circumventing the typical lottery pathway of parental and grandparental sponsorship.

CoJo

Aug 12, 2020
It closes within a week and a half. Unfortunately, there are people who submit successfully to be told later that they have to be withdrawn and refunded because when the tie-breaker was determined, they didn't make the cut-off. There are many grandparents who are getting sponsored to take care of their grandchildren as an easier means of bringing parents over, circumventing the typical lottery pathway of parental and grandparental sponsorship.
Thank you. Assuming I'm successful getting in before it closes, what can or do I need to do to be prepared to submit an application? Do I need to have any specific information on hand or submit any documents (for example, proof of number of children and ages)?

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Thank you. Assuming I'm successful getting in before it closes, what can or do I need to do to be prepared to submit an application? Do I need to have any specific information on hand or submit any documents (for example, proof of number of children and ages)?
You provide what they ask you. Then, when they ask you for more things, you provide them.
For HCCP, they normally ask for proof of funds and proof of ages/pregnancy, but that is your call if you want to include it. The entire portal is more or less PDF upload only. Have your documents ready to go.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually the Gaining Experience category closed within 12 hours on January 1, 2023. If OP is in Canada and has a year of experience then may have a few extra days.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
The paper applications have a different timeframe.
Actually the Gaining Experience category closed within 12 hours on January 1, 2023. If OP is in Canada and has a year of experience then may have a few extra days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker.html

2023 caps
In 2023, we’ll accept up to the following number of applications in each category of the Home Child Care Provider Pilot:

• Gaining experience category: 1,650 applications, including
    • 1,500 online applications Closed as of January 1, 2023
    • 150 alternate format applications Closed as of February 1, 2023
  • Direct to permanent residence category: 1,100 applications, including
    • 1,000 online applications Closed as of April 19, 2023
    • 100 alternate format applications

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker.html

2023 caps
In 2023, we’ll accept up to the following number of applications in each category of the Home Child Care Provider Pilot:

• Gaining experience category: 1,650 applications, including
    • 1,500 online applications Closed as of January 1, 2023
    • 150 alternate format applications Closed as of February 1, 2023
  • Direct to permanent residence category: 1,100 applications, including
    • 1,000 online applications Closed as of April 19, 2023
    • 100 alternate format applications
Right but you need to be eligible to apply via paper. It is for people who don’t have internet or have accessability requirements under the disability act and require accomodations.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I have been told that applications for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot will not be accepted anymore for 2023 but the portal will re-open on January 1, 2024. But I've also been told the window for submitting an application will close within minutes because there is so much demand and such a small number of positions. It this true?
This is True. So be ready.

Reactions: Naturgrl

CoJo

Aug 12, 2020
This is True. So be ready.
I am just starting out on this journey. I had no idea how complex it would be! It seems the more I learn about the HCCP Pilot process, it only reveals how much more I still don't know about it. I'm hoping to find somewhere that sets out, in detail, the entire process for both the employer and caregiver.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am just starting out on this journey. I had no idea how complex it would be! It seems the more I learn about the HCCP Pilot process, it only reveals how much more I still don't know about it. I'm hoping to find somewhere that sets out, in detail, the entire process for both the employer and caregiver.
Read the HCCP requirements as it is all explained on the website.

CoJo

Aug 12, 2020
Read the HCCP requirements as it is all explained on the website.
THE website?????? There appear to be countless Government of Canada (gc.ca) websites relating to the Home Child Care Provider Pilot. I've read at least half a dozen separate gc.ca websites, each with links to other websites with even more information and more links. As of now, I've yet to find one website that sets out exactly I what I can expect to do when January 1, 2024, finally arrives and the 2024 HCCP Pilot opens. Will I be completing an IMM 5983 form online or will I be submitting a completed IMM 5983 form? Is IMM 5983 even the correct form? How do I even go online? Do I need a MSCA (My Service Canada Account) or is there some other way I can access the 2024 HCCP Pilot portal? I've looked at so many websites and still I have so many questions ...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
THE website?????? There appear to be countless Government of Canada (gc.ca) websites relating to the Home Child Care Provider Pilot. I've read at least half a dozen separate gc.ca websites, each with links to other websites with even more information and more links. As of now, I've yet to find one website that sets out exactly I what I can expect to do when January 1, 2024, finally arrives and the 2024 HCCP Pilot opens. Will I be completing an IMM 5983 form online or will I be submitting a completed IMM 5983 form? Is IMM 5983 even the correct form? How do I even go online? Do I need a MSCA (My Service Canada Account) or is there some other way I can access the 2024 HCCP Pilot portal? I've looked at so many websites and still I have so many questions ...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0104-home-care-support.html

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
A guide is included in the package which is where most of your cues will come from.