+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The waiting game - US to Canada Outland Application!

needadviceandhelp

Jun 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
LANDED..........
07-08-2013
:D Hey all, my hubby & I just applied outland for spousal sponsorship, and now we're playing the waiting game!

Does anybody have any advice or experiences with CIC with regards to timelines, etc?

We used an immigration lawyer so he is choosing relevant evident out of our HUGE stack. Also we told our families about our marriage which was a huge step for us. We have been together a total of 8 months, married for one and we have a lot of evidence. I Don't see any problems coming up or anything........

Any experiences/advice?

Thanks all :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'd recommend you read through the threads and post your question to the US outland thread. This is where others such as yourself are gathering to exchange information and timelines.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/us-outland-applicants-thread-t106068.1020.html

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
My advice? Buckle up for the long wait. Since the Ottawa office is so new, there is no official timeline but they do seem to be processing things within 12 months, and even quicker for many applicant.

If you want to keep track of how other similar members are doing in comparison, you can join the October thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/october-2012-applicants-heres-our-thread-t121006.0.html

and also have a look at the different spreadsheets for each month:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlNNP-HCQMHZdDNGWE1wdGV6c1M3eXlReWJTTERIY0E#gid=0

You probably won't hear anything from CIC until your sponsorship gets approved (which seems to be around 40-70 days for most members), so just sit back and enjoy the ride.

My case is also an outland US case, and my husband and I have to be apart during this time, as it wouldn't make sense for him to quit a well paid job in the states to come sit around in Canada on a visitor visa. It's pragmatic, but its also very lonely and frustrating. The days seem to be crawling. I hope you and your husband get to spend the wait together.

A

achander

It all depends. I had a really good experience with CIC. I was outland from US too. We applied 2 months after our marriage, Application sent to Passport request for Visa was 124 days. Yup..just more than 4 months. It was super quick. I hope you will have the same experience.

If you have provided a solid application, you don't get any further evidence requests, interview etc etc...It should be very quick.

good luck :)

realmiracle

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
Sept 5, 2013
achander said:
It all depends. I had a really good experience with CIC. I was outland from US too. We applied 2 months after our marriage, Application sent to Passport request for Visa was 124 days. Yup..just more than 4 months. It was super quick. I hope you will have the same experience.

If you have provided a solid application, you don't get any further evidence requests, interview etc etc...It should be very quick.

good luck :)
Did you file your application yourself or use the services of lawyer?

A

achander

realmiracle said:
Did you file your application yourself or use the services lawyer?
We did everything ourselves. Did not spend a dime on outside help. I have also heard that If you are filing in the US, the process is not that hard. You wouldn't need a lawyer. To be honest, i felt that the procedure was pretty straight forward. I have seen a lot of people having issues, but of course i can't compare theirs to mine.

realmiracle

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
Sept 5, 2013
achander said:
We did everything ourselves. Did not spend a dime on outside help. I have also heard that If you are filing in the US, the process is not that hard. You wouldn't need a lawyer. To be honest, i felt that the procedure was pretty straight forward. I have seen a lot of people having issues, but of course i can't compare theirs to mine.
Thank you so much for your valuable suggestion.