+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Very Very Very long wait is finally over!!!

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I have some exciting news to share with you all. I became a Canadian citizen yesterday at a ceremony in Mississauga. I am pretty sure most of you know me by now as I have been one of the longest applicants for citizenship on records. The entire process took 50 months, unheard of. I consider myself to be one the original RQ victims that were "wrongfully chosen" to test the effectiveness of CIT171, but none that matter any more as I am a now a proud and well deserved Canadian.

I remain optimist for all the folks that have been waiting for more than 36 months, that the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight.

Do never give up. Thanks

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Hello friends,

I have some exciting news to share with you all. I became a Canadian citizen yesterday at a ceremony in Mississauga. I am pretty sure most of you know me by now as I have been one of the longest applicants for citizenship on records. The entire process took 50 months, unheard of. I consider myself to be one the original RQ victims that were "wrongfully chosen" to test the effectiveness of CIT171, but none that matter any more as I am a now a proud and well deserved Canadian.

I remain optimist for all the folks that have been waiting for more than 36 months, that the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight.

Do never give up. Thanks
Congrats enjoy being Canadian. Keep supporting the Forum

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Congrats! God bless! I am sure everyone will be so happy for u.. Ya I know it's long time 50 months... Mine is 32 and waiting! It's painful!!! But take a break and enjoy!!

insighty

Oct 26, 2015
congrats. that must have been tough. You probably had to renew pr card even

djoli said:
Hello friends,

Do never give up. Thanks

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Thanks. I have not heard much from my friend Janoo, I hope he is scheduled for oath soon.
i think janoo got the invite as well.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats I am happy for you. I am happy to see that CIC found some resources to accommodate long suffering tax paying Canadian resident . with them being so busy processing refugee visas and such.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ItkExpert said:
Congrats I am happy for you. I am happy to see that CIC found some resources to accommodate long suffering tax paying Canadian resident . with them being so busy processing refugee visas and such.
While I am happy to see that those who waited a long long time finally found an end to their wait, CIC does not give any special privileges to those who pay taxes. Paying taxes is not a requirement for citizenship qualification.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. It is good to see that CIC is making every effort to finalize citizenship applications in a reasonable amount of time.

quote author=ItkExpert link=topic=389173.msg4839455#msg4839455 date=1450114771]
[/quote] :)

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Thank you for giving me hope.

It is now 10 months for us. The reason why I became anxious was because many members in my thread are now proud Canadiens. And here I am still waiting. Not even done test.

I am happy for you.

Congratulations..........

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry new applications like yours have to be processed within 1 year, so you should get a test invite very soon right after the holidays.

Androse said:
Thank you for giving me hope.

It is now 10 months for us. The reason why I became anxious was because many members in my thread are now proud Canadiens. And here I am still waiting. Not even done test.

I am happy for you.

Congratulations..........

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
djoli said:
Hello friends,

Do never give up. Thanks
Hearty Congrats !!! Yes, I remember you, we were on the same thread - St.Claire after the Citizenship test.

After nearly 4 years of my wait, few months back I had hearing with the Citizenship Judge, who refused to review the docs stating she has no time. I was literally forced to withdraw my application and re-apply, stating its much faster processing now.

CIC past few years functioning was just outrageous. Good they woke up from their long sleep.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to hear from you and I hope that your new application will move much faster. At several points during my long ordeal I contemplated withdrawing my application to re-apply but my wife advised my against doing that as it would have most certainly triggered another RQ, I now know she was right.
For you it was the right decision as the case could have dragged even further and it would have been turned down by the CJ. Within 6 months the whole process should be complete.

Canadiandesi2006 said:
Hearty Congrats !!! Yes, I remember you, we were on the same thread - St.Claire after the Citizenship test.

After nearly 4 years of my wait, few months back I had hearing with the Citizenship Judge, who refused to review the docs stating she has no time. I was literally forced to withdraw my application and re-apply, stating its much faster processing now.

CIC past few years functioning was just outrageous. Good they woke up from their long sleep.