+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Steps, the total cost and the length of the immigration process to Canada.

Peaceguy

Nov 2, 2018
Dear all,
What are the steps, the cost and the length of the whole process to immigrate to Canada? And when shall I pay the cost of the whole process? How long it will take to get the approval of our immigration application and process? And I want to know the score that I need in ILETS English test in General?
Best Regards,

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Dear all,
What are the steps, the cost and the length of the whole process to immigrate to Canada? And when shall I pay the cost of the whole process? How long it will take to get the approval of our immigration application and process? And I want to know the score that I need in ILETS English test in General?
Best Regards,
For detailed steps, check sticky thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-in-a-nutshell.394158/

For the costs, there are two types of costs. The first one is about the pre-requisites for eligibiltiy, meaning language tests, education credential assessement (ECA), mailing, medicals, etc... Of course, these are payable as you move forward. For this, you're looking at the following:
-Medical Exam: depending on your clinic/doctor, should be around 150$US-200$US for each person.
-IELTS: 200$US-250$US depending on where you are
-TEF: (if applicable to you) is around 250$US as well
-ECA: you're looking at 150$US for each person, plus mailing the documents to the ECA center. Cost of that varies depending on where you are, and how fast
-There may be fees also for getting police certificates for some countries. It will vary depending on which ones you need to get.

Then you have costs for the application itself:
-Application Processing Fee: 550CA$ for each
-RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence Fee): 490CA$ for each
-If applicable, 150CA$ per child
-If applicable, Biometrics Fee of 85CA$ per person

Processing Fees, and Biometrics are mandatory at the time of submission.
Biometrics can be paid at time of submission, or later upon request from IRCC.

80% of applications are processed in 6 months or less. Some applications take 2-3 months, some take more than 6 months, but the vast majority take 6 months.

For IELTS, needless to say the higher your score, the better your ranking in the pool, therefore better chances of receiving in invitation to apply. The minimum score that you need is Band 6.0 in all sections. If you get just one section below that, you will not be eligible, at least for FSW, and I'm assuming that's your stream.

Cheers.

Reactions: Peaceguy

Peaceguy

Nov 2, 2018
Thank you Peacekeeper, but I want to ask you, are these the total cost for applicants from outside Canada? because I am Jordanian and my wife she is Jordanian, and we live in Jordan.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you Peacekeeper, but I want to ask you, are these the total cost for applicants from outside Canada? because I am Jordanian and my wife she is Jordanian, and we live in Jordan.
Yes these costs apply to you.
And in your case, so does the biometrics fee.

Peaceguy

Nov 2, 2018
Dear Peacemaker88,
Okay, the main applicant will be my wife since her CV is stronger and better than my personal CV,but we are so qualified and skillful applicants, but regarding the medical certificate, I had a history of Lymphoma that was cured in 2008, and I am free of cancer now since 10 years, but I am taking some medical pills, will this affect our application? and can I have a medical insurance covers the medications of chronic diseases?, like high level of cholesterol. You have to know that I am healthy and I can do all works and perform all jobs I have to do, I can work anything with the medications.
Best Regards,

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Dear Peacemaker88,
Okay, the main applicant will be my wife since her CV is stronger and better than my personal CV,but we are so qualified and skillful applicants, but regarding the medical certificate, I had a history of Lymphoma that was cured in 2008, and I am free of cancer now since 10 years, but I am taking some medical pills, will this affect our application? and can I have a medical insurance covers the medications of chronic diseases?, like high level of cholesterol. You have to know that I am healthy and I can do all works and perform all jobs I have to do, I can work anything with the medications.
Best Regards,
I'm sure you're 100% healthy, and wish you good and lengthy health! But it will be up to the doctor who will examine both of you to determine your individual case. But as far as I know, the only tests you will have to do are:
-Chest X ray. They look for Tuberculosis
-Blood Test: Looking for HIV and Syphilis
-Urine Test: Evidence of Diabetes

If an applicant has any of the above, he/she may be considered medically inadmissible. But thankfully, you have none of these.

You will have to disclose your medical history (and chronic diseases if any) to the doctor when asked, but based on what you say, I wouldn't worry much. You are healthy now, and I'm sure doctor will see that. You may have to undergo additional tests due to history, if requested.

I don't know which medication you're taking, and I'm not qualified to say if it will affect application or not. All you need to know is that the medical exam is made to spot applicants whose health will pose a risk to Canada, or will be a heavy burden on the Canadian health care system.

For work experience, note the length of work experience shouldn't be the only factor. In fact, to prove work experience, the principal applicant will have to provide a reference letter with very important details. You should also base your decision on whether your wife can get that reference letter from employer. Details here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm sure you're 100% healthy, and wish you good and lengthy health! But it will be up to the doctor who will examine both of you to determine your individual case. But as far as I know, the only tests you will have to do are:
-Chest X ray. They look for Tuberculosis
-Blood Test: Looking for HIV and Syphilis
-Urine Test: Evidence of Diabetes

If an applicant has any of the above, he/she may be considered medically inadmissible. But thankfully, you have none of these.

You will have to disclose your medical history (and chronic diseases if any) to the doctor when asked, but based on what you say, I wouldn't worry much. You are healthy now, and I'm sure doctor will see that. You may have to undergo additional tests due to history, if requested.

I don't know which medication you're taking, and I'm not qualified to say if it will affect application or not. All you need to know is that the medical exam is made to spot applicants whose health will pose a risk to Canada, or will be a heavy burden on the Canadian health care system.

For work experience, note the length of work experience shouldn't be the only factor. In fact, to prove work experience, the principal applicant will have to provide a reference letter with very important details. You should also base your decision on whether your wife can get that reference letter from employer. Details here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
This is incorrect. You will do a general overview of your health especially for medical issues that could be expensive to treat in Canada. They will also look for communicable disease especially hepatitis, TB but also things like HIV.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
This is incorrect. You will do a general overview of your health especially for medical issues that could be expensive to treat in Canada. They will also look for communicable disease especially hepatitis, TB but also things like HIV.
How is this different than what I said exactly?... Apart from hepatitis yes. Which by the way didn't seem to be included in my exam, but sure, I may have missed it when reading the sheet.

I did say the doctor will examine health individually
I did say that the goal is to determine excessive demand on health in Canada.
I did say they look for communicable diseases: TB, HIV, Siphyllis. And they test urine for evidence of diabetes...

To say that it's incorrect is kind of far fetched don't you think?...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How is this different than what I said exactly?... Apart from hepatitis yes. Which by the way didn't seem to be included in my exam, but sure, I may have missed it when reading the sheet.

I did say the doctor will examine health individually
I did say that the goal is to determine excessive demand on health in Canada.
I did say they look for communicable diseases: TB, HIV, Siphyllis. And they test urine for evidence of diabetes...

To say that it's incorrect is kind of far fetched don't you think?...
Well blood tests don't just look for HIV or Syphilis and urine tests looks for mainly kidney disease not diabetes. Chest X-ray looks for TB but can look for many other lung conditions and even enlarged heart.

Just expect a general overview is the main point.

Peaceguy

Nov 2, 2018
Dear all,
I have another question, which is does both of us need IELTS Test of score 6 and above?, or one of us is enough?, since my wife her English Language is not better than my English Language. My wife will be the main applicant, and I think it is easy for me to have a score of 6 and above in The IELTS Test, but for her it is kind of difficult, but she is planning to score 6 and above in The IELTS Test, so the question is, if I got 6 or above in the test, is it enough for both of us in the application? or we have both to score 6 and above in The IELTS Test?. We bought the IELTS Test books today and we gonna start our test studying for the English Test? I have a master degree in Water and Environmental Engineering, a high diploma in Environmental Studies, and a bachelor degree in Environmental Engineering. My wife" the main applicant" has a master degree in Climate Change and Environmental Technology Engineering and a bachelor degree in Agricultural and Environmental engineering, and all the degrees are in English Language, do you think it is enough to success in The IELTS Test? because we are planning so soon to take courses at The British Council in Jordan, to increase our levels in the test, to score a better marks in The IELTS Test, do you it is important to take this course in a private center, like The British Council?.
Best Regards,

Peaceguy

Nov 2, 2018
For detailed steps, check sticky thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-in-a-nutshell.394158/

For the costs, there are two types of costs. The first one is about the pre-requisites for eligibiltiy, meaning language tests, education credential assessement (ECA), mailing, medicals, etc... Of course, these are payable as you move forward. For this, you're looking at the following:
-Medical Exam: depending on your clinic/doctor, should be around 150$US-200$US for each person.
-IELTS: 200$US-250$US depending on where you are
-TEF: (if applicable to you) is around 250$US as well
-ECA: you're looking at 150$US for each person, plus mailing the documents to the ECA center. Cost of that varies depending on where you are, and how fast
-There may be fees also for getting police certificates for some countries. It will vary depending on which ones you need to get.

Then you have costs for the application itself:
-Application Processing Fee: 550CA$ for each
-RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence Fee): 490CA$ for each
-If applicable, 150CA$ per child
-If applicable, Biometrics Fee of 85CA$ per person

Processing Fees, and Biometrics are mandatory at the time of submission.
Biometrics can be paid at time of submission, or later upon request from IRCC.

80% of applications are processed in 6 months or less. Some applications take 2-3 months, some take more than 6 months, but the vast majority take 6 months.

For IELTS, needless to say the higher your score, the better your ranking in the pool, therefore better chances of receiving in invitation to apply. The minimum score that you need is Band 6.0 in all sections. If you get just one section below that, you will not be eligible, at least for FSW, and I'm assuming that's your stream.

Cheers.
Thank you.

Peaceguy

Nov 2, 2018
Hi,
It was a general question, because I am so healthy, and I am just taking some medications for High Chelestrol, so you do not have to worry.

Peaceguy

Nov 2, 2018
Okay, I see, but I do not have any big health issue, just medications and is it.