+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The SINP Job Approval Letter

ghost114

Nov 3, 2019
Hi guys ,
My questions are :
1] If somebody had a SINP Job Approval Letter from a Saskatchewan employer , do he need a LMIA from this employer ?
2] what are differences of SINPjob approval letter and LMIA ?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hi guys ,
My questions are :
1] If somebody had a SINP Job Approval Letter from a Saskatchewan employer , do he need a LMIA from this employer ?
2] what are differences of SINPjob approval letter and LMIA ?
Thanks in advance.
SINP is a nomination from SK Govt that gives you extra points for your PR process, LMIA is a legal requirement most employers needs to do before hiring foreign employees, unless they're exempted.

poojanshahsk

Sep 3, 2023
I'm currently working in Saskatchewan Regina under a LMIA work permit for employer A, but they're not helping me apply for permanent residency (SINP). However, there's another employer, employer B, who's willing to support me and has already got the Job Approval Position ready for same position. Can employer B start the process to add my name to SINP, and how long will it take? I have a deadline of 40 days before my son turns 22, and I want to make sure his name is included in the SINP application. Is this possible? Will SINP question why I was working for employer A and now employer B is helping with my SINP? Just to clarify, I plan to continue working for employer A until I either get my new work permit or permanent residency through employer B.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm currently working in Saskatchewan Regina under a LMIA work permit for employer A, but they're not helping me apply for permanent residency (SINP). However, there's another employer, employer B, who's willing to support me and has already got the Job Approval Position ready for same position. Can employer B start the process to add my name to SINP, and how long will it take? I have a deadline of 40 days before my son turns 22, and I want to make sure his name is included in the SINP application. Is this possible? Will SINP question why I was working for employer A and now employer B is helping with my SINP? Just to clarify, I plan to continue working for employer A until I either get my new work permit or permanent residency through employer B.
Which stream are you applying for because the Skilled Worker Stream with Existing Work permit, you need to have worked at least 6 month with the employer giving you the JAL.

poojanshahsk

Sep 3, 2023
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

No. I plan for "International Skilled Worker: Employment Offer"

I have already worked for 1 year with current employer on LMIA.

Sorry, If I am missing something.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

No. I plan for "International Skilled Worker: Employment Offer"

I have already worked for 1 year with current employer on LMIA.

Sorry, If I am missing something.
You need to confirm all of this with SINP as this is beyond the scope of the forum. The issue is processing for the JAL to worker specifed. Also not sure in the review, SINP will realize you are on a closed work permit with LMIA with another employer, and that may complicate your application. Not sure you can have a closed work permit and JAL with two different employers.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/check-application-processing-times-for-sinp

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/hire-a-foreign-worker/recruit-and-hire-workers-with-sinp/hiring-workers-for-permanent-jobs