+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The reason of spouse not accompany

millerbai

Jun 5, 2016
Hi,Guys

I have a question, I am currently applying for EE for myself, in Express entry system, there is a space i need to fill to explain why your spouse does not accompany you, how should I answer this queation, will it effect my spouse's applying later?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well simply state the reason - whether he/she's studying, working or something else in another country.

It won't affect his/her sponshorship

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
millerbai said:
She is in Canada now, how should I explain it? thanks
You tell me. How i'm I supposed to know why you're not including him/her in your application?

millerbai

Jun 5, 2016
What I gonna say is, she has not decied if immigrate to Canada or not, she may apply for that later, does it make sense if you were CIC officer?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
millerbai said:
What I gonna say is, she has not decied if immigrate to Canada or not, she may apply for that later, does it make sense if you were CIC officer?
yes, that reason is enough

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
millerbai said:
Let me get that right. You are applying to immigrate to Canada, yet your wife, who is already in Canada, has not decided whether she wants to immigrate to Canada??

Doesn't make any sense to me, I don't think the IRCC officers are that dumb

Reactions: buzzsubash

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
BC4life said:
Let me get that right. You are applying to immigrate to Canada, yet your wife, who is already in Canada, has not decided whether she wants to immigrate to Canada??

Doesn't make any sense to me, I don't think the IRCC officers are that dumb
I agree. OP must support his statement regarding his wife's decision not to immigrate in Canada since she's been staying here already. If he convinced the officer well that's good for him but most people's perspective upon reading OP is just he's trying to get more points for doing so.

Reactions: buzzsubash

thatRossMBA

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
millerbai said:
Is it illegal to do so? If they think someone expect high score by not include spouse?
From what I understand, this is not an illegal route (I am not a lawyer though, so don't quote me on it). The problem is that it may be very easy for CIC to see through your argument of why you are not including your spouse..higher points maybe..Plus your wife is already in Canada so it is hard to buy that she does not want to immigrate..

From what I have read and understand, this clause is mostly used by people who are in separation proceedings, or where the spouse has some demonstrable commitments in his/her country that they cannot get out of.. the key I believe is the word "demonstrable".. If in your case, you can demonstrate that your wife has commitments that will not allow her to be in Canada(for eg. her employer wants to shift her to XYZ country for 2 years).. then go for it..if not please reconsider..

I have thought about this long enough as I am in a position where without my wife, I have 454 points, with her I have 445 (soon to be 440 before next draw).. I decided against the route that you are thinking because i did not want to risk my explanation being non-demonstrable...

Gamansingh

Mar 24, 2018
Hi,Guys

I have a question, I am currently applying for EE for myself, in Express entry system, there is a space i need to fill to explain why your spouse does not accompany you, how should I answer this queation, will it effect my spouse's applying later?

Thanks
Hey buddy
I have same situation. I already received ITA.
I want to know if you have received your PR with spouse non accompanying.
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks