+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

the question had you previously held any government position in permanent residency application

MohamedAzam

Aug 14, 2018
Dears,

My wife is a government employee in my home country and she is not the main applicant but in the question itself for permanent residency application it asks if you worked for any government before and it gives example like Civil service,Police officer and judge or security organization.
The question seems to be asking for decision making people or politicians or even police officers
When i read about Civil service I can see that it differs from country to country so must i mention that she is a government employee or can I ignore that?

It is not clear to me so please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dears,

My wife is a government employee in my home country and she is not the main applicant but in the question itself for permanent residency application it asks if you worked for any government before and it gives example like Civil service,Police officer and judge or security organization.
The question seems to be asking for decision making people or politicians or even police officers
When i read about Civil service I can see that it differs from country to country so must i mention that she is a government employee or can I ignore that?

It is not clear to me so please help.
She works for the government so obviously you must say yes. Failure to be honest can result in a misrepresentation finding. That would mean your application would be refused and you and your wife could be banned from Canada for five years. Don't play around with questions on the application.