julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
Yes WES will give you only bachelors title and you will lose CRS score for Professional degree. If you feel your points are adequate to get ITA without PEBC then go for WES.
That is not true in my case. I got the following from PEBC and WES. WES recognized my doctorate as a doctoral professional degree while PEBC recognized it as a bachelor.

From PEBC:

PHARMACY EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT RESULTS
Canadian Equivalency Established: Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy Degree*

Canadian Credential Equivalency Outcome: Acceptable qualification for direct admission into the PEBC Pharmacist Qualifying Examination.

Credential Assessed: Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Degree
Issued by: XXX University
Year credential issued: XXXX
Official length of program: 8
Major/Specialization: Pharmacy

Credential Authentication: Official transcript was sent directly from the issuing institute.

From WES:

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution.
Credential: Doctor of Pharmacy
Year: XXXX
Awarded by: XXXX University
Institution Status: Recognized
Institution attended: XXXX University
Canadian Equivalency: First professional degree in pharmacy (Doctor of Pharmacy).

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
That is not true in my case. I got the following from PEBC and WES. WES recognized my doctorate as a doctoral professional degree while PEBC recognized it as a bachelor.

From PEBC:

PHARMACY EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT RESULTS
Canadian Equivalency Established: Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy Degree*

Canadian Credential Equivalency Outcome: Acceptable qualification for direct admission into the PEBC Pharmacist Qualifying Examination.

Credential Assessed: Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Degree
Issued by: XXX University
Year credential issued: XXXX
Official length of program: 8

Credential Authentication: Official transcript was sent directly from the issuing institute.

From WES:

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution.
Credential: Doctor of Pharmacy
Year: XXXX
Awarded by: XXXX University
Institution Status: Recognized
Institution attended: XXXX University
Canadian Equivalency: First professional degree in pharmacy (Doctor of Pharmacy).
One of my friend did WES for his Pharm D from Pakistan and it said bachelors only and he did not get points for Professional degree. Then he went for PEBC to claim points.
US Pharm-D is completed in 8 years? that's a lengthy course. I have done 5 years Pharm-D

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
One of my friend did WES for his Pharm D from Pakistan and it said bachelors only and he did not get points for Professional degree. Then he went for PEBC to claim points.
US Pharm-D is completed in 8 years? that's a lengthy course. I have done 5 years Pharm-D
The PharmD is completed in 4 years but you're required to complete a bachelor prior to PharmD which adds another 4 years. Thinking about it I should have gone to MD which is also 4 years lol

Reactions: anwar01

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Hi!
I have done my ECA for my doctor of pharmacy degree from WES since I am working for Government and CIC offers choice of either WES or PEBC.
However, In the WES ECA report, it says:
Major: Pharmaceutical Sciences
Canadian Equivalent: Bachelor's degree ( four years )
With this ECA, what is my point for FSW 21 or 23 ?
It's creepy system, cz you get 23 points for the same degree if ECA is done through PEBC and 21 points if it's done through WES. Please correct me if I am wrong.
With 21 points I'm ineligible for FSW even though i have CRS score 410+.
In all threads, I see that with WES ECA for pharmacy, you receive only 21 points and 120 CRS.
I am very confused regarding this. I hope someone could clarify me.

Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

(also known as First professional degree or Entry-to-practice professional degree)

For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields:

• medicine,
  • veterinary medicine,
  • dentistry,
  • podiatry,
  • optometry,
  • law,
  • chiropractic medicine, or
  • pharmacy.
ECA assessment results:

Pharmacy
  • Five or more years of professional university study in pharmacy
  • Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree
  • Four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in pharmacy

If you get ECA from PEBC you get points for Master's degree or Proffesional degree.
If you get ECA from WES you get points for 4years of Bachelor's degree.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

I got points for professional degree and PPR. my PEBC ECA states I am four years in bachelors of pharmacy like mentioned above in bold letters.

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

(also known as First professional degree or Entry-to-practice professional degree)

For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields:

• medicine,
  • veterinary medicine,
  • dentistry,
  • podiatry,
  • optometry,
  • law,
  • chiropractic medicine, or
  • pharmacy.
ECA assessment results:

Pharmacy
  • Five or more years of professional university study in pharmacy
  • Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree
  • Four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in pharmacy

If you get ECA from PEBC you get points for Master's degree or Proffesional degree.
If you get ECA from WES you get points for 4years of Bachelor's degree.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

I got points for professional degree and PPR. my PEBC ECA states I am four years in bachelors of pharmacy like mentioned above in bold letters.
Thank you for your reply. But the problem is I am not applying as a pharmacist, as my job duties do not match those stated under NOC3131. Rather i am applying under NOC4165 as my primary occupation. And PEBC evaluation is only for applicants applying as a pharmacist NOC 3131.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Thank you for your reply. But the problem is I am not applying as a pharmacist, as my job duties do not match those stated under NOC3131. Rather i am applying under NOC4165 as my primary occupation. And PEBC evaluation is only for applicants applying as a pharmacist NOC 3131.
While I agree with your point.
I have been practicing for say 3 years now and I can say the process of getting licensed sucks in terms of the length of time , so going through PEBC before PR is just better than the whole WES issue.

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
While I agree with your point.
I have been practicing for say 3 years now and I can say the process of getting licensed sucks in terms of the length of time , so going through PEBC before PR is just better than the whole WES issue.
My doubt is does CIC accept ECA from PEBC even if you are not applying as a pharmacist in the primary occupation?

pk saini

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
I have done my evaluation from WES for my masters degree in pharmaceutics. They gave canadian equivalency to masters degree.. Should i select masters degree or entry to practice professional degree option OR something else?

Reactions: ThenmozhiGv

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
I have done my evaluation from WES for my masters degree in pharmaceutics. They gave canadian equivalency to masters degree.. Should i select masters degree or entry to practice professional degree option OR something else?
There's no place to choose differently for masters degree or entry to practice professional degree. You choose masters degree or professional degree.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
My doubt is does CIC accept ECA from PEBC even if you are not applying as a pharmacist in the primary occupation?
I totally get your point though. I will just advise you get the PEBC done on the side if you can afford it. The meetings and rumours going around is that they aren't happy with the way immigrants are competing with their kids and that's why the rules keep changing.
For instance, 3 extra layers have been added since I last wrote my exams.
It's also driving the wage down too.
Bottom line : try do both if you can.

Last edited:

pk saini

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
How is the career for pharmacy students in Canada?? And how many options are there to do for pharmacy people in canada?

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Yes, Its perfectly fine to use PEBC even if u are not a pharmacist.

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Masters degree,, as WES cannot evaluate Professional degrees.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
I have only worked as a lab technician NOC 2211 for two years. I have Diploma in chemical lab tech from Canada and bachelor of pharmacy from India. I got points for professional degree for being pharmacist (not by exp by education) and work exp points for NOC 2211. They dont have to be same