+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The order of things

vic2014

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Hey all,

Just received an email from CIC requesting fresh police clearances.

Does anyone know where this puts the application in the big scheme of things? I'm an August 21, 2014 applicant.

I'd think security and criminality would be closer to the end of the process, but I have not received any requests for medicals.

I'm just wondering if I can assume that I've passed the big eligibility portion of this saga?

Stay positive everyone. It'll all turn out OK in the end :)

doubty

Mar 5, 2014
Hey vic2014, did they ask for your original country PCC or all fresh PCCs from where you lived for more than 6 motnhs?

Thanks!

vic2014

Star Member
May 27, 2014
I've already submitted original PCCs, but they have now expired due to the delays in processing time. Now, they're asking for new ones even though I haven't visited any of those countries since I obtained the PCCs.

Does anyone know if this is the final portion of the application process or perhaps the vo in charge of my app just decided to start with criminality/security?

luciano_ca

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
vic2014 said:
I've already submitted original PCCs, but they have now expired due to the delays in processing time. Now, they're asking for new ones even though I haven't visited any of those countries since I obtained the PCCs.

Does anyone know if this is the final portion of the application process or perhaps the vo in charge of my app just decided to start with criminality/security?
Hi Vic,

I understand that the different steps run in parallel (or they were supposed to). The problem is that we don't know how CIC is currently processing our applications. Anyway by the fact they requested documents from you, it means that they have been working on your application, which is very positive.