+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The office will take away your visas upon landing interview?

Sevenrainbows78

Jun 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
Nah, I had a visa in my passport so I still have that, albeit with a line drawn across it. Best to be prepared in case they don't return your papers. You don't need them anymore (once you land).
I’m fully aware of the fact I don’t need them once I become a PR. I just think that it’d be nice if I could keep those documents for my personal memory/record. I’ll make a copy of them in case they will be taken away.

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Well my visas (both current permit and previous permit) are not attached to the passport; they are both separated documents. That’s why I was afraid if the officer would take them away from me upon the interview
I dont get it.
Whats the big deal. If those documents are not worth it, does it matter they put 'X' across or rip it in half.
Dont get emotional attached to small things like that. There are sooooo many other big things to worry about other than a piece of paper which is not even valid anymore.

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
I dont get it.
Whats the big deal. If those documents are not worth it, does it matter they put 'X' across or rip it in half.
Dont get emotional attached to small things like that. There are sooooo many other big things to worry about other than a piece of paper which is not even valid anymore.
Some people are sentimental about things

Reactions: Dainik