+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The office will take away your visas upon landing interview?

Sevenrainbows78

Jun 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone. I’m an inland applicant under family class. I received an email for the landing interview from Kitchener and the interview will be held very soon.

The email says I’ll need to bring all documents issued to me by IRCC (such as work permit and study permit) upon the interview. Will the officer take all documents away from me during the interview? Or will they just check what kind of documents I’ve obtained so far?

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Once you're a PR, you don't need a visa to work or study in Canada, so they cancel your existing visas. That's why they ask you to bring them

Sevenrainbows78

Jun 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone. I’m an inland applicant under family class. I received an email for the landing interview from Kitchener and the interview will be held very soon.

The email says I’ll need to bring all documents issued to me by IRCC (such as work permit and study permit) upon the interview. Will they take all documents away from me? Or will they just check what kind of documents I’ve obtained so far?
Once you're a PR, you don't need a visa to work or study in Canada, so they cancel your existing visas. That's why they ask you to bring them
Will they physically take away my visas? Or are they gonna stamp “cancellation/void” mark on the visas or something?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018

The email says I’ll need to bring all documents issued to me by IRCC (such as work permit and study permit) upon the interview. Will they take all documents away from me? Or will they just check what kind of documents I’ve obtained so far?

Will they physically take away my visas? Or are they gonna stamp “cancellation/void” mark on the visas or something?
they used a pen and put an "X" though my husbands TRV - i assume theyll do something similar with yours

Sevenrainbows78

Jun 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
they used a pen and put an "X" though my husbands TRV - i assume theyll do something similar with yours
I see. Thank you for sharing your experience! I don’t mind them putting a X on my visa, but I’d like to just keep it with me (for my personal record)

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I see. Thank you for sharing your experience! I don’t mind them putting a X on my visa, but I’d like to just keep it with me (for my personal record)
If it is affixed to you passport they cant rip the page out!!

Sevenrainbows78

Jun 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
If it is affixed to you passport they cant rip the page out!!
Well my visas (both current permit and previous permit) are not attached to the passport; they are both separated documents. That’s why I was afraid if the officer would take them away from me upon the interview

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Well my visas (both current permit and previous permit) are not attached to the passport; they are both separated documents. That’s why I was afraid if the officer would take them away from me upon the interview
It's not a visa then. It's a study or work permit I'm assuming. And they took away mine

Sevenrainbows78

Jun 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
It's not a visa then. It's a study or work permit I'm assuming. And they took away mine
As I wrote on my thread, I was talking about documents issued to me by IRCC (such as study permit and work permit).
They took away yours huh? Which office did you have your interview?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
As I wrote on my thread, I was talking about documents issued to me by IRCC (such as study permit and work permit).
Make copies if you want to keep them for nostalgic reasons.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
In the title you asked "The office will take away your visas upon landing interview?" And the answer is no for the visas since it's in the passport but it's a yes for a study or work permit.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
So yours was also taken away huh? Which office did you have an interview?
Nah, I had a visa in my passport so I still have that, albeit with a line drawn across it. Best to be prepared in case they don't return your papers. You don't need them anymore (once you land).