+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The next stage in the application process

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
We submitted our application form in Nov '07 and are in the queue since then.

Does anyone know when we should expect to hear from the embassy to provide supporting documents. What documents will they ask us to submit initially or is it everything that is listed on the checklist?

Cheers

ManiB

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ManiB said:
We submitted our application form in Nov '07 and are in the queue since then.

Does anyone know when we should expect to hear from the embassy to provide supporting documents. What documents will they ask us to submit initially or is it everything that is listed on the checklist?

Cheers

ManiB

Depending on the office, anywhere from 18 months to 5 years. Everything is on the checklist.

PMM

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
ooops ... i forgot to mention the office. Its London. What do you think the timescales might be here?
And we will be required to submit everything on the checklist yes?

Thanks PMM

malimm0a

Jul 30, 2007
hi ManiB
well my friend its a long wait time. I applied my application in June 2004 and still I am waiting for the landing papers. However mine is almost done (RPRF and medical completed) but it took 4 years. I did from London office and i am based in the UAE/Dubai. I had some issues as i was single when i applied and then i got married + baby later, so i had to submit their case as well so that took 4 years. otherwise i guess it would have taken me 2.5 years max.

you make sure to collect all the docs and requirements. (especially the police certificates from your country).
it this happens u might get in two years.

So hang on mate.

malimm0a

malimm0a

Jul 30, 2007
yoo,
one more thing - if u submit in Nov 07, then u should get a file number with in 3 months. So i guess soon u will get the file number. (if ur application is fine and no errors)

cheers
M

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
Hi malimm0a,

Thanks for the information. Its really helpful and gives me some positivity in the matter.

We were quite lucky - we received a file number after 3 weeks of sending in the simplified app form.

I am now trying to finish getting all my papers in order as the checklist specifies, so hopefully am ready when they contact me for them. (Its proving to be quite difficult right now as I have a 2 year old and a 3 week old baby)! But we'll get there some how I'm sure.

I'm very pleased for you now that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

All the best my friend and I hope its plain sailing from now on.

Mani

Danica Uy

Nov 12, 2007
Hi we are almost on the same route, applied chc london and got my aor nov. 25. 2007, also after almost 3 weeks and says have to wait 42 to 48 months. I am single , although shocked with the long wait, have to go on with my job here in uae. hope we can have our dream in less than 2 years. thnks

amal1970

Feb 28, 2008
Hi MniB
Its Amal from Mauritius here.
I did my application in september 2006, but received file number in march 2007 due to staling of my bank draft. They wrote they will contact me within 24 months. However, I do not know they will contact to ask for documents or for the whole process to complete.
I very impatient. A friend of mine applied in october 2007 and he has to wait for 36 months.
That is all information I have
Be patient
Bye
Amal

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
Danica Uy we sure are in the same boat aren't we? We got our AOR on 23rd Nov and told to wait 42 - 48 months too. I really do wish this is an over estimate and not a realistic timescale.

I think maybe your process will be a lot quicker as you are single. As I have a spouse and 2 kids mine may take a lot longer unfortunately. Never mind. We all have to wait and try and be patient (very difficult though!)

Best of luck and please keep in touch and let me know when you hear back from the embassy. I will do the same.

All the best
M

Danica Uy

Nov 12, 2007
Hi ManiB, sure I will inform you on whatever development on my application. Hopefully you will do the same.Thanks a lot for responding.