+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The New Citizen Act is coming, can I apply at 1095 days?

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
I will accumulate my 1095 days on June 16. I think the parliament will close on June 20th, and re-open in Sep.

It is possible that they will pass it and let it on by June 20th 2014...

If that is the case, I will do my application immediately on June 17 2014. If not, I will wait another 10 days before I submit the application?

Anyone has any thought?

Thanks for this.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its all speculation...
Wait till you have have completed your time and let the events take its course...
Too soon to make a decison.

Good Luck!

flamingteeth said:
I will accumulate my 1095 days on June 16. I think the parliament will close on June 20th, and re-open in Sep.

If that is the case, I will do my application immediately on June 17 2014. If not, I will wait another 10 days before I submit the application?

Anyone has any thought?

Thanks for this.

BlueCastle

Apr 10, 2014
flamingteeth said:

Anyone has any thought?

Thanks for this.
flamingteeth. I am 100% sure you can apply on June 16 with 1095 days. Get your documents ready !
Good luck,

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Thanks for this.

The reason why I am asking is that more than one friends told me that do NOT apply for the citizenship too soon, let say 1096 days.. This will make the cic very suspicious about your case, and might end up with RQ...

However, the new law is on its way, and I do not want to be banned just because i am late for 4 days...

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
Thanks for this.

The reason why I am asking is that more than one friends told me that do NOT apply for the citizenship too soon, let say 1096 days.. This will make the cic very suspicious about your case, and might end up with RQ...

However, the new law is on its way, and I do not want to be banned just because i am late for 4 days...
It's not about being suspicious. That's not the idea behind not applying at 1095. see my post (just posted it) in the May 2013 thread. I have a lot of stamps on my passport. So I made a mistake and I was off by 3 days. If it wasn't for the extra number of days I had, it would have been a problem today. Besides, the CIC agent had a document with the date and time I entered Canada. One of the dates I was sure about was registered a day after on her report. The reason was because I entered Canada at midnight which registered next day's date. Just be careful.

rcc

Apr 28, 2014
Yes you can...
I applied last Sep/13 with 1097 days.
Jan/14 - In process
Apr/14 - Took the test (scored 20/20 in Montreal)

Now I waiting for the oath letter. :)

(did not get RQ, fingerprint request, or any other inquiry from CIC)

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
yes, you are right. I need to give myself some buffer. If I made a mistake in calculating the days (though not in purpose), I will be be screwed.

I think 10-15 days buffer should be enough .

farrous13 said:
It's not about being suspicious. That's not the idea behind not applying at 1095. see my post (just posted it) in the May 2013 thread. I have a lot of stamps on my passport. So I made a mistake and I was off by 3 days. If it wasn't for the extra number of days I had, it would have been a problem today. Besides, the CIC agent had a document with the date and time I entered Canada. One of the dates I was sure about was registered a day after on her report. The reason was because I entered Canada at midnight which registered next day's date. Just be careful.