+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The July 2013 Outland Applicant Chill Spot.

ism45

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-3-2014
LANDED..........
25-3-2014
How do you guys cope?

Hello everyone,

OMG, this is really tough!

We have been apart for only one month and it is very tough on both of us.

I would like to hear opinions on how to cope with anxiety and distance relationships, which I think everyone suffer's from in this forum. Me and my wife love each others like crazy, and we can't stand being apart for a day, so what about those MONTHS!

Any ideas?

americaninlove

Mar 30, 2013
Ontario
Doc's Request.
13-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Well ism45 it unfortunately doesn't get much easier to deal with, but you will eventually adjust to being apart. It's not easy. My husband and I have been long distance since the start of our relationship, as we met through a religious dating site. We see each other roughly every month and half, and I am actually going to Canada for almost a 3 week visit here in less than 3 weeks.

Utilize Skype, chat on the phone, when something joyous or surprising happens just reach for the phone and call, write him letters (even if you don't send them), keep in frequent communication and hang in there. It sucks, it will continue too, it really doesn't get easier, but you'll survive. Have some support though with family and friends and us on here, or other Long Distance couples. I know I'm sure a lot of us can relate to your feelings cause it's really not easy to be apart from your spouse!

Good luck and we'll get through it!

BossJosh

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: How do you guys cope?

ism45 said:
Hello everyone,

I would like to hear opinions on how to cope with anxiety and distance relationships, which I think everyone suffer's from in this forum. Me and my wife love each others like crazy, and we can't stand being apart for a day, so what about those MONTHS!

Any ideas?

For me, my method of coping is to talk or see her through web cam everyday, and to know that she is ok. If i had the money my real method would be for me to see her more frequently, or if possible just to be with her together waiting for the process, im not able to do that at this time. I try to have it so that although were in each others lives, although only apart. I just try to stay busy, and know that each passing day between visits is a day closer to me being with her. At the same time i try to have fun and enjoy life where im at, hanging out with friends, going places, etc, but also sharing my experiences with her so she feels included too. She does the same-thing for me. You got to stay connected with who your with, to me that is the key to coping with long distance.

Overall, you got to stay focused on the overall goal, which is yal being together in Canada. Envision and plan on what you will be doing once up there, and what steps will you have to take, in order to get there. Since you have time now, figure out how much money it will take to do all these necessary steps. If you are able to find a job, or already have one, make as much as you can now, for every dollar made will help you out later on with your wife in the future. If possible try to meet in person as frequently as you can. I think besides the distance, its the length of time between visits that really kills the relationship. In the meantime, try to get yourself and herself to stay busy and productive. Most importantly you have to keep communicating with each-other. Stay positive, and remember that the end result of all this is for yal to be happily together forever.

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013

Hi guys,
Hope every one is doing good. I want some suggestion if you guys can provide. how you guys are sending the photo, labeling at the back with the ceremony name, the person involve and date or putting a yellow sticky at front of the photo and then writing the matter. Please help.

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
Hi guys,
Hope every one is doing good. I want some suggestion if you guys can provide. how you guys are sending the photo, labeling at the back with the ceremony name, the person involve and date or putting a yellow sticky at front of the photo and then writing the matter. Please help.

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
I sent loose photos because I didn't know I could use a computer program and just make a document with the photos and print it. I make labels for the photos with the information and I glued them to the pics. But that just what I did.

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014

ism45 said:
Hello everyone,

Any ideas?
Hubby and I have been apart for 6 months now, and I'm not going to him again till November, I try not to think about it, and definitely I just think everyday is a day closer to him. I talk to him everyday through the Skype, I text him or phone him when something happens and he does the same.
I miss him so much, but there is nothing I can do about it. I enjoy the time I have left in my beloved country, with my family and friends, because when I get there I don't know when I'm going to be able to come back.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
MCARTER82 said:
Hi guys,

I have a question which I would like to hear your advice on please. When I sent my application off to Mississauga, we only included our temporary marriage certificate, as our official one hadn't been sent to us yet (we only got married in June)

I now have the "official" copy of our marriage certificate. Should I be proactive and send this copy to London VO? I'm not sure if they would need this copy, or if the temporary copy is sufficient.

Thanks for reading guys, and big thanks to mrsalvaro and bossjosh for keeping the forum and spreadsheet up to date!
Don't send anything right now, there are more chances to get lost. Wait until you have the sponsor approval, which means that your file will be transferred to London. Then send it in, and they'll add it to your file.
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
BossJosh said:
Awe yeah, guys im still waiting on my AOR too, i only received a letter saying that they received my application and that its being processed. The AOR should be here any day now, man I hope they approve her to sponsor me. Will they send the actual AOR in the mail, or via an email?
Just a point of detail> if you've received a letter/email saying that they have received the application, that is the AOR - stands for Acknowledgement of Receipt.
The one you're now waiting for is the Sponsor Approval...
The AOR usually comes via email, the Sponsor Approval can be either email or snail mail - doesn't seen to be rhyme or reason to it - a common trend with CIC.

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
submitted with the Application
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
BossJosh said:
Awe yeah, guys im still waiting on my AOR too, i only received a letter saying that they received my application and that its being processed. The AOR should be here any day now, man I hope they approve her to sponsor me. Will they send the actual AOR in the mail, or via an email?
Hey boss, that letter that your sponsor received saying that they received your application and that it is being processed , is already your AOR. In our case we received our AOR thru my sponsor's email. What you have to wait next is the SA- Sponsorship Approval.

;D ;D ;D ;D

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Sweden said:
Don't send anything right now, there are more chances to get lost. Wait until you have the sponsor approval, which means that your file will be transferred to London. Then send it in, and they'll add it to your file.
Sweden
Thanks Sweden! Or should I say tack :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MCARTER82 said:
Thanks Sweden! Or should I say tack :)
Both work :) there is also a London thread ( and you can see the spreadsheet in my signature), lots of very supportive and nice people, so you're in good hands between the July thread and the London one :)
Good luck on your application,
Sweden

BossJosh

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweden said:
Just a point of detail> if you've received a letter/email saying that they have received the application, that is the AOR - stands for Acknowledgement of Receipt.
The one you're now waiting for is the Sponsor Approval...
The AOR usually comes via email, the Sponsor Approval can be either email or snail mail - doesn't seen to be rhyme or reason to it - a common trend with CIC.
Awe thanks, I didn't know that, the letter never said the initials AOR on it Well im glad they got and accepted my receipt. I hope i dont have to wait too much longer for the SA- Sponsor Approval. Once i get that then the real wait begins, hopefully just 12 months in Ottawa, if an interview isnt needed. Thanks for clarifying yal.

americaninlove

Mar 30, 2013
Ontario
Doc's Request.
13-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
BossJosh said:
Awe thanks, I didn't know that, the letter never said the initials AOR on it Well im glad they got and accepted my receipt. I hope i dont have to wait too much longer for the SA- Sponsor Approval. Once i get that then the real wait begins, hopefully just 12 months in Ottawa, if an interview isn't needed. Thanks for clarifying yal.
12 months! :eek:

I have been seeing it take 8 or 9 on here... I hope it doesn't take that long. :'( I am praying that these strikes won't effect us too much since they don't seem to be having a big impact according to the forums. People still seem to be moving forward... Maybe they will just hurry along these July applications because of the strikes and we will all be landed in no time! ;)

I think as well a lot of people might not be reporting back on these forums that they have landed, or are having progress in their road to PR, because people stop following them over time, as the excitement of finishing the application dies down, and I'm sure after receiving the PR things get busy!

Hoping for us Ottawa apps to have a quick process though! And everyone else too ;)

dlagirl

Jul 24, 2013
usa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Doc's Request.
02-03-14
AOR Received.
15-08-13
File Transfer...
08-08-13
Med's Done....
19-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-20-14
BossJosh said:
Alright Dlagirl, you are all set, welcome to the Chill Spot!!! You will find all your information on the spreadsheet, oh one thing, though, you and me, our visa offices will actually be in Ottawa, first, then if our interviews are not waived, and an interview is required, than they will send our application to Los Angeles, where the interview will take place. When you receive your AOR, they will let you know, right then and there whether or not that an interview is required. Most times they are waived, which is good, because it will speed up the waiting time. Yet, in the future, they can always change their mind, and decide on an interview even if they said they'd waived it. So, lets keep our fingers crossed, good luck to you and everyone else!!!
Thanks for adding me!!
I didn't know that they'd let me know about the interview that early in the process... That is actually good news! Thou I'm almost certain they will require one because my husband only included 6 pictures despite the fact that we have thousands ( ::)) . I just pray that they won't because I'm tired of Skyping and facetiming...
By the way, I am a bit of a globetrotter, I have sent 3 criminal background check, One from my country of citizenship (Cameroon), One from France (Because I moved there when I was 18 and 5 months) and I have sent one from California before I realized they specifically requested the FBI one not the State one. I don't have any criminal record anyway. Will it be a problem that I've sent the State instead of the FBI? or the one from my country of origin will suffice since I'm not actually an American Citizen? (As per the california one, it was actually a letter from the department of justice that stated they had no records of me)...