+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The invitation by CIC to help them improve a new tool - could it be for the new online test?

Rie11

Sep 9, 2020
So, I was reading the info about the test on the CIC website and saw this message popping up (don't know how to insert image, so I will just copy/paste the text):

Do you have 30 to 60 minutes in the coming weeks to help us improve a new tool?
Yes
No
Great! Please answer a few questions to see if you meet the criteria for the testing.
Are you a permanent resident of Canada?
Yes
No
Do you have access to a computer or a laptop?
Yes
No
Can you make a videoconference call with the computer or laptop?
Yes
No

I answered yes to all - and this is the message that I received:

"It looks like you’re eligible to participate! Please email us at IRCC.YourSay-Votreavis.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to tell us what time zone you’re in, and when you’re available. Please use the subject line ‘Improving a Tool – PR’ in your email. We’ll reply and schedule a remote session that’s convenient for you."

Does anyone know what it is about?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
So, I was reading the info about the test on the CIC website and saw this message popping up (don't know how to insert image, so I will just copy/paste the text):

Do you have 30 to 60 minutes in the coming weeks to help us improve a new tool?
Yes
No
Great! Please answer a few questions to see if you meet the criteria for the testing.
Are you a permanent resident of Canada?
Yes
No
Do you have access to a computer or a laptop?
Yes
No
Can you make a videoconference call with the computer or laptop?
Yes
No

I answered yes to all - and this is the message that I received:

"It looks like you’re eligible to participate! Please email us at IRCC.YourSay-Votreavis.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to tell us what time zone you’re in, and when you’re available. Please use the subject line ‘Improving a Tool – PR’ in your email. We’ll reply and schedule a remote session that’s convenient for you."

Does anyone know what it is about?
Yeah most likely for the online test.

Rie11

Sep 9, 2020
Let us know if you actually take the time to participate to that test. Thank you!
Yes, I will. Although as I think of this now, I agree with the previous user - it is probably to pilot the interview process because it says I need to be able to do a videoconference call.

Reactions: nicolass and Seym

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, I will. Although as I think of this now, I agree with the previous user - it is probably to pilot the interview process because it says I need to be able to do a videoconference call.
It's only a guess - but for the online test they will probably also require the videoconference capability (this is pretty common for these online tests as well).

But it doesn't sound to me like the online test - that seems more advanced, pilot phase (will be real tests) and not just an experiment or early stage like they seem to be proposing to you.

Again, only a guess.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
In FB group few people has already received the online test request.