Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
Hello Guys,

I have a question related to the Employment Record Documents that are required after receiving the ITA.

It says:
Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.
The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter .... etc

At my company my immediate supervisor is not a manager, my immediate supervisor is a senior, for example I am an Engineer and my immediate supervisor is a Senior Engineer, could he still sign the letter?

I hope who answers this question is someone who experienced or knows someone who experienced a similar issue, because I don't want to mess up with such an important document in case I have ever received an ITA ::)

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it has to be employee+1. Meaning your immediate superior.

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
niravk said:
Yes it has to be employee+1. Meaning your immediate superior.
I know the meaning of immediate supervisor, but in my case my immediate supervisor is another Engineer, Senior Engineer to be specific (not titled as manager or leader), is it ok if he signs the letter? this is my question rephrased.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It should be fine.. Just make sure you have proof that they were your supervisor or you were reporting to them. If you still have doubts, you can get it signed from someone in the HR. The checklist states immediate supervisor or personnel officer right?

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
Yes it does say that, however HR will provide me with an official paper with Title, Date of employment, salary and nothing more, they refuse to provide job duties.

Therefore I will provide HR letter plus a letter from a senior engineer who's to me is an immediate supervisor.

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
ramya.krishna said:
I moved out of company and i have experience letter from old employer with duties mentioned & signed.
Will that suffice?

As per CIC this how a reference letter should look like

"Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.
The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits."

Compare it with the one you have and try to cover missing information or if not possible provide an explanation letter in case something is missing.

Aug 19, 2019
Hello Guys,

I have a question related to the Employment Record Documents that are required after receiving the ITA.

It says:
Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.
The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter .... etc

At my company my immediate supervisor is not a manager, my immediate supervisor is a senior, for example I am an Engineer and my immediate supervisor is a Senior Engineer, could he still sign the letter?

I hope who answers this question is someone who experienced or knows someone who experienced a similar issue, because I don't want to mess up with such an important document in case I have ever received an ITA ::)
Did this work for you? I am in the similar situation. Your response would be of a great help. Thank you.