+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The FSW-Outland PPR rain thread: trends and speculation

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Honestly, people are expecting PPR rain after IRCC has resolved issues like travel restrictions, contacting of pre and post March 18, 2020 CoPRs, Aghan refugees, etc. but only a few have been issued PPRs. So I doubt if IRCC are really working on our applications.
Yeah, a few FSW-O applications have been approved but it's just noise, not an actual signal.

For all we know, these few applications were set apart for reasons that the applicants didn't wish to disclose, or because they were on a separate track even before covid. It wouldn't surprise me if you could get special treatment from IRCC based on the situation of your dependents, or parallel applications from family members, which is rarely mentioned by the main applicants when they get their PPR.

If you browse myimmitracker.com, you will find a couple of people who applied as FSW-O but managed to get into Canada in one way or another. They emailed IRCC to let them know that they are in Canada and they received their PPR soon after. In other words, they got treated as FSW-inland but didn't bother updating their country of residence on immitracker.

BTW, new PPR that we missed:
PPR: Aug, AOR: Dec 18 2018, CoR: India

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Yeah, a few FSW-O applications have been approved but it's just noise, not an actual signal.

For all we know, these few applications were set apart for reasons that the applicants didn't wish to disclose, or because they were on a separate track even before covid. It wouldn't surprise me if you could get special treatment from IRCC based on the situation of your dependents, or parallel applications from family members, which is rarely mentioned by the main applicants when they get their PPR.

If you browse myimmitracker.com, you will find a couple of people who applied as FSW-O but managed to get into Canada in one way or another. They emailed IRCC to let them know that they are in Canada and they received their PPR soon after. In other words, they got treated as FSW-inland but didn't bother updating their country of residence on immitracker.

BTW, new PPR that we missed:
PPR: Aug, AOR: Dec 18 2018, CoR: India
You're right. I think the few PPRs we have seen for FSW-Os were exceptional cases. The only non exceptional cases for outland applications to receive PPR are USA residents and PNPs. IRCC right now is focusing on completing applications for expired COPRs. I don't think they will simultaneously process FSW applications.
I still wonder what it means for people to be receiving re-med requests and ADRs. I received ADR in June. Pre-Covid days, people were getting PPR within a week of submitting ADRs and medical results.

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
You're right. I think the few PPRs we have seen for FSW-Os were exceptional cases. The only non exceptional cases for outland applications to receive PPR are USA residents and PNPs. IRCC right now is focusing on completing applications for expired COPRs. I don't think they will simultaneously process FSW applications.
I still wonder what it means for people to be receiving re-med requests and ADRs. I received ADR in June. Pre-Covid days, people were getting PPR within a week of submitting ADRs and medical results.
What was the document they requested from you, if I may ask?

Haven't received any ADR or red-med request yet. I hope they don't ask me for a new Korean police certificate. I don't think I can get a new one.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020

Haven't received any ADR or red-med request yet. I hope they don't ask me for a new Korean police certificate. I don't think I can get a new one.
They requested some forms and a new PCC. It's in my signature. I thought my PPR was real close but it's been 3 months since submission.
People are saying they have almost reached the immigration target for this month so it might be next year that we will receive PPRs. I'm not sure how much of that is true.

arbutuscult

Star Member
Sep 16, 2021

I think they recently changed the system so you can legally acquire Korean PCC for immigration purposes.

gshin89

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021

You can get it online, thats what i just did. I am citizen and can verify my id using phone number or kakao so it was easy.

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
I think they recently changed the system so you can legally acquire Korean PCC for immigration purposes.
You can get it online, thats what i just did. I am citizen and can verify my id using phone number or kakao so it was easy.
That's great news!
I'm not a Korean citizen, I don't have a Korean phone number and I don't live in Korea anymore. But I will try. Last time, when I was still living there, I had to harass police officers to get it.

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Update:

- PPR: Aug, AOR: Dec 18 2018, CoR: India
- PPR: Sep , AOR: Jan 24 2019, CoR: unknown
- PPR: Sep 21, AOR: Oct 2019, CoR: India, PO Montreal
- PPR: Sep 27, AOR: Dec 2019, CoR: Nigeria
- PPR: Sep 22, AOR: Dec 27 2019, CoR: Nigeria, PO: Ottawa
- PPR: Sep 18, AOR: Apr 2020, CoR: Nigeria
- PPR: Oct 5, AOR: Apr 9 2020, CoR: Belgium, VO: Paris
- PPR: Oct 8, AOR: Oct 8 2020, VO: Hong Kong
- PPR: Sep, AOR: Jan 2021, VO: Hong Kong

Last edited:

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Update:

- PPR: Aug, AOR: Dec 18 2018, CoR: India
- PPR: Sep , AOR: Jan 24 2019, CoR: unknown
- PPR: Sep 21, AOR: Oct 2019, CoR: India, PO Montreal
- PPR: Sep 27, AOR: Dec 2019, CoR: Nigeria
- PPR: Sep 22, AOR: Dec 27 2019, CoR: Nigeria, PO: Ottawa
- PPR: Sep 18, AOR: Apr 2020, CoR: Nigeria
- PPR: Oct 5, AOR: Apr 9 2020, CoR: Belgium, VO: Paris
Hope PPRs reach soon to Aug'20 waiting one's...

D

Deleted member 1050918

If you browse myimmitracker.com, you will find a couple of people who applied as FSW-O but managed to get into Canada in one way or another. They emailed IRCC to let them know that they are in Canada and they received their PPR soon after.
You don't receive a PPR if you're physically in Canada. PPR is so that they can stamp your one time visa to let you in Canada. If you're already in Canada you don't need a PPR.

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
You don't receive a PPR if you're physically in Canada. PPR is so that they can stamp your one time visa to let you in Canada. If you're already in Canada you don't need a PPR.
Good to know. I always assumed that outlanders had to exit the country and fly back to Canada. It's what I did in other countries.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Looking at the trends on Myimmitracker, it seems like Nigeria VO is working at full capacity for FSW-O while the other VOs are still just limbering up.

Reactions: Naynah

Bisting

Sep 30, 2020
U.K.
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-11-2020
Because of the other streams that they introduced this year they don’t need FSW-O applicants landing in 2021 to hit their target. They will need us to hit their 2022 target, stay patient guys our time is coming.

Reactions: MortyC137
D

Deleted member 1050918

Because of the other streams that they introduced this year they don’t need FSW-O applicants landing in 2021 to hit their target. They will need us to hit their 2022 target, stay patient guys our time is coming.
Those other streams have separate quotas just like PNP. CEC&FSW share about 100k quota this year.

Bisting

Sep 30, 2020
U.K.
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-11-2020
The quotas went out of the window in 2021 because of travel restrictions so they focused on inland to meet their overall targets. They can’t do that again so will need to focus on Outland to have any chance of getting near next years target.