+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The embassy issued my wife immigrant visa but refused to give my daughter

Aburyaan1

Feb 27, 2016
Hi everyone

I have wife and daughter who lives in Yemen. my daughter born while I am Canadian citizen.

I applied to sponsor my wife and the application sent to Abu Dhabi embassy, also I applied for my daughter prof of citizenship certificate in Canada.

Now my wife application has been approved and they issued her visa, but they refused to issue a visa for my daughter to come with her mother until her application finalized, and their reason that her proof of citizenship certificate in process.

I know friend who's been in the same situation but the embassy issued a facilitation visa for his son to travel with the mother to Canada until his application finalized, but when I asked them for the same type of visa for my daughter they said they can't because I applied for my daughter proof of citizenship certificate in Candace not directly to the embassy.

So I would appreciate any inputs or suggestions in my case.

Thanks.......

Ps: I sent letter to Sydney processing center to explain the urgency for my daughter application and still waiting.

esencan

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
19-05-2016
Did your receive the proof of citizenship. I don't think they will issue a visa for canadian citizens - once you get the proof of citizenship you should apply for a passport for your daughter. Same situation for us but in Turkey. Applied for sponsorship for my wife and proof of canadian citizenship for my son. Once the proof of citizenship came applied for his passport.

Made

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 10 2016
Nomination.....
SA:-May 20 2016
AOR Received.
Aor1 11 May 2016, Aor2 29 May 2016,
File Transfer...
Start to process May 27 2016
Med's Request
Hope not
Med's Done....
25 Oct 2015.re Sep 29 2016
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
i am applied for my son proof of citizenship in Canada Sydney Canada , what you guys time line for it,i applied in jun 30 I got aor aug 16. please shere the time line.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Aburyaan1 said:
Hi everyone

I have wife and daughter who lives in Yemen. my daughter born while I am Canadian citizen.

I applied to sponsor my wife and the application sent to Abu Dhabi embassy, also I applied for my daughter prof of citizenship certificate in Canada.

Now my wife application has been approved and they issued her visa, but they refused to issue a visa for my daughter to come with her mother until her application finalized, and their reason that her proof of citizenship certificate in process.

I know friend who's been in the same situation but the embassy issued a facilitation visa for his son to travel with the mother to Canada until his application finalized, but when I asked them for the same type of visa for my daughter they said they can't because I applied for my daughter proof of citizenship certificate in Candace not directly to the embassy.

So I would appreciate any inputs or suggestions in my case.

Thanks.......

Ps: I sent letter to Sydney processing center to explain the urgency for my daughter application and still waiting.
If your daughter is less than 2 years old, you can apply for a limited Canadian passport for your daughter. If she is over 2 years, she has to wait citizenship certificate and apply for regular child passport. They don't give out visas to Canadians thus why your daughter was refused visa since she is already Canadian.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Aburyaan1 said:

You should get your MP involved. They may be able to help get a facilitation visa issued or the certificate app processed urgently.

screech339 said:
If your daughter is less than 2 years old, you can apply for a limited Canadian passport for your daughter. If she is over 2 years, she has to wait citizenship certificate and apply for regular child passport. They don't give out visas to Canadians thus why your daughter was refused visa since she is already Canadian.
Not true. Facilitation visas are a special type of visa issued to Canadians in some situations.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/types/facilitation.asp

Aburyaan1

Feb 27, 2016
esencan said:
Did your receive the proof of citizenship. I don't think they will issue a visa for canadian citizens - once you get the proof of citizenship you should apply for a passport for your daughter. Same situation for us but in Turkey. Applied for sponsorship for my wife and proof of canadian citizenship for my son. Once the proof of citizenship came applied for his passport.
No .. my daughter she don't receive her proof of citizenship yet , that's why we asked for facilitation visa so she come here with her mother until she gets her proof of citizenship

Aburyaan1

Feb 27, 2016
Made said:
i am applied for my son proof of citizenship in Canada Sydney Canada , what you guys time line for it,i applied in jun 30 I got aor aug 16. please shere the time line.

The cic here in Canada told me it could take up to 2 years

Aburyaan1

Feb 27, 2016
screech339 said:

My daughter 5 years old , and the type of visa I asked for it called facilitation visa and this visa designed for situation like mine. I can't post links but if you search for facilitation visa you will see its for Canadian whose in my daughter situation

Aburyaan1

Feb 27, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
You should get your MP involved. They may be able to help get a facilitation visa issued or the certificate app processed urgently.

Not true. Facilitation visas are a special type of visa issued to Canadians in some situations.
Yes sir that's what I did I went to my MP and he contact the cic trying to ask them to process my daughter application urgently and we still waiting for their response..... also you are right about facilitation visa.