+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The day is here...with happy landing...

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well....today I now sit. Waiting for my connecting flight to Calgary after a sucessful landing at Vancouver International Airport.

When I got off the plane at YVR, and after a long walk, I was sent to a special door just for new immigrants. There I was directed to a nice lady who looked over my documents, told me where to go next, and gave me helpful informationm for after I get to my new home like applying for a SIN, ect) - which I will apply for tomorrow since i will be in Calgary for Xmas shopping

Then I was called to an officer who asked me the usual questions (been to Canada before?, and so on). He strck my Visa on the passport, signed in the appropriate places, he gave me a copy of the COPR, and he told me the PR card is now coming in 45 days to 60 days.

Then I picked up my baggage and went to the CBSA people who looked over my goods lists, and sent me on my way.

The only drawback: YVR is a zoo!. Lots of people this time of year. With the olympics coming in February, its going to get worse.

So now I write to you all and say, thanks for all the information and good luck to those who come after me.

The key: When you get to the great hall for immigration at vanvouer airport, you turn left instead of right to the CBSA kiosks. Keep going left until you see a sign that says 'new immigrants" - and just follow the signs.

Later all :)

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
Congratulations and thanks for this useful information. I am packing up at the moment and soon be heading too. If you can give any advise like Dos and Don'ts, that would be great. I assume that if you have all your documents sorted that, I don't think there would be any issues at landing.

One thing I've always wondered and maybe that's the time to ask it, is the savings that I've done here at US, what's the best/hassle free way to transfer to Canada? Your inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks and Happy holidays.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations, E.P.!

toledo said:
One thing I've always wondered and maybe that's the time to ask it, is the savings that I've done here at US, what's the best/hassle free way to transfer to Canada? Your inputs will be appreciated.
Either bring it over yourself in a negotiable form (draft, money order, etc. ...) or wire transfer it straight into your Canadian bank account.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Congrats again Eric! I think it's so great you'll be there for Christmas. Thank you for sharing your landing experience!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Congratulations Eric Parker! Happy holidays!