+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The date photo taken on the PR CARD back must be stamped?

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
1. Is there any CIC policy claiming that the date of photo taken on the PR CARD back must be stamped, and hand written is not acceptable?
2. Is there any CIC policy stating that the PR card photos must be taken in Canada and must be taken by the photo shop in Canada?

Some folks complain they received red letter indicated that the photos are not acceptable because either it was not stamped, and/or NOT taken by professional experts in Canada.

ahaboubi

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2007
Doc's Request.
Mar-2010
Med's Done....
Nov-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2011
LANDED..........
Jun-2011
Our PR card photos were taken outside Canada (before landing) and the date on the back of the photo was handwritten. They were accepted.

Regards.

Reactions: Roomi27a

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
ahaboubi said:
Our PR card photos were taken outside Canada (before landing) and the date on the back of the photo was handwritten. They were accepted.

Regards.
thanks!

Some folks said, after you landed, your ecas will show: you landed at ... port on yy mm dd, and became CA PR. I landed on Oct 13, 2012, the ECAS immediately show AB address, and one day later show the status "Complete". No such words that I became PR on certain day etc. Maybe it will take a time to show such information in ECAS? WHAT ABOUT YOURS?

ahaboubi

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2007
Doc's Request.
Mar-2010
Med's Done....
Nov-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2011
LANDED..........
Jun-2011
It didn't say that I landed on this date or that I became a PR. Just like, you, it simply said status Complete

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Its something depend upon person issuing pr card.
Our photo requested during time of PR / COPR issue.
We went to prof photographer paid £15 each for set of photo (4 pic) as asked in letter by CIC.

Size etc is perfect 35-45 mm with 25-30 face size.
Got COPR in same.
But when landed ,
My pic got rejected after 6-7 week.

I then go to photographer and paid 16.99$ each for a set of 2 photo.
Only diff is he stamped with hos shop name and date at back.

Its ridicules which cost us approx $50 and time waste .

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The regulations require that the photo be taken not more than 12 months prior to the application date.

CIC have followed on this by requiring that the photo be dated on the back on the date it was taken. The regs do not state if this date is to be hand written or stamped nor do they state that this photo be taken in Canada.

Most photo studios in Canada are aware of the date requirement and usually stamp the date. This adds to the 'authenticity' aspect though one could argue the stamp can be set to any date. Most bonafide studios offer a refund or a re-take if the photos are rejected.

If I had spent thousands of dollars applying for PR, flight tickets etc I wouldn't sweat the small stuff such as taking the photos in Canada.

just my 0.02 cents