+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

THE CURIOUS CASE OF CONTINUOUS WORK EXPERIENCE

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Could any one please lend your thoughts on my case

My Profile:
CRS Score= 450 (FSW-stream)
Education: Masters
Work Experience: 23 months -Full time (Points claimed for 1 year)
IELTS: W-7;S-7;R-8;L-9
Marital Status:Single
NOC Code: 3131 (Industrial Pharmacist)

EE profile created on Jan 17,2016, OINP PT received on Jan 18, 2016 and OINP package delivered date : Feb 22,2016; AOR: Awaiting

The Problem:
Work Experience

Job 1 @ Company A: May 27, 2014- May 25, 2015 (2 days short of one exact year)
Job 2 @ Company B: June 20, 2015- Currently I work here ( 11 months 8 days and counting)
Working hours: Atleast 40 / week
Gap between switching jobs: 25 days

Can my work experience be considered as CONTINUOUS? By June 20, 2016 I will have 2 years of experience and ONE YEAR OF CONTINUOUS experience (in ABSOLUTE TERMS). Can OINP now reject my application stating that I did not have continuous experience by the time I have received a PT notification or by the time my application package is delivered to them. Before any such decision is made by OINP, will they not consider my CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES (regarding work experience CONTINUITY) ? Any thoughts of yours are much appreciated.
Thanks.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
As far as i know they would not count days, but months. :)

You should be ok.

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
andy108 said:
As far as i know they would not count days, but months. :)

You should be ok.
Thanks for leaving a reply Andy,that's bit reassuring (even I feel so). However, I have come across few threads on this board where few hero members are of the opinion that it has to be for atleast 30 hours per week and for a straight 52 weeks.

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
AGENTOO7 said:
Thanks for leaving a reply Andy,that's bit reassuring (even I feel so). However, I have come across few threads on this board where few hero members are of the opinion that it has to be for atleast 30 hours per week and for a straight 52 weeks.
Even though you are less by 2 days it must be 52 weeks by then. If in the 52nd week you worked 30hours absolutely no issue. I know some of my friends who applied under CEC with less than 2 or 3 days for one year, they never had any issues with EE. I don't know about OINP, but I guess it must be the same for them as well.

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Joejo said:
Even though you are less by 2 days it must be 52 weeks by then. If in the 52nd week you worked 30hours absolutely no issue. I know some of my friends who applied under CEC with less than 2 or 3 days for one year, they never had any issues with EE. I don't know about OINP, but I guess it must be the same for them as well.
Thanks for leaving a reply Jojo. I hope OINP considers it the same way then. I'll have to wait and see

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
did dey accept?
No they didn't. They said that both hours of work and one continuous year are inclusive, and should be read in conjunction. I was given an opportunity to contest their decision through an arbitrator , but I didn't as I got an invite from express entry eventually and made it.