+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The CEO is my family member

Am13

Sep 5, 2018
Hey!

I have recently received ITA and now I'm in the process of collecting the papers to apply.

By far everything was alright, however, I realised that I may have a problem with proving my work experience, since the CEO and the owner of the company I'm working at is one of the members of my family.

It is not clear right away, I mean the company name does not contain our family name or smth like that. But after some research online they might find it out, and I believe they will have some bias towards it.

Is it a real problem? May they ask me to get some extra proofs of my work experience? Should I tell them myself?

Note: my family member is not my supervisor at work.

Thank you!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey!

I have recently received ITA and now I'm in the process of collecting the papers to apply.

By far everything was alright, however, I realised that I may have a problem with proving my work experience, since the CEO and the owner of the company I'm working at is one of the members of my family.

It is not clear right away, I mean the company name does not contain our family name or smth like that. But after some research online they might find it out, and I believe they will have some bias towards it.

Is it a real problem? May they ask me to get some extra proofs of my work experience? Should I tell them myself?

Note: my family member is not my supervisor at work.

Thank you!
As long as you have letter of refernce to back up your work experience claim it should not be a concern imho