+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The "Cap" has been RESET as of Jul 1, 2011 >>>

reimfr

Apr 7, 2011
flower098 said:
Some one pls let me know when is it safe to send the application..
I am waiting until tomorrow. All changes will be made today on the CIC website. My guess is that the only change is the CAP and classifications. Good luck.

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
How about the changes in point system, Captain Qorax?

SandySurrey

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2010
AOR Received.
22 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
Inprocess from 14May 2012
Med's Request
13-june-2013,
Med's Done....
21-June-2013, e cas line added on 04 July 2013
Passport Req..
Documents deposited 15 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/09/2013, DM on 15/09/2013
Thanks alot Qorax

qorax said:
Yes, CIC has nowhere indicated that they r considering reducing the quantities of new immigrants into the country. In fact, Kenney has opined many a times that the nos. would remain the same.

Which implies that - Yes, the older lots would get the seriousness they deserve, now that the application/s intake stands reduced. Meaning: The backlog will continue to be addressed/reduced.

This is definitely a 'good sign' [as many put it that way] for the existing apps in their vaults [!].

Qorax

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
qorax said:
Yes, CIC has nowhere indicated that they r considering reducing the quantities of new immigrants into the country. In fact, Kenney has opined many a times that the nos. would remain the same.

Which implies that - Yes, the older lots would get the seriousness they deserve, now that the application/s intake stands reduced. Meaning: The backlog will continue to be addressed/reduced.

This is definitely a 'good sign' [as many put it that way] for the existing apps in their vaults [!].

Qorax
Qorax,

To clear the backlog, where will CIC put more focus - on pre-June 2010 or pre-Feb 2008?

Appreciate your valued comments!

nad

Sep 27, 2010
reimfr said:
I am waiting until tomorrow. All changes will be made today on the CIC website. My guess is that the only change is the CAP and classifications. Good luck.
As I understand the only change is the CAP all te point system is same please correct me if I am wrong, and what is classification you mentioned.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
flower098 said:
Some one pls let me know when is it safe to send the application..
28th June 2011.
U should've send it by now... this minuscule quota could be 'full' before u could say, "Billy Joe"! Send it asap.

Qorax

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
attached with application
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
as of today's news on cic website. It still shows 20,000 application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

flower098

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
qorax said:
28th June 2011.
U should've send it by now... this minuscule quota could be 'full' before u could say, "Billy Joe"! Send it asap.

Qorax
Even I am thinking that the quota will be filled. But if there arr some changes in the selection factors or forms then I will not be eligible at all.....I have never been so confused...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
flower098 said:
Even I am thinking that the quota will be filled. But if there arr some changes in the selection factors or forms then I will not be eligible at all.....I have never been so confused...
CIC never applies [change of] rules retroactively. As of date there's no mention of selection criterion replacing... just that it's 500/NOC. If u send your apps before the 'cap' applies - u'd be considered as per the prevalent rules. There's a lock-in factor, remember?

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
string11 said:
as of today's news on cic website. It still shows 20,000 application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp
Really? Pls read the box:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Goodman!!

Star Member
May 24, 2011
qorax said:
CIC never applies [change of] rules retroactively. As of date there's no mention of selection criterion replacing... just that it's 500/NOC. If u send your apps before the 'cap' applies - u'd be considered as per the prevalent rules. There's a lock-in factor, remember?

Qorax
i agree with qorax. there is no point beleiving that points allocation will be changed in day or two. its same as before so send your application as soon as possible.

thx

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mamurewa said:
Does any one know why the Canadian gov has chosen to only accept 500 applicants per category. Does this mean there may not be taking any applicants next year. Does any one know how they calculate how many people they will accept each year should i be worried about next year that is when i wanted to put in the application. Pls help...
Why 500?

'Coz they don't require much 'new' applications... having a huge backlog already to fall back on. The intake quantities of new immigrants into the country remain the same... just that fresh cases aren't encouraged.

-If your application is already lodged with CIC -- this regulation could be beneficial to u.
-If u haven't applied yet -- hurry up... the 500/NOC quota is too minuscule, could be a goner in days.

Qorax

Goodman!!

Star Member
May 24, 2011
another proof that points scoring remains the same

on this page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

click the six selection factors at the bottom

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Selection Factor Points
Education Maximum 25 points
Proficiency in English and/or French Maximum 24 points
Experience Maximum 21 points
Age Maximum 10 points
Arranged employment in Canada Maximum 10 points
Adaptability Maximum 10 points
Total Maximum 100 points
Pass mark 67 points

so points remains the same as before.
now stop wasting time and send your application as soon as possible before the cap is reached. good luck to all.....