+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anxious journey from PPR to CoPR

karachi-pakistan

Apr 12, 2016
Edmonton, AB, CA
Quick question for those who got PPR.

I got PPR on 8th April 2016 and noticed an upload request in my cic account which required passport to be uploaded again.

Although I uploaded copy of my passport again the day I sent my passport to the VO (11th April 2016) but wondering, out of curiosity, as to why they asked for it again? ::) I mean why they had to ask for it again after PPR? Isn't that the time when a decision has already been made on your application based on the documents uploaded earlier? Is it a regular occurrence? Note that I only uploaded copy of my current valid passport, and not the two previous cancelled ones which had visa stamps too as the instructions were clear that the current valid passport is to be uploaded.

Please comment on the above.

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
karachi said:

I got PPR on 8th April 2016 and noticed an upload request in my cic account which required passport to be uploaded again.

Although I uploaded copy of my passport again the day I sent my passport to the VO (11th April 2016) but wondering, out of curiosity, as to why they asked for it again? ::) I mean why they had to ask for it again after PPR? Isn't that the time when a decision has already been made on your application based on the documents uploaded earlier? Is it a regular occurrence? Note that I only uploaded copy of my current valid passport, and not the two previous cancelled ones which had visa stamps too as the instructions were clear that the current valid passport is to be uploaded.

In the past there have been instances where a PPR request has generated a request for passport in MyCIC. I don't think it is anything to worry about just a system issue for them where along with PPR it shows a passport request on MyCIC sometimes for some people. I never saw any issues for people who reported this in the past in terms of getting visa stamped or getting COPR.

Don't worry and goodluclk!!!

cocomo

Aug 30, 2015
that's a very quick time line my friend
what was you CRS score and PNP/FSW/CEC???
Congrats on the PPR!!!

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karachi said:

Not too worried, as long as you got PPR, that mean your file has been finalized so just wait for passport and COPR then complete landing procedure.

Congratulation for PPR :)