Washington DC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Although the Form 5562 E is self explanatory, and does not need a cover letter. But if you have kept it short and simple, it will not hurt. You can PM me and I will get back to you.
Just sent you a PM. It is just 5 lines. Waiting for your response.

Aug 8, 2017
Hi Legal,

Following ur threads for a long time and very valuable help. I am finally filing my application and had a question.

My FBI PCC has not arrived, i am thinking of submitting the application with LoE. Will it affect the processing.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal,

Following ur threads for a long time and very valuable help. I am finally filing my application and had a question.

My FBI PCC has not arrived, i am thinking of submitting the application with LoE. Will it affect the processing.
FBI PCCs take a long time after to be issued. You can surely file you application and include the LoE. I wrote the following and you are free to use the format, however, tweak it as per your needs:

Immigration Officer
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada

Re: Explanation letter in support of [Name of primary applicant's] application.
Dear Immigration Officer:

I am writing to request that you consider accepting my immigration application without the Clearance Certificate from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S.A. (hereinafter “FBI”), because of the delay in processing by the FBI. If accepting the application without the FBI Clearance Certificate is not an option, I request that you consider granting me an extension until I receive the Clearance Certificate from the FBI.

Upon receiving the Invitation to Apply (ITA) on [DATE], I expeditiously got my fingerprinting done and dispatched my application requesting for a background check to the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division in Clarksburg, West Virginia, U.S.A. The background check application was dispatched on [DATE] via [CARRIER - USPS, FEDEX ETC], and was delivered at the FBI CJIS division on [DATE]. A copy of the USPS express mail receipt, USPS sales receipt, cash receipt for fingerprinting by the [POLICE OR OFFICE WHICH DID FINGER PRINTING] Sherriff’s Office, and the delivery confirmation is enclosed along with for your perusal. - ONLY IF IT APPLIES TO YOU CASE

In light of these extenuating factors, I request that my application be considered without the FBI clearance Certificate, and as soon as it becomes available, I will forward the same. Alternatively, I have obtained a clearance certificate from the Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation, which has been made a part of the application and is also enclosed along with for your perusal.

If there is any additional information that would aid IRCC in considering this request, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you for your time and consideration of this request.

Kind regards,​
Further IRCC states: <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp> under PCC

In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept

• proof of having requested a police certificate for such countries; and
  • an explanation of best efforts (not a guarantee of acceptance). The applicant should explain the delay in a document and upload the document. The uploaded document must show that the applicant requested a police certificate as soon as possible after receiving their Invitation to Apply.

If you are approaching the deadline to submit the application, go ahead and file the application with LoE. If you have time, just wait.

IRCC will give you 60 days to submit the PCC, and until then the application will not be processed. This was my experience.

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017
FBI PCCs take a long time after to be issued. You can surely file you application and include the LoE. I wrote the following and you are free to use the format, however, tweak it as per your needs:

Immigration Officer
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada

Re: Explanation letter in support of [Name of primary applicant's] application.
Dear Immigration Officer:

I am writing to request that you consider accepting my immigration application without the Clearance Certificate from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S.A. (hereinafter “FBI”), because of the delay in processing by the FBI. If accepting the application without the FBI Clearance Certificate is not an option, I request that you consider granting me an extension until I receive the Clearance Certificate from the FBI.

Upon receiving the Invitation to Apply (ITA) on [DATE], I expeditiously got my fingerprinting done and dispatched my application requesting for a background check to the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division in Clarksburg, West Virginia, U.S.A. The background check application was dispatched on [DATE] via [CARRIER - USPS, FEDEX ETC], and was delivered at the FBI CJIS division on [DATE]. A copy of the USPS express mail receipt, USPS sales receipt, cash receipt for fingerprinting by the [POLICE OR OFFICE WHICH DID FINGER PRINTING] Sherriff’s Office, and the delivery confirmation is enclosed along with for your perusal. - ONLY IF IT APPLIES TO YOU CASE

In light of these extenuating factors, I request that my application be considered without the FBI clearance Certificate, and as soon as it becomes available, I will forward the same. Alternatively, I have obtained a clearance certificate from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation, which has been made a part of the application and is also enclosed along with for your perusal.

If there is any additional information that would aid IRCC in considering this request, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you for your time and consideration of this request.

Kind regards,​
Further IRCC states: <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp> under PCC

In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept

• proof of having requested a police certificate for such countries; and
  • an explanation of best efforts (not a guarantee of acceptance). The applicant should explain the delay in a document and upload the document. The uploaded document must show that the applicant requested a police certificate as soon as possible after receiving their Invitation to Apply.

If you are approaching the deadline to submit the application, go ahead and file the application with LoE. If you have time, just wait.

IRCC will give you 60 days to submit the PCC, and until then the application will not be processed. This was my experience.

Hope it helps!

Thank you so much. this is great help and relives my stress. I was not sure what to do.

nomad777

Jan 29, 2016
So I received my GCMS notes today. I am PNP inland with AOR Jan 25th. I passed eligibility, criminality and medical. But in my GCMS it shows security screening on sub activities and s.15 on the top right corner. Under activity security started on April and security screening started on July. There is also like two activity name security screening but it has no dates or any info. Officer review mentioned eligibility passed and meeting min requirement, PN program, A11.2 assessment and EE-M1 PV2. So looks like I am in for a long wait, just my luck. Took me 1 year to get OINP and now I may have to wait till Jan next year or more. I have been in Canada as a visitor for almost 2 years since my work permit expired. The 2 year employment gap is gonna be another hassle for finding work here.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So I received my GCMS notes today. I am PNP inland with AOR Jan 25th. I passed eligibility, criminality and medical. But in my GCMS it shows security screening on sub activities and s.15 on the top right corner. Under activity security started on April and security screening started on July. There is also like two activity name security screening but it has no dates or any info. Officer review mentioned eligibility passed and meeting min requirement, PN program, A11.2 assessment and EE-M1 PV2. So looks like I am in for a long wait, just my luck. Took me 1 year to get OINP and now I may have to wait till Jan next year or more. I have been in Canada as a visitor for almost 2 years since my work permit expired. The 2 year employment gap is gonna be another hassle for finding work here.
Not all security screening will take long. Since you are an inland application, the security screening will be done by inland agencies. As regards s15 see my post. Security screening is a convoluted task and not necessarily time consuming for all applicants. This will depend on factors like your country of origin, your past travel, any government affiliation etc. Since you have cleared eligibility and the security is the only thing remaining, you are in much better shape than many other PNP. Just wait and see, you may be one of the lucky ones to get it through.

Keep us posted when you get any movement.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is your country of origin?

nomad777

Jan 29, 2016
Not all security screening will take long. Since you are an inland application, the security screening will be done by inland agencies. As regards s15 see my post. Security screening is a convoluted task and not necessarily time consuming for all applicants. This will depend on factors like your country of origin, your past travel, any government affiliation etc. Since you have cleared eligibility and the security is the only thing remaining, you are in much better shape than many other PNP. Just wait and see, you may be one of the lucky ones to get it through.

Keep us posted when you get any movement.
I did travel to Qatar every year since my parents reside there and I have given PCC from Qatar. I have travelled to Saudi and Egypt once but they were less than a month. The only other places I have been to were three countries in South-east Asia but they were less than 1 month as well. I have no government or military affiliation.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I hope the wait will soon be over.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When your application is under progress, the details are not provided. But it is not only the citizens or the PR under the scanner, even citizens are subject to be scanned.

This is an article from 2015, but an interesting read.

https://www.thestar.com/news/privacy-blog/2015/05/what-happens-when-you-request-your-csis-file.html
Hi Legalfalcon,

Just a quick question:

According to my GCMS notes since 25 May 2017 (requested 3 times - one month apart) , the security is still showing blank under assessments. There is about 13 activities blank as well under s15 and s16. It is just showing normal Security, not security screening. Eligibility, criminality passed on 26 January 2017, Medicals passed for a second time on 22 February 2017. Since then, no new updates or any notes. Call centre agents have been confirming that security passed for both of us since 15 June 2017.

My questions are:

1. Will Security show passed on GCMS notes if all has been finalized or can it stay blank till the end.

2. Do you think there are red flags as we are normal security and our application is still not finalized after 9 and 1/2 months?
(our notes doesn't say anything we can see that is strange)

3. The Call center has been telling us for the last 2 months that our application is waiting for final review and has been assigned to a final officer. Can it really take this long to finalise or do you think there is something wrong with application?

I value your input so much and appreciate all you are doing for us every day.

Thanking you again in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

Just a quick question:

According to my GCMS notes since 25 May 2017 (requested 3 times - one month apart) , the security is still showing blank under assessments. There is about 13 activities blank as well under s15 and s16. It is just showing normal Security, not security screening. Eligibility, criminality passed on 26 January 2017, Medicals passed for a second time on 22 February 2017. Since then, no new updates or any notes. Call centre agents have been confirming that security passed for both of us since 15 June 2017.

My questions are:

1. Will Security show passed on GCMS notes if all has been finalized or can it stay blank till the end.

It will continue to stay blank and you will see s15/16 on the top right corner of that page.

2. Do you think there are red flags as we are normal security and our application is still not finalized after 9 and 1/2 months?
(our notes doesn't say anything we can see that is strange)

There is nothing to worry about. You are almost there. When I applied for EE in September 2015, my application was sitting in security for a few months. My application was approved after 8 months. Most of the delays are due to no one working on the file.

3. The Call center has been telling us for the last 2 months that our application is waiting for final review and has been assigned to a final officer. Can it really take this long to finalise or do you think there is something wrong with application?

During the final review, an officer will evaluate the recommendation from different agencies, especially the CSIS, CBSA, RCMP etc. and update the file. It is not that it is taking long, the issue is that most likely no one has worked on the file.

Keep raising CSE and check for regular updates and also order GCMs notes, even though they may not show anything new, but may help in moving your file. It is just a matter of time before you get the PPR.

I value your input so much and appreciate all you are doing for us every day.

Thanking you again in advance.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: InspiredC

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon. I got my GCMS notes, how will I know that I m under security screening. I don't find s15 written at the corner though.
All files go through security, only some go through additional security, which takes time. If your eligibility is passed, only then will the security start. If your security is blank and you do not see s15 / 16 on the top right of the GCMS notes, then most likely the security has not started for you.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All files go through security, only some go through additional security, which takes time. If your eligibility is passed, only then will the security start. If your security is blank and you do not see s15 / 16 on the top right of the GCMS notes, then most likely the security has not started for you.
Well eligibility is passed. It is showing on page 2