that was harsh, I need your support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am from Pakistan, Currently in As(1st Year of A'Levels). I had plans for CPA, Will describe in detail, I have planned to go for MBA first from canada then Masters from Canada and then CPA from canada. During this all I am gonna be citizen hopefully. After being citizen I have plans to Settle in Canada with my parents.
But I just read some topics that Canada is worst, Educated people are Driver .. No jobs etc etc.. Those topic Really made my dreams down tbh. What I need is you guys help. Weather to stay with my plans or not? I REALLY CONFUSED AND DISAPPOINTED OF CANADA ..
I thought I will be employed with a High salary after cpa but as many topics said there arent jobs. PLEASE GUIDE ME.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I can't answer all of your questions.

However i did want to point out that you won't be able to become a citizen of Canada immediately. You will first have to become a permanent resident. Once you are a permanent resident, you will be able to apply for citizenship once you have lived in Canada for at least four years.

Sponsoring your parents to live with you in Canada is a long process and they will not be able to move to Canada to live her permanently when you get PR. From the time you finish your degree in Canada and start working full time, you should expect it will take at least 8 years (quite possibly longer) before your parents will be able to move to Canada permanently.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Economy currently is bad, not just in Canada but in all developed countries of the world.

If you can pay for your education feel free to come to Canada and pursue your goals. People are nice and friendly, overall it's safer there than in US.
If you get a Perm Residence in the meantime, so be it. Who knows, may be by the time you graduate things would change.
Also, while at school you may meet people, make friends who may help you get a professional job regardless.
In many aspects we are back to mid XIX century Paris where who know and how you sell yourself in social settings (it's fashionably called "networking" now) will determine if you can make it or not.

Just be realistic, beware that economy sucks. Hundreds of people are in a fierce competition with each other for each vacancy, front desk and receptionists are required to have Bachelors' Degrees to be considered for a position, and as an immigrant you are never sufficiently qualified for anything better than burger flipping and cab driving, no matter what education or experience you have, and everybody is like "this is OK and how it should be".

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
I always hear people saying burger flipping here, burger flipping there.. There is nothing wrong with that! Many burger flippers have started there and became franchise owners for McDonald or Burger King, some owning several restaurants.

There is a career behind McDonalds, proper training and a job. My background is 28 years of hotel management and I was never unemployed in my life, even here in Canada! So go figure.

Doing Master degrees and Doctorates, 40, 50 grand for an MBA, even more for a PhD..geez, you guys must be loaded!

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polara69 said:
I always hear people saying burger flipping here, burger flipping there.. There is nothing wrong with that! Many burger flippers have started there and became franchise owners for McDonald or Burger King, some owning several restaurants.

There is a career behind McDonalds, proper training and a job. My background is 28 years of hotel management and I was never unemployed in my life, even here in Canada! So go figure.

Doing Master degrees and Doctorates, 40, 50 grand for an MBA, even more for a PhD..geez, you guys must be loaded!
Polara69, someone who was selected as FSW because of educational credentials and work experience is not as open to burger flipping as an 18 years old high-school graduate would be.

Back in 1990's you could become a millionaire by starting as a driver at Domino's pizza (deliver pizza a year, become a manager, then pay $17K, buy a franchise, then , as soon as you get your $17K back buy another. I heard of one guy in Long Island, New York who became a head of over 15 Domino's or Papa John's Pizzas. Though idiot lost everything, because, trying to save on franchise fees, opened a separate pizza shop under his own brand and STOLE(!) the ingredients of the franchise chain. Which franchise promptly discovered and kicked him out, with no right to sell his franchises to anyone. So , you get a clue what level of intelligence you could have and still own over 15 franchises back then).

But ,(aside from the fact that you can't buy a well doing, profitable franchise in Canada for $17K in these days, more like $250K or greater investments are needed), this is not what FSW immigrants were selected for.

As myself and others mentioned earlier, there is absolutely nothing wrong with any type of job out there as long as need meets supply, but why didn't Canada create a FFBW (Federal Flip a Burger Worker) program instead of FSW? Who would complain then?
I am sure A LOT of people all over the world would love to flip burgers for $11/Hr or even less.
Why play such a prank and force doctors, engineers and educated graduates do it, after selecting them precisely for their professional education and experience? ;D

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
david1697 said:
Why play such a prank and force doctors, engineers and educated graduates do it, after selecting them precisely for their professional education and experience? ;D
You know that, I know that, probably by now, many immigrants will have figured that one out, too. But what can we do? Complain to the government? Nothing much will happen in the future, I am afraid!

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polara69 said:
You know that, I know that, probably by now, many immigrants will have figured that one out, too. But what can we do? Complain to the government? Nothing much will happen in the future, I am afraid!
The more immigrants know it the better. Especially before they sell all their assets and move.

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
david1697 said:
The more immigrants know it the better. Especially before they sell all their assets and move.
But what if we are educated from canada? We don't have to be a Driver, Burger flipper right?

mazleen

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Dec 2014
AOR Received.
AOR2: 16th March 2015
File Transfer...
9th March 2015.E-cas in process: 22nd August 2015
Med's Done....
8th Dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27th August 2015. DM : 27th August 2015.Passport sent:2nd Sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
my flight is on 19th Nov 2015 :)
I think that if you got your education from a Canadian University, then it should be a bit different i guess. But it depends on what you study and the job prospects.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Hussain Junejo said:
But what if we are educated from canada? We don't have to be a Driver, Burger flipper right?
You can have 3 PhD's and still no job. If there are no jobs to fit your profile then that is it. Don't forget, you also compete with a lot of Canadians looking for a job..

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
polara69 said:
You can have 3 PhD's and still no job. If there are no jobs to fit your profile then that is it. Don't forget, you also compete with a lot of Canadians looking for a job..
I am from Toronto and an immigrants and jobless. I was laid off as a security guard last week and it was a night shift job with slight over minimum wage and only 20 hours a month. I have Masters degree and was a senior manager in IT back home. Go figure out how hard it is here, few years ago people complain of driving taxi, doing security job or cleaning toilet, now they will beg for even those jobs to survive. FSW is just a scam for depressing low level wages till the max, it is all for profits of a few percentage of people on the top of the food chain.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sometimes it feels like when so many Third World country immigrants started to pour to Developed World,
someone said "Well, why can't we create Third World conditions for them here? This way these s.uckers will never
get away from what they try to get away from".

Of course , even though outcome feels like it was pre-planned, reality is more chaotic, less organized and planned.

These are natural outcomes of open borders, where jobs travel overseas (where labor is cheap) and workers travel to where cost of labor
is higher. At some point, I guess, we will have total equality (it won't matter whether you are in Somali, India or Canada), there will be similarity of jobs, wages and competition. Until then, wages will go down in Developed world, while rising in the Third World countries, and overall trend will continue.

We, the Human race, must make inhabitable and inhabit some new planet, who knows, may be Mars, by means of creating a giant environmental chain reaction that would fill it's atmosphere with Oxygen and make animal life possible :)
Then we could have a sort of New America , a modern beacon of hope where fast growth would once again promise some opportunity of advance to those who are willing to go for it.

Until then , we are all stuck in Paris,France of mid XIX century. Read some novels of the said period and you will see what I mean.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
david1697 said:
Sometimes it feels like when so many Third World country immigrants started to pour to Developed World,
someone said "Well, why can't we create Third World conditions for them here? This way these s.uckers will never
get away from what they try to get away from".
Another thought..why not create first world conditions there, so one does not have to leave their home country?

Isn't that the reason why most people leave? I know it is seen through pink glasses, but it would be a start. Probably not in my life time, but who knows?

I came here to get away from work stress and keeping up with the Joneses..quite different to most others, I guess.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deerestlovelybear said:
FSW is just a scam for depressing low level wages till the max, it is all for profits of a few percentage of people on the top of the food chain.
No, FSW is just one of the many ways to immigrate to Canada. One doesn't have to accept low level wages.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polara69 said:
Another thought..why not create first world conditions there, so one does not have to leave their home country?

Isn't that the reason why most people leave? I know it is seen through pink glasses, but it would be a start. Probably not in my life time, but who knows?

I came here to get away from work stress and keeping up with the Joneses..quite different to most others, I guess.
The fact is: socio-economically we are all moving towards Second World conditions. Third World is moving up and Developed World is moving down.
As I pointed out in my earlier replies, this is a natural outcome of the processes started in 1970's.

I am not sure how can First World conditions be created anywhere anymore , because companies no longer have incentives to create those conditions: they have alternative places to go and do business, where labor is dirt cheap and workers' rights is a non-existent concept.So, why bother with creating First World conditions?

As to reasons for migration, everyone has their own reason, and (giving it a second thought) they are all legitimate and good reasons, because, basically, everyone is moving to a better place in pursuit of an inherent desire for the happiness. Each individual case might be different, and everyone may have their own idea of what happiness is, but in a nutshell a Human being yearns for a better Life, like branches of the tree yearn for a Sunshine.

In my case, I am living in US, and it so happens that the country where I live is economically better off than canada , but Canada offers (in my subjective opinion) a better living environment. Keeping up with Joneses had never been my top priority (while for many in US it is, and a lot of people I know since 90's now live in half million or million dollar properties).

But if I lived in India and suffered indignation of not having a place to empty my bowels (because it was luxury reserved for top elite) , where paying me $5.00 per month for extremely hard labor was a norm and people in authority could mistreat me anyway they wish because I was "nobody",an "untouchable", and if my ONLY motive to escape India and go to Canada was to work and earn some honest money, I don't see how I would be less of a man or less deserving of a respect , comparing it to what my conditions and motives to move to Canada are.

But the issue we discuss here is that Canadian economy is in a recess. Let's not forget it. And thousands of families ,who struggled and obtained PR status under FSW category, can't get as much as an interview to be considered for a white collar job.

Status
Not open for further replies.