Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thank you so much for the reply. Appreciate it a lot. But I honestly doubt if her FSW application will be processed faster, specially now the FSW intake for this year is cut down in half according to the Sean Fraser's presentation.
@dan2thi agreed. but sponsorship applications were always known to take quite long too. you can choose what is best for your situation. all the best!

Reactions: dan2thi

Ani17

Jul 8, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

I need your help with below query. Please help.

I am currently in Canada on visitor visa..
I got RFV email on February 7th and I raised a weborm informing IRCC that I am in Canada on February 10th. How long does it take to get portal link?
I was also thinking of traveling to my homecountry (Kenya) in this weekend and submit my passport there on 21st February (Monday). Once I send my passport for stamping in my home country and if I receive the portal link at that time, will the Canadian embassy in my country return the passport without stamping?
Once I reach Kenya I will inform they via webform that I have returned to my homecountry.
What would be the best thing to do in this scenario?
1. Wait in Canada for portal link
Or
2. Travel to my home country and submit my passport for stamping.

Thanks in advance.

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
@legalfalcon have been asked to provide a police certificate from Lebanon. I was in Lebanon only as part of a United Nations peacekeeping mission. I do not have any documentation from the government of Lebanon. It is impossible for me to get a police certificate.

There is NO police force in South Lebanon.

What shall I do? Will my application be rejected on this basis or will IRCC understand?

AnurajAnnie

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon , I have got remedical request for my husband(dependent applicant) in my CEC Pr application on Jan 18th.okay, I got two letters from ircc when they requested medical.First one with medical examination instructions & medical report client biodata and summary.There they have mentioned to do the test in 30 days.In the second document they mentioned a date(2 months from original request) and added if I fail to upload remedical with this time, application will be assessed with the info they have on file.They also added that I need to Inform ircc if there are any change in my details.So does that mean the visa officer will open my application only after the specified date to make a decision?My husband completed the medical on feb1st and it got passed on feb2nd in our account.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
@legalfalcon I got a webform response today about status of my application:

• Your application was received, on November 23, 2020.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia .
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements. We may contact you if additional information is required.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
My eligibility was passed by an agent in January 2021 according to GCMS notes and now eligibility is in progress, how is that possible?

Also background verifications is referring to criminality or security check?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon @legalfalconindia, I have received PCC request which needs to be submitted by 20 March but the earliest appointment available is for 20 April. Please suggest what should I do?
First, get an appointment. Send a web form seeking an extension and provide proof of the appointment and a screenshot of the earliest appointment date.

Reactions: Rkb94

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I got a webform response today about status of my application:

• Your application was received, on November 23, 2020.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia .
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements. We may contact you if additional information is required.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
My eligibility was passed by an agent in January 2021 according to GCMS notes and now eligibility is in progress, how is that possible?

Also background verifications is referring to criminality or security check?
Web from responses are not always accurate. Instead, rely on your GCMS notes.

Also, the eligibility takes place in two stages, only then is it conclusively passed. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-7236422

Reactions: seadrag0n

anuraagmishra

Jun 6, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon @legalfalconindia, I am the sponsor for my wife's PR and we just received the email that the PR is approved. However, we got the email while on a vacation with the family in the US. We will not be back for the next 31 days. My wife is on a valid TRV as a student and has been before we got married. What would you advice we do with the email. Do you think we will have issues re-entering or the PR will lapse if we do not respond till we get back? I do not want to share we are outside since by the time they will move things it will be time for us to get back to Canada. We must be back in 31 days anyways. What can we do?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , I have got remedical request for my husband(dependent applicant) in my CEC Pr application on Jan 18th.okay, I got two letters from ircc when they requested medical.First one with medical examination instructions & medical report client biodata and summary.There they have mentioned to do the test in 30 days.In the second document they mentioned a date(2 months from original request) and added if I fail to upload remedical with this time, application will be assessed with the info they have on file.They also added that I need to Inform ircc if there are any change in my details.So does that mean the visa officer will open my application only after the specified date to make a decision?My husband completed the medical on feb1st and it got passed on feb2nd in our account.

If you have submitted the requested document, the officer who is in charge of the file will be notified and it is upon the officer to review and proceed further with the file, can be before or after the date.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon have been asked to provide a police certificate from Lebanon. I was in Lebanon only as part of a United Nations peacekeeping mission. I do not have any documentation from the government of Lebanon. It is impossible for me to get a police certificate.

There is NO police force in South Lebanon.

What shall I do? Will my application be rejected on this basis or will IRCC understand?
Send a web form and request for exemption. You will have to provide supporting documentation and show why you cannot obtain the PCC.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I need your help with below query. Please help.

I am currently in Canada on visitor visa..
I got RFV email on February 7th and I raised a weborm informing IRCC that I am in Canada on February 10th. How long does it take to get portal link?
I was also thinking of traveling to my homecountry (Kenya) in this weekend and submit my passport there on 21st February (Monday). Once I send my passport for stamping in my home country and if I receive the portal link at that time, will the Canadian embassy in my country return the passport without stamping?
Once I reach Kenya I will inform they via webform that I have returned to my homecountry.
What would be the best thing to do in this scenario?
1. Wait in Canada for portal link
Or
2. Travel to my home country and submit my passport for stamping.

Thanks in advance.

There is no set time frame to get the portal mail. It can be as short as 1-3 days and as long as 1-2 months.

Whether you will get the portal link or a request to submit the passport will depend on your address on file with IRCC. You cannot get both.

Rkb94

Jul 22, 2021
First, get an appointment. Send a web form seeking an extension and provide proof of the appointment and a screenshot of the earliest appointment date.
Can you please also help with this: while applying for PCC do we need to select option "Immigration purposes other than citizenship" or "Residence Permit"?
Last time I selected "Residence Permit" option, if I select "Immigration purposes other than citizenship" would it be okay?