+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Olutaiwo

Feb 13, 2022
Thank you Legal Falcon for all you have been doing for us, God bless you.

I got PPR and have sent my passport for stamping. However, my application was done using my maiden name because I didn’t have time to change my passport before applying.
I would like my husbands name to be on my PR card when we land at the point of entry, what can I do?
If I change the last name on my passport before landing, will I be allowed to land if the last name on my new passport is different?
Or is there a way I can make this change later?
I really would like my documents to bear my husband’s name from the start.
PS: I am landing mid March by God’s grace.

Thank you in advance.

Fiji_Islander

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
I am AOR April 2020 and just recieved an ADR for updated PCC as well as POF and have 30 days to submit these Doc. The PCC shouldnt be a problem to obtain however I have a little concern about the updated POF (3 months Statements, documentation for source of funds etc) The thing is I had the funds in my account untouched for most of 2020 through to 2021 until August 2021 when I did not receive any updates and there was no movement on my file. I decided to use about 3k CAD of the 13 500 CAD I provided as POF pre-AOR towards tuition for short diploma program in my country as I couldnt just sit idle and not develop myself while waiting for IRCC. Back then I had received 4000 CAD as a gift deed from my mother and provided all supporting documents. My question is, now that I need to top up the current balance 10500 CAD with the 3k CAD will it be a problem if I get another gift deed from my mother once again? Is that something I could get a refusal for since I used some of the money while waiting for PPR?

Id very much appreciate your insights @legalfalcon
Hello, Hoping to hear from you sir.

Olutaiwo

Feb 13, 2022
@legalfalcon

I got PPR and have sent my passport for stamping. However, my application was done using my maiden name because I didn’t have time to change my passport before applying.
I would like my husbands name to be on my PR card when we land at the point of entry, what can I do?
If I change the last name on my passport before landing, will I be allowed to land if the last name on my new passport is different?

Thank you in advance.

If I do change my passport I will be in possession of the two I.e the old and new one when I land.
Thank you

Taaz2022

Star Member
Jan 28, 2022
@legalfalcon

Thank you in advance.

If I do change my passport I will be in possession of the two I.e the old and new one when I land.
Thank you
Can you share your timeline

Olutaiwo

Feb 13, 2022
Can you share your timeline
AOR- January 2020
BIL- February, 2020
1st ADR- May, 2020
VO- OTTAWA
Long silence
Addition of Baby- December, 2021
Remedical: January 12, 2022
Remed passed- January 22, 2022
2nd ADRs(POF, PCC,Schedule A)- 27 January, 2022
Submitted ADRs next day- 28 January, 2022
PPR- February 7, 2022

Reactions: Ufuoma

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Dear @legalfalcon what the Application Assignment section of GCMS means?

It is say Application Assigned to RC-****

So this office will be responsible for finalizing application?

I am asking because my primary and secondary office is different than office written under Application Assigned To section.

Please clarify. Thanks

dypo

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon, from my last gcms note, my eligibility was redacted and other reqs is blank. Eligibility before now was recommend interview while other reqs was in progress.

After verification was completed, eligibility status was redacted and other req is presently blank from latest note. Though, all other parameters are passed.

Pls what does blank or redacted eligibility imply?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, from my last gcms note, my eligibility was redacted and other reqs is blank. Eligibility before now was recommend interview while other reqs was in progress.

After verification was completed, eligibility status was redacted and other req is presently blank from latest note. Though, all other parameters are passed.

Pls what does blank or redacted eligibility imply?

If you have been recommended for an interview, the notes will be redacted as IRCC will not disclose the reason for the interview until the interview has taken place.

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
@legalfalcon I have a few questions about PoF if you don't mind:

- According to IRCC PoF page: "The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa". Am I correct to understand that this means the funds should be available at the time I submit my PR application? Or is it that the money needed to be in my account at the time I made my EE profile?

- From what I understand, I only need to provide a bank letter that states my account balance and average balance for the past 6 months. As long as the letter contains this (and the rest of the required) information, I don't necessarily need to submit statements from the past 6 months. Is that correct?

Reason for concern: I spent the last year outside of my home country as a student, and did not use my main bank account during this time. My main account currently has way less than the minimum PoF amount, but I intend to get the money from my dad as a gift and attach a gift deed. The lack of activity in my bank account during the past year concerns me, though. It would look really bad if I show a huge incoming transfer from my dad in the statements and no other transactions, but I suppose that can be avoided by using just the letter.

Appreciate your help and apologies for the long post.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have a few questions about PoF if you don't mind:

- According to IRCC PoF page: "The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa". Am I correct to understand that this means the funds should be available at the time I submit my PR application? Or is it that the money needed to be in my account at the time I made my EE profile?

- From what I understand, I only need to provide a bank letter that states my account balance and average balance for the past 6 months. As long as the letter contains this (and the rest of the required) information, I don't necessarily need to submit statements from the past 6 months. Is that correct?

Reason for concern: I spent the last year outside of my home country as a student, and did not use my main bank account during this time. My main account currently has way less than the minimum PoF amount, but I intend to get the money from my dad as a gift and attach a gift deed. The lack of activity in my bank account during the past year concerns me, though. It would look really bad if I show a huge incoming transfer from my dad in the statements and no other transactions, but I suppose that can be avoided by using just the letter.

Appreciate your help and apologies for the long post.

There is no requirement to have transactions on the account you should as PoF. The IRCC requirements do not mandate any recent transactions as long as you meet the prerequisites.

See https://bit.ly/3rPwTDJ

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon what the Application Assignment section of GCMS means?

It is say Application Assigned to RC-****

So this office will be responsible for finalizing application?

I am asking because my primary and secondary office is different than office written under Application Assigned To section.

Please clarify. Thanks
These visa offices are referred to by their codes, called “responsibility centre” (RC) codes. Some of the common RC codes are:

• RC-9515: Case Processing Centre, Ottawa
  • RC-8090: Case Processing Centre, Sydney
  • RC-6100: Visa Office, Accra
  • RC-6029: Visa Office, New Delhi
  • RC-9245: Operations Support Centre (OSC)
  • RC-6262: Centralized Intake Office (CIO)
  • RC-9518: Case Processing Centre, Edmonton
  • RC-3296: Visa Office, Etobicoke

See https://bit.ly/3HRXkyh

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Thank you in advance.

The PR card will be issued based on what IRCC has on file. If you changed your name after you become a PR you can ask IRCC to issue you a new PR card with a new name.

See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=721&top=4