Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon hope you are doing well.
Just wanted your take on why IRCC is not processing FSW O applications with the pace they are processing Currently PNP and previously CEC???

Irrespective of what program you apply, PNP, CEC, FSW or FST all applications have the same processing stages. However, some applications are processed faster since some stages are not required, eg. most CEC applicants already have their biometrics in.

Between, 2016-2018, PNP was the fastest to be processed. Also, from time to time IRCC will prioritize programs.

Most FSW applications were put on hold during COVID.

There is no reason as such that is disclosed by IRCC.

Reactions: Shubham6120

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Any particular reason why Ottawa visa office being too slow on issuing PPRs lately. Being the main visa office with large staff capacity, technically this should be the one with faster processing capabilities. If you check myimmitracker, Ottawa used to issue number of PPRs for outlanders almost every single day.

On the other hand, you have mentioned several times that visa offices don't really matter when it comes to processing. I think processing capacity heavily depends on the visa office these days. We can see batch processing from different visa offices on all social media platforms.

Accra, New delhi, Paris, London have already started issuing PPRs for late 2020 AORs while Ottawa is sleeping. Shouldn't this be the opposite?
COVID has resulted in staff shortages with many staff members calling in sick. Also, the recent freedom convoy has resulted in some disruption.

When it comes to IRCC, nothing is impossible and logic is the last thing that matters.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/citizenship-oath-ceremonies-delayed-1.6336727

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,
i am an EE FSW outland applicant with Dec 2020 AOR.
I seek your advice on my profile as according to the recent GCMS received in October 2021 my eligibility was under review required on two flagged employment documents for signature name by a processing agent. the last my file was touched in feb 2021 after that nothing happened. what are the propects? is it a matter of serious concern? as many people in other groups said RR files are usually parked and abandoned by officers. What steps i can take to expedite the process other than sending updated documents which has already been done, acknowledged and updated on my profile confirmed calling IRCC. your insights would be highly appreciated.
It is not true that RR files are parked. Also, there is nothing that you can do to expedite the process. If you see a note that clearly states an issue, you can remedy it by sending a revised document and addressing the concern. However, be careful what you send. It should not be counter to what you said earlier.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied to (FSW / CEC / FTW). To streamline this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision-making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize them in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or is “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst/assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst/assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst/assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is a “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are known as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day-to-day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have an LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

These are just some of the scenarios.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Exactly! The one he will be submitting will be a new one but it is 8 month old. The last one he submitted was from here in Canada which was 1 year ago. Can he use the 8 month old one he received in India?

As long as it meets the following:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.

BrazenVader

Nov 5, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,
I am a CEC applicant.

Eligibility : Passed (Agents on IRCC call line said "Conclusively Passed").
Criminality : In Progress (since December 10th)
Medical : Passed
Security : Not Started
Info Sharing : Complete
ADR : RCMP Criminal Check for my wife. Submitted in Jan 4th or so. confirmed received many times on ircc contact line. Status on My Cic : Not Applicable. RCMP was clean for both I and my wife. Indian PCC clean. My criminality passed on 11th Nov 2021. My wife has no police records. Indian PCC clean for both of us.

GCMS / CBSA Notes : From 8th December 2021. Redacted sections under S.19(1)(a) : Foreign state, 26 and S.22(1)(b) : Investigation plans etc.
New CBSA notes ordered today.

On Jan 10th, My application moved from Ottawa to Edmonton. Found via phone call while checking progress.

My application is stuck in Criminality check.

1. Is it possible to consult you? I wanted to show you my GCMS/CBSA notes from december.

2. I have heard from another lawyer mr. Mark Holten that a movement of APR to CPC-Edmonton is a sign of danger (like investigation for misrepresentation or a secondary review). How correct is it? He recommended that I should order GCMS notes and consult a lawyer. Is this worrisome? I see a lot of people have their application moved to Edmonton lately in CEC..

3. My past GCMS notes had my wife's information withheld due to S.26 (Privacy and no consent form). Today I filed a fresh bunch of GCMS notes (both IRCC and CBSA) with signed consent forms of separate CBSA and IRCC. Issue is I have another ATIP due in mid Feb without forms. Will this delay my new ATIP? Can I cancel my ATIP without consent form?

4. How to order CSIS notes? Since my eligibility passed in December, I think my security check with CSIS must have started.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,
I am a CEC applicant.

Eligibility : Passed (Agents on IRCC call line said "Conclusively Passed").
Criminality : In Progress (since December 10th)
Medical : Passed
Security : Not Started
Info Sharing : Complete
ADR : RCMP Criminal Check for my wife. Submitted in Jan 4th or so. confirmed received many times on ircc contact line. Status on My Cic : Not Applicable. RCMP was clean for both I and my wife. Indian PCC clean. My criminality passed on 11th Nov 2021. My wife has no police records. Indian PCC clean for both of us.

GCMS / CBSA Notes : From 8th December 2021. Redacted sections under S.19(1)(a) : Foreign state, 26 and S.22(1)(b) : Investigation plans etc.
New CBSA notes ordered today.

On Jan 10th, My application moved from Ottawa to Edmonton. Found via phone call while checking progress.

My application is stuck in Criminality check.

1. Is it possible to consult you? I wanted to show you my GCMS/CBSA notes from december.

2. I have heard from another lawyer mr. Mark Holten that a movement of APR to CPC-Edmonton is a sign of danger (like investigation for misrepresentation or a secondary review). How correct is it? He recommended that I should order GCMS notes and consult a lawyer. Is this worrisome? I see a lot of people have their application moved to Edmonton lately in CEC..

3. My past GCMS notes had my wife's information withheld due to S.26 (Privacy and no consent form). Today I filed a fresh bunch of GCMS notes (both IRCC and CBSA) with signed consent forms of separate CBSA and IRCC. Issue is I have another ATIP due in mid Feb without forms. Will this delay my new ATIP? Can I cancel my ATIP without consent form?

4. How to order CSIS notes? Since my eligibility passed in December, I think my security check with CSIS must have started.

1. You can send me a PM.

2. Not necessary. Also, IRCC does not disclose any issues with misrepresentation unless a determination is made and then a PFL is sent. As regards secondary review, that is very common and many applications are subject to it.

3. Each request for GCMS notes is processed separately. You can withdraw a request, but not advised. Instead, just let it process and wait for the results.

4. The same way you requested CBSA and IRCC. If you did it yourself, just select cSIS as the institution. IF you are outside Canada, you can request your CSIS notes from https://www.getgcms.com/

BrazenVader

Nov 5, 2021
1. You can send me a PM.

2. Not necessary. Also, IRCC does not disclose any issues with misrepresentation unless a determination is made and then a PFL is sent. As regards secondary review, that is very common and many applications are subject to it.

3. Each request for GCMS notes is processed separately. You can withdraw a request, but not advised. Instead, just let it process and wait for the results.

4. The same way you requested CBSA and IRCC. If you did it yourself, just select cSIS as the institution. IF you are outside Canada, you can request your CSIS notes from https://www.getgcms.com/
Thanks a lot. I will take it from here.

Mashud

Feb 5, 2022
After Receiving PPR, the dependent dont want to submit passport with the 1st applicant (Due to relationship crisis dependent will finalize separation in a month or two- so no papers to submit now). Will it be okay if the 1st applicant submit the passports Singly? Will the visa should be stamped or Rejected ?

Please provide ur kind guidance @legalfalcon

Shivu31

Jan 20, 2022
It is not true that RR files are parked. Also, there is nothing that you can do to expedite the process. If you see a note that clearly states an issue, you can remedy it by sending a revised document and addressing the concern. However, be careful what you send. It should not be counter to what you said earlier.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied to (FSW / CEC / FTW). To streamline this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision-making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize them in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or is “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst/assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst/assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst/assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is a “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are known as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day-to-day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have an LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

These are just some of the scenarios.
Ohh Thank you so much @legalfalcon , i have already sent replacement documents via CSE and have been acknowledged and updated in my application (received confirmation email ad also confirmed by Calling IRCC). Also, my GCMS notes stats ready to finalize so i presume my there is no concern with eligibility. Thank you once again your response is so healing to my worries.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Hey @legalfalcon I’m one of those lucky ones to have received ppr now preparing for my journey to Canada. I wanted to offer my gratitude and show appreciation for the work that you do and for the times you’ve helped me with my queries and alleviated my worries. I will be forever grateful to you.

Taaz2022

Star Member
Jan 28, 2022
@legalfalcon need your kind guidance here:
We started our SINP nomination program in 2019 ITA Oct 2019 and AOR feb 2021..medical pass Oct 2021 … since then waiting for some good news .. later we realized that in schedule A we didn’t mention that our visit visa was rejected . We amended our schedule A and resubmitted. Soon after that our file was transferred to local VO in Winnipeg. Reading threads got to know that once file move to local VO it takes ages like 7-8 months just to assign a visa officer … is that true … our processing is now at stake ? Will it take like years as local VO will restart the process ?? We have some family decisions to be taken which are getting delayed due to the uncertainty in the processing time . Can you please advise here …

karthik_in_Canada

Nov 25, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,

Any thoughts on the below policy:

In-Canada permanent residence applicants

You’re exempt from completing an additional immigration medical exam (IME) if you have applied, or you are applying for permanent residence and
you are already residing in Canada and
you have completed your immigration medical exam in the last 5 years and
an IRCC medical officer found your medical exam as low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.
If you’ve already completed an IME and are applying for permanent residence, make sure you provide an IME number (or unique medical identifier number) from your previous medical exam in your application.

Learn more about the temporary public policy, which is in effect until March 31, 2022.

Does it mean my medical exam taken in 2018 is still valid?

Jenniferch

Jul 22, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,
First of all a big hearty thank you for your kind and continuing support and guidance throughout the PR journey. Your help enabled many of us to reach this stage.
I have few queries post RFV email.
After I have received Ready for Visa (RFV) email from IRCC, I also got email for IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal. As mentioned in the portal email, I have already replied that I am not in Canada.
My COR is India and I have never entered Canada.
I gather I need to submit my Passport and photographs to nearest VAC for COPR stamping , as per instructions in the RFV email. For that I have already raised VFS webform and received auto response acknowledgement from VFS.

My query is :
1) whether these portal emails are sent to me by default ( I received one reminder email too for the Portal)?
2) Do I need to do anything more about the portal , i.e. DO I need to access the portal and enter the details? (I have never entered Canada)
3) As per RFV email, I raised VFS webform for Passport pick-up. VFS allows only one webform per passport. I have two family members (including me), so I raised two webforms and received acknowledgements for both. Do I need to prepare two Package , or a single package containing two sets of requisite docs ?
Thanks
Hi please i have the same issue can you please tell me what did u do regarding the portal since i keep receiving reminders although i sent them that i am an outlander and never been to canada....plz if u can help....thank u

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Dear @legalfalcon, when inland applicants get medical extended in online account this means someone actually changed it from ircc and it is not automatically done right? Can we expect any movement when medical got extended in online account? Thanks