caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
While filling the consent form,I have included my spouse info as well(UCI) as he is a dependent applicant in my PR.So does that mean,with the gcms note I requested, I will get updates from our PR application and SOWP?
Unlikely. If you did not express that you wanted PR + SOWP files then you will not receive both; just what you specified i.e. the PR only. Assuming the GCMS request was made with IRCC. If it has not been too long since you made the request then simply email IRCC and request an amendment to your GCMS request.

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
@caipsnotes @legalfalcon
Hello senior members, I got my ppr couple of days back but my upfront remedicals which were done in October have not been updated on gckey.
I have sent my passport to New Delhi office for stamping. Will that cause any issue?

nightknight

May 12, 2021
@caipsnotes @legalfalcon

Hi,

I have just received my GCMS notes. In the email, they mentioned the following:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part
Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities

I couldn't find more info about s.21 (printed on the top right corner of some of my GCMS note pages). What does that mean to me? Should I be concerned? I'm already in Canada. Thanks.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
@caipsnotes @legalfalcon

Hi,

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities

I couldn't find more info about s.21 (printed on the top right corner of some of my GCMS note pages). What does that mean to me? Should I be concerned? I'm already in Canada. Thanks.
How many days did it take to receive the notes?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
In addition to PR,I do have my spouse open work permit application(spouse in India) applied on Feb 2021.Can I request gcms notes for sowp(though its processed in delhi?)
When you request your GCMS notes, it does not matter where the application was filed or is being processed at. The GCMS notes are processed and released by the ATIP division at Ottawa.

You can request GCMS notes for multiple applications. However, with the delays with IRCC, the bigger the request, the longer it will take for the notes to be released.

Reactions: AnurajAnnie

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@caipsnotes @legalfalcon

Hi,

Exemptions taken by IRCC, in your case under the Privacy Act, are normal and nothing to worry about.

More about the exemptions here https://bit.ly/2XPWQTS

Reactions: nightknight

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hi,

International affairs and defence

The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, or the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities, as defined in subsection 15(2) of the Access to Information Act, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information listed in paragraphs 15(1)(a) to (i) of the Access to Information Act.
This is a corresponding provision from s. 15 of the Access to Information Act.

Almost all GCMS notes will have redactions under these sections.

You can read more on it https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/access-information/access-information-manual.html#cha11_3

Reactions: nightknight

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon sir can you please answer
It will not have any issues. If your meds have not been updated, they will be. Also, an officer can issue a COPR and extend the validity of the meds. A PPR is usually sent only when all checks have been done and all documents, including meds are valid.

Reactions: Jraci

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Statistics on the number of Immigration fraud reports that have been made to the Canada Border Services Agency annually, broken down by the number of immigrants having falling victim to ghost consultants, fake businesses, and fake lawyers.

hector10

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
I desperately need some help. I am a CEC candidate with AOR on Aug 28th. I currently have TRV.

I am going to India for my wedding in Feb 2022 for 2 weeks. If I get the first email from IRCC asking for more information, can I delay the response until I return from India? or can I reply saying that I will be travelling to India and will provide the information after I return?

The reason I am looking to do this is because once the eCOPR is issued, my TRV will be cancelled. Also, PR card timelines are uncertain and that can cause problems to re-enter canada. I also tried if PRTD can be applied once I reach India but that takes 2-8 weeks so that is no longer an option.

@legalfalcon please help.