30-06-2021
Passport Req..
06-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2021
LANDED..........
28-11-2021
@legalfalcon
This is what our step 4 looks like on the PPR, should we go ahead with submission of the passport to the VFS in the dependent country even though the mailing address is in Canada/USA. I raised a webform stating the current county of the dependent since Oct 6, but no reply yet.

Please advise.

STEP 4: SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please advise IRCC via the IRCC Web form for instructions to submit your documents to the visa office that serves the country where you are.
Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

 If you have a mailing address in Canada, please submit by mail in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA
Passports Submission
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 6T2

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

 If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A., please submit by courier in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Regards,
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

CannyTheCunny

Sep 15, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

My medicals expired 5days ago and I have done another re-medical upfront today, without a remedical request from IRCC. Shall I update them via webform or they will automatically link it to my file? Thanks.

Thisath

May 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
15-04-2021
Hi @legalfalcon or any, ****** Urgent******
#1. any specific requirement for photograph for Medical (background color/back side sign/photgrapher stamp / date etc. )
#2. When eye testing (im not using spectacles), if fail to read some charaters what happen, then are they ask for glasses and re-medical ?
Thnkx

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon or any, ****** Urgent******
#1. any specific requirement for photograph for Medical (background color/back side sign/photgrapher stamp / date etc. )
#2. When eye testing (im not using spectacles), if fail to read some charaters what happen, then are they ask for glasses and re-medical ?
Thnkx
There is no requirement for photo for meds, the physician will take one when you go for the medicals and upload it.

For eyesight, consult your panel physician. Having poor eyesight is not a concern.

See https://bit.ly/3iSSVAH

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

My medicals expired 5days ago and I have done another re-medical upfront today, without a remedical request from IRCC. Shall I update them via webform or they will automatically link it to my file? Thanks.
You will have to update it with IRCC by sending the upfront sheet via web form.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
This is what our step 4 looks like on the PPR, should we go ahead with submission of the passport to the VFS in the dependent country even though the mailing address is in Canada/USA. I raised a webform stating the current county of the dependent since Oct 6, but no reply yet.

Please advise.

STEP 4: SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please advise IRCC via the IRCC Web form for instructions to submit your documents to the visa office that serves the country where you are.
Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

 If you have a mailing address in Canada, please submit by mail in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA
Passports Submission
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 6T2

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

 If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A., please submit by courier in a single package all required documents {including Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s)}, to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Regards,
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
These instructions are to submit the passport in the US/Canada. You will need separate instructions to submit your passport in the country of residence.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone,

today my visa refused because i didn’t Mentioned my refusal student visa 10 years ago for the USA and Canada send me below text:

I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: Declaration on past visa refusal(s).

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

and today I have re applied and mentioned this in my form: My previous Canada visitor visa has been refused on: (October 07,2021). The Reason was because i did not include Declaration on past visa visa refusal for the United State of America (Nov 2012).

Did I do it correctly? that was all that I should do? What do you think will I get my visa now? Any chance for me since first one refused and second one I submit everything as first just in the form added the text above

and after submit I email them again this:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to add this text on my application form please because there was not enough space for me to explain my past visa refusal situation:

My first Canada tourist visa application has been refused on (2021-10-08), because I did not declaration on my past visa refusal. (The reason that I did not declaration my USA refusal on my first Canada application from was because I really forgot to add the USA refusal that I had on November 2012 in my form).
And I would like to add in my new application that I have been refused two times for the country United Stated of America. The first refusal was on November 2012 and if I’m not mistaken the second one was on December 2012. The reason that I applied for the United State of America was for my further study, but my visa has been refused and I could not go to the United State of America.

Thank You!
All visa refusals should be disclosed. IF you are unaware of any, you can explain it in LoE.

All your visa refusals should be declared in your application, not doing so can lead to misrepresentation. As per law, you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>

CanBro

Nov 30, 2020
@legalfalcon For Parents trv application, under purpose of travel, is it required to provide original itinerary showing return ticket to home country.? What other documents can we add here ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
On further notes for experience, it says,

Manufacturing Technician (NOC: 2233)
- at xyz- Doc# 4262***** - (REVIEW REQUIRED) - Web-based search confirms employer information
Letter dated 2019-11-27 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period,
and provides a job description. - Letter confirms salary of CAD **hr - Letter confirms fulltime employment
- Documented Income Provided: T4 from 2019/2018 (Doc# 4262*****), ROE from 2019 (eDoc* 4262*****) CEC
Work: 1 year and 4 months. CRS Canadian Work: 1 year
and 4 months. 2020-08 to 2021-06 - Mechanical
Technician (NOC: 2232) - at xyz - Doc# 4262***** - (REVIEW REQUIRED) - Web-based search
confirms employer information - Letter dated 2021-04-22 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation
throughout the specified period, and provides a job description. - Letter confirms salary of CAD $**/hr
Letter confirms full/time employment; - Documented Income Provided: Pay stubs from 2021/2020 (eDoc#
4262*****), T4 from 2020 (Doc# 4262*****) CEC Work: 0 years and 11 months. CRS Canadian Work: 0 years
and 11 months. CEC Work: 1 vear - (REVIEW REQUIRED) CRS Canadian Work: 2 ear(s) - (REVIEW REQUIRED).

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied to (FSW / CEC / FTW). To streamline this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision-making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize them in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or is “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employee cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst/assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst/assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst/assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is a “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are known as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF is anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

These are just some of the scenarios.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon For Parents trv application, under purpose of travel, is it required to provide original itinerary showing return ticket to home country.? What other documents can we add here ?
There is no requirement to show return tickets as such.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
one more ask @legalfalcon sir since in the PPR letter there's a note below, shouldn't be any problem if I can submit the dependent passport on the date I become the PR as the timeline for 30 days will be counted on the PR confirmation date, not the date I received the PPR letter.
Please advise
Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi
within 30 days of the primary applicant’s confirmation of permanent residence status

@legalfalcon
it clearly states "within 30 days of the primary applicant’s confirmation of permanent residence status"

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thank you for the response.
So can I just create one word document describing the travel dates and what airlines will I book? Will that be sufficient ?
YEs. You also provide the duration of stay in your application form too.

LizelleW

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
South Africa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2019
IELTS Request
29-06-2019
Hi @legalfalcon,

Wanted to check if you will be starting an October 2021 OAR forum? I am outland PNP BC and submitted and received AOR on 2 October. There are a few groups, but that however seem to be just CEC or Inland.

Last edited: