+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Since your application was approved you were issued a COPR and your application was closed.

To add your spouse to the application, your application will have to be re-opened and only then can your spouse be added to your application.

Are you an inland applicant or outland?
Hi @legalfa,

yes I am inland. How to make the file reopen and how long it will take to process spouse application.

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfa,

yes I am inland. How to make the file reopen and how long it will take to process spouse application.

Thank you
As soon as you inform IRCC of the change of family composition, IRCC should have acted on it. If they did not, then most likely no one worked on the file.

You will have to follow up with IRCC. Also, if you have received a COPR, you can now file a family spousal sponsorship application. Having said that, you have to make sure that you did inform IRCC of the change before a decision was made and as soon as your family composition changed.

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
As soon as you inform IRCC of the change of family composition, IRCC should have acted on it. If they did not, then most likely no one worked on the file.

You will have to follow up with IRCC. Also, if you have received a COPR, you can now file a family spousal sponsorship application. Having said that, you have to make sure that you did inform IRCC of the change before a decision was made and as soon as your family composition changed.
Hi Legalfalcon,

Thanks for your response. Family sponsorship takes forever that's the reason I went and got married in pandemic so that I can add her on my on going PR application. I have received add on request directly from VO halifax. I have reverted to the same email as they requested and sent 3 emails as we cannot send the complete file in a single email due to size issue and all the 3 emails got acknowledged on same day on May 04 2021. I have called IRCC and sent number of webforms to check on spouse documents all 3 months and mentioned that her name is not yet reflecting on gckey and got reply that they working on it they will let me know if any documents required. I don't understand how can they neglect. After my PAL also I called them to check on my spouse add on and they confirmed yes documents received.
After copr also I called them the agent on other side said oh I didn't see any dependents on your application have you sent your spouse docs? Then I said yes long back then he kept the phone on hold to check and came back saying we are really mistake is from our side we have received your spouse documents. He said he is going to write a note to VO by mentioning the situation.
I don't want to go through spousal application it will take alot of time to process and we are a part from long time now.
Do you have any idea how it's going to be further will they add my spouse as a dependent?

Thanks in advance.

PauR20

Jun 17, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I’m currently an FSW EE applicant with Aor august 2019. I have decided to pursue dual intent application by applying for student visa for winter 2022 semester. I just wanted to ask the following if I do get approved with a student visa.

1) Will my wife who is an American citizen but not living in the US be able to enter Canada with me and my son (who I also applied for a tourist visa together with my applicaiton)?

2) Is she considered an immediate family member of a person entering with a student visa (me) ? Does it mean she can enter even if she is not fully vaccinated with approved vaccine. She only has sinovac which is not recognized in canada.

3) Is there any document my wife needs to submit to allow entry together with me? Or does she just show her US passport together with my student visa to the immigration officer at the airport?

Thank you very much for your time and advise.
Keep safe!

snowy8989

Feb 19, 2020
hi @legalfalcon hope you are doing well. I was wondering if you could help me with my situation: I applied EE PNP last year and my AOR is April 2020 but received no update so far and still stuck at Security and Criminal background. my case was assigned to CB01126 Sydney. What can I do to get at least my application going? or would it be better to just withdraw my application and start a new one under CEC or something else?

hopefulmate

Aug 23, 2021
Category........
FSW
Hello,

Thanks in advance .I need some advice regrading my situation .
I have applied to Express Entry FSW-Outland(without job offer) and simultaneously while waiting I was applying for Job in Canada.
Now I have received legitimate job(Mechanical Engineering in a Tech Company) offer from BC company. I told them i am in my last stage of getting a decision on PR. They are ready to wait for sometime.

Will uploading the job letter to EE profile help me expedite the process?
Can I request IRCC to expedite the process so that I can join early ?
joining date is flexible but i can request earlier date for expedite processing .
@legalfalcon any help is very much appreciated.

My details as per two weeks ago webmail are
AOR :15 feb 2021
*currently in US
*eligibility requirements - not initiated
*The background verifications - valid.
*The security background verification- not initiated.
*The criminal background verification - valid.
*Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Thanks in advance .

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,

Thanks in advance .I need some advice regrading my situation .
I have applied to Express Entry FSW-Outland(without job offer) and simultaneously while waiting I was applying for Job in Canada.
Now I have received legitimate job(Mechanical Engineering in a Tech Company) offer from BC company. I told them i am in my last stage of getting a decision on PR. They are ready to wait for sometime.

Will uploading the job letter to EE profile help me expedite the process?
Can I request IRCC to expedite the process so that I can join early ?
joining date is flexible but i can request earlier date for expedite processing .
@legalfalcon any help is very much appreciated.

My details as per two weeks ago webmail are
AOR :15 feb 2021
*currently in US
*eligibility requirements - not initiated
*The background verifications - valid.
*The security background verification- not initiated.
*The criminal background verification - valid.
*Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Thanks in advance .

Congratulations on the job.

Sending the job offer will not expedite the process since it does not get you any points. Also, with the job offer, you can apply for a work permit and travel to Canada, a PR is not required per se and there is no need for expediting. This is the rationale of IRCC.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon hope you are doing well. I was wondering if you could help me with my situation: I applied EE PNP last year and my AOR is April 2020 but received no update so far and still stuck at Security and Criminal background. my case was assigned to CB01126 Sydney. What can I do to get at least my application going? or would it be better to just withdraw my application and start a new one under CEC or something else?

To read on CB01126 see https://bit.ly/3kg89j3

Have you requested your GCMS notes and has your eligibility passed?

Filing a new application is always a choice, but it may or may not get you a decision faster.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I’m currently an FSW EE applicant with Aor august 2019. I have decided to pursue dual intent application by applying for student visa for winter 2022 semester. I just wanted to ask the following if I do get approved with a student visa.

1) Will my wife who is an American citizen but not living in the US be able to enter Canada with me and my son (who I also applied for a tourist visa together with my applicaiton)?

2) Is she considered an immediate family member of a person entering with a student visa (me) ? Does it mean she can enter even if she is not fully vaccinated with approved vaccine. She only has sinovac which is not recognized in canada.

3) Is there any document my wife needs to submit to allow entry together with me? Or does she just show her US passport together with my student visa to the immigration officer at the airport?

Thank you very much for your time and advise.
Keep safe!

1. Yes. However to say for longer than 6 months your spouse will have to apply for visitor's record and your spouse will also be eligible for a SOWP.

2. You will have to follow the Public Health guidelines. US nationals do not need a visa to enter Canada.

3. For a short entry just the passport is enough.

Reactions: PauR20

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi Legalfalcon,

Thanks for your response. Family sponsorship takes forever that's the reason I went and got married in pandemic so that I can add her on my on going PR application. I have received add on request directly from VO halifax. I have reverted to the same email as they requested and sent 3 emails as we cannot send the complete file in a single email due to size issue and all the 3 emails got acknowledged on same day on May 04 2021. I have called IRCC and sent number of webforms to check on spouse documents all 3 months and mentioned that her name is not yet reflecting on gckey and got reply that they working on it they will let me know if any documents required. I don't understand how can they neglect. After my PAL also I called them to check on my spouse add on and they confirmed yes documents received.
After copr also I called them the agent on other side said oh I didn't see any dependents on your application have you sent your spouse docs? Then I said yes long back then he kept the phone on hold to check and came back saying we are really mistake is from our side we have received your spouse documents. He said he is going to write a note to VO by mentioning the situation.
I don't want to go through spousal application it will take alot of time to process and we are a part from long time now.
Do you have any idea how it's going to be further will they add my spouse as a dependent?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Legalfalconz

Is there any way that I can request ircc to expedite my application as it's their mistake they haven't worked on my spouse application.

Thanks in advance

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon , I just have a quick question.
1. My divorce case has been finalized and I will be receiving the divorce certificate in coming days. Is raising a web form with the document submission will suffice?
2. Also, in family members section in the pr application, I remember I have added my family members details including my ex spouse then (because at that time I was still married), now given that I divorced and he is no longer my family member, should I notify them about it as well?
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalconz

Is there any way that I can request ircc to expedite my application as it's their mistake they haven't worked on my spouse application.

Thanks in advance
Unfortunately not. However, you can follow up frequently and request your GCMS notes to keep a tab of what is going on.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , I just have a quick question.
1. My divorce case has been finalized and I will be receiving the divorce certificate in coming days. Is raising a web form with the document submission will suffice?
2. Also, in family members section in the pr application, I remember I have added my family members details including my ex spouse then (because at that time I was still married), now given that I divorced and he is no longer my family member, should I notify them about it as well?
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks in advance.

1. YEs. Also, include LoE

2. If IRCC needs new forms, you will be asked.