+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
@legalfalcon I received a CBSA 90 day extension notice on March 15. It's been exactly 90 days since then and still no communications from CBSA, are they legally required to push out the notes or can they further delay it. No notices or anything yet

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I received a CBSA 90 day extension notice on March 15. It's been exactly 90 days since then and still no communications from CBSA, are they legally required to push out the notes or can they further delay it. No notices or anything yet
The extension once sent cannot be extended. Any extensions or further extensions, all have to be sought within the first 30 days. To calculate the time frame, start the calculation from the next business day your request was submitted.

Also, if the extension was for 90 days, in addition to the 30 days, then it is a total of 120 days from the day the request was filed. If the extension was for 60 days beyond the 30 days, then the total days are 90 from the day the request is filed.

Also, all time and date calculations are based on Canadian ET and not your local time if you are not in Canada.

Grehoundy

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Good day @legain my GCMS report in every member of the family the section of counter foil required indicated yes but that of my son given birth to in USA indicated no

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Good day @legain my GCMS report in every member of the family the section of counter foil required indicated yes but that of my son given birth to in USA indicated no
Because US citizens are exempt from requiring a visa to enter Canada. A US citizen only needs a passport to enter Canada and there is no requirement for. visa.

The counterfoil here refers to a visa, and since your son is a US citizen he does not need one, and thus you see "no,"

jeffrey Yip

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
@legalfalcon Dear legalfaclon, I have a question about covid-19 vaccination record. I have been fully vaccinated with 2 doses of Biontech and I have been given an official vaccination report. Is it a good idea to upload this report through webform to inform IRCC, so that it might help with my current applicant process, or in case they ask for one in the future?

Thank you so much for your time and your valuable opinion.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Dear legalfaclon, I have a question about covid-19 vaccination record. I have been fully vaccinated with 2 doses of Biontech and I have been given an official vaccination report. Is it a good idea to upload this report through webform to inform IRCC, so that it might help with my current applicant process, or in case they ask for one in the future?

Thank you so much for your time and your valuable opinion.
Currently IRCC has not announced any such measures or requirement of submission of vaccination record. Although some applicants have reported that they were asked to submit vaccination record along with the remedial request.

You can surely go ahead and submit your vaccination record, no harm. Whether it will facilitate the issuing of COPR or not, is not sure.

chengchang911

Oct 26, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon

I have one question regarding to my Criminality status. My AOR was on Dec 5, 2020 and I requested a GCMS note on mid May and saw my Criminality had passed on Feb 11, 2021. On May 28, I saw a GU and called IRCC, heard that my Eligibility passed on May 28, 2021. However, he also told me that my Criminality was in progress. I asked him why it changed back to in progress as it had passed before, he said he'll leave a note for me since he didn't see that before. Called IRCC second time next week, still the same status... So I requested a GCMS note to see what happened.

Have you seen this case before? Any suggestions what I can do for now. Really frustrating when I saw that changed back to in progress and it's been already 6 months as well...

Thanks a lot for your reply, all the best!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Reference delays with some requests from CBSA

Examples of the culture of delay

Since 1983, thousands of complaints about delays have been investigated. As a result, persistent and recurring practices by institutions have been identified that delay responding to access requests.

Statutory deadlines

• Putting requests “on hold” to seek clarification from requesters and then restarting timelines upon receiving clarification. This occurs even when clarification is not necessary or does not change the request substantially.
  • Putting requests “on hold” during holidays.
  • Employees within institutions failing to meet the timelines established by the ATIP Office to provide relevant records.
  • Fee assessments which allow the institution to place a request on hold until payment.
Extensions

• Claiming an extension after the initial response time has expired.
  • Claiming an extension to retrieve records from regional or international offices.
  • Taking standard length extensions without considering the volume and complexity of the information at issue.
  • Using extensions to compensate for
    • lack of resources
    • high workloads
    • extended staff absences or unavailability of key officials
    • poor information management practices within the institution
    • protracted approval processes
  • Not initiating a consultation at the earliest opportunity in the processing of a request.
  • Not responding to a consultation request in a timely manner.
  • Not following up on a consultation request in a timely manner
  • Taking extensions of longer than 60 days for consultations with third parties or taking two extensions (one under section 9(1)(b) to consult informally and another under section 9(1)(c)).

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I need some clarification regarding the Schedule A form request I have received from IRCC.
Do I need to include travel history in the personal history section of the Schedule A form? I received a separate form for travel history info but I was wondering if it needs to go in schedule A form as well

Grehoundy

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
@legalfalcon good day ...please I have a friend who has done her biometrics since February 2021 but it still shows required but that of her husband shows it has been done. What can she do to rectify it

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I have one question regarding to my Criminality status. My AOR was on Dec 5, 2020 and I requested a GCMS note on mid May and saw my Criminality had passed on Feb 11, 2021. On May 28, I saw a GU and called IRCC, heard that my Eligibility passed on May 28, 2021. However, he also told me that my Criminality was in progress. I asked him why it changed back to in progress as it had passed before, he said he'll leave a note for me since he didn't see that before. Called IRCC second time next week, still the same status... So I requested a GCMS note to see what happened.

Have you seen this case before? Any suggestions what I can do for now. Really frustrating when I saw that changed back to in progress and it's been already 6 months as well...

Thanks a lot for your reply, all the best!
The criminality is based on two factors, PCC and the biometrics you give. The PCCs are evaluated early in the processing around the same time as R10.

However, the biometrics take longer as they have to be run though RCMP, and RCMP then submits it report and based on which the criminality is passed. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

This is why you will see the criminality will change twice.

Reactions: chengchang911

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon good day ...please I have a friend who has done her biometrics since February 2021 but it still shows required but that of her husband shows it has been done. What can she do to rectify it
Send a webform to IRCC. Either it ha snot been updated or the results have not been transmitted.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I need some clarification regarding the Schedule A form request I have received from IRCC.
Do I need to include travel history in the personal history section of the Schedule A form? I received a separate form for travel history info but I was wondering if it needs to go in schedule A form as well
Your travel history has to be under the travel history section only.

chengchang911

Oct 26, 2020
The criminality is based on two factors, PCC and the biometrics you give. The PCCs are evaluated early in the processing around the same time as R10.

However, the biometrics take longer as they have to be run though RCMP, and RCMP then submits it report and based on which the criminality is passed. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

This is why you will see the criminality will change twice.
Thank you so much! I already submitted my RCMP record along with other documents in December. Will they just go over the file I submitted or they need to re-check thru the system? It's been 2 weeks and no change since then.

Oh by the way, my Security was "Not Started" for a long time. But when the Criminality changed back to "In progress", it changed to " In progress" as well. Is it normal? Much appreciated for your reply!

User2323

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes Good evening, I am a little concerned as I just received my RCMP clearance and it's the first time I see what it looks like. I have to upload that to IRCC but would like to know what the IRCC are looking at on the report. My rcmp clearance has 4 pages: page 1saying there's a positive identification to fingerprints i submitted, my address, name, fingerprints and picture. Page 2 shows a charge in 2019 that resulted in a conditional discharge, Page 3 shows the charges I was dealing with and shows "withdrawn " below them and page 4 shows "outstanding charge" eventhough that charge was withdrawn on March 23rd 2021 and Toronto police headquarters reassured me 3 weeks ago that every charge was withdrawn and it showed no criminal record on my name. So i can only assume that the oustanding charge on page 4 means the charge withdrawn has yet to be updated in CPIC. I am just worried with what's on the report eventhough the allegations were false and charges are now withdrawn. I did send a webform 30mins ago with the rcmp clearance as well as court documents showing that outstanding charge shown on pg 4 of my rcmp clearance is actually withdrawn. So again, my question is what does IRCC officer do or look at when they get our rcmp criminal record checks? Please advise. Thanks in advance