Thisath

May 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
15-04-2021
I cannot predict when you will receive a COPR. Instead check your application for what stages have passed.

All application go though the following:

1. R10
2. Criminality
3. Medicals
4. Eligibility
5. security

You can send a webform or call IRCC and ask the processing details of your application. Alternatively you can request your GCMS notes to know the details.

Currently all pre-COVID published timelines do not hold good anymore, and IRCC is prioritizing CEC and applications for applicants that are in Canada.
Thank you very much

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi legalfalcon, can you please help me with this query.

I have 10 days left for my PR application submission. I have all the documents ready except upfront medical. I am a PNP outland express entry candidate and I am not able to get medical appointments due to covid in my country.

What should I do, Decline my invitation, submit my application with an LOE or anything else that you can suggest.

Thank you.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020

I have 10 days left for my PR application submission. I have all the documents ready except upfront medical. I am a PNP outland express entry candidate and I am not able to get medical appointments due to covid in my country.

What should I do, Decline my invitation, submit my application with an LOE or anything else that you can suggest.

Thank you.
While you wait for his response, I think you should submit with an LOE.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Good day @legalfalcon is it compulsory for an applicant to stay in same city as his sponsor in Manitoba PNP ?
There is no such requirement. Manitoba sponsorship only states:

A Manitoba Supporter is an established resident of the province who is a friend or relative of the applicant and is willing and able to review and endorse the applicant’s plan for settling and finding employment in their destination community.

All the supporter is doing is endorsing the sponsored person's plan to settle in their respective anticipated destination in Manitoba.

To read on PNP in general and PNP obligations, see https://bit.ly/3iowLqr

Reactions: Dikku1111

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Thank you.
There is no need to decline the ITA. Instead you can go ahead and submit your application. When you submit your application, you can include a LoE, in which you can explain the issue, and also submit the documents pertaining to your any upcoming medicals that you have reserved, or screenshots of the available appointments etc. i.e. anything to support your case.

As per IRCC's COVID processing:

Applications with missing medical exams
If an officer receives an application with a missing Immigration Medical Exam (IME), the current 30-day submission period is a reasonable timeframe to expect the client to undergo the exam. If a physician is not available in the client’s area, it can be confirmed by the appropriate Regional Medical Office (RMO) and the officer can make a reasonable decision as to whether to leave the application open or not. Officers may continue to request reassessments for expired IMEs where available using existing guidance.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures.html

MZODUN

Jun 5, 2021
@legalfalcon Good day, I received LAA from manitoba a week ago but my issue is that my international passport is expiring at the end of this month (June), there is this issue we are having in the country where all new and renewal processing of international passport has been put on hold until the 8th of this month, I guess...
What do I do?
Should I decline?
Or go ahead with the renewal, what if I dont get it before the end of 60days?
Pls help.........

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
There is no need to decline the ITA. Instead you can go ahead and submit your application. When you submit your application, you can include a LoE, in which you can explain the issue, and also submit the documents pertaining to your any upcoming medicals that you have reserved, or screenshots of the available appointments etc. i.e. anything to support your case.

As per IRCC's COVID processing:

Applications with missing medical exams
If an officer receives an application with a missing Immigration Medical Exam (IME), the current 30-day submission period is a reasonable timeframe to expect the client to undergo the exam. If a physician is not available in the client’s area, it can be confirmed by the appropriate Regional Medical Office (RMO) and the officer can make a reasonable decision as to whether to leave the application open or not. Officers may continue to request reassessments for expired IMEs where available using existing guidance.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures.html
Thanks, I will submit my application with an LOE, Actually medical centers are asking for a specific IMM form before scheduling any appointments. I found this link which mentions "We will send you a form telling you when and how to get a medical exam". This is for applicants outside Canada. I think after submission, I will receive instructions from IRCC on medicals. I hope my understanding is correct ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks, I will submit my application with an LOE, Actually medical centers are asking for a specific IMM form before scheduling any appointments. I found this link which mentions "We will send you a form telling you when and how to get a medical exam". This is for applicants outside Canada. I think after submission, I will receive instructions from IRCC on medicals. I hope my understanding is correct ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html
This the latest change. IRCC is not sending out emails with forms when they want you to get the medicals, and the panel physicians have been asked not to book appointments for applicants who do not have a letter issued. This has been done to tackle COVID lockdowns and also the backlog with IRCC health branch.

Irrespective, you should send a LoE, and mention this.

xtremenet2021

Jan 17, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon
Let’s say that today I got the PPR email for my FSW-O application and I have to be in Canada before 01/01/2022.
If I can not travel on 01/01/2022 and I need one more year of extension, what shall I do?

I think that my medicals, criminality, and security will be re-checked. Am I right?

What about my eligibility, will they re-checked also?

Thanks a lot!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
Let’s say that today I got the PPR email for my FSW-O application and I have to be in Canada before 01/01/2022.
If I can not travel on 01/01/2022 and I need one more year of extension, what shall I do?

I think that my medicals, criminality, and security will be re-checked. Am I right?

What about my eligibility, will they re-checked also?

Thanks a lot!
Giving extension to land in Canada after your application has been approved is at the discretion of the officer. Currently IRCC is giving extensions due to COVID. However, when yo submit your PR application you also convey your intent to move and reside in Canada.

If you seek and extension, then when you land your medicals have to be valid. Eligibility once done is not usually re-opened. Security and criminality are based on your country of origin and residence.

djohne

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hey there, my question. I'm on PGWP which expires December 2021, we applied for PR May 2021. My wife's work permit expires July 2022 and she is main applicant. Can I apply to extend my PGWP based on new policy or should I try to get BOWP. I know the new policy says PGWP must be expiring in 4 mths. Would appreciate guidance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey there, my question. I'm on PGWP which expires December 2021, we applied for PR May 2021. My wife's work permit expires July 2022 and she is main applicant. Can I apply to extend my PGWP based on new policy or should I try to get BOWP. I know the new policy says PGWP must be expiring in 4 mths. Would appreciate guidance
BOWP is only for primary applicant of the PR application. As a dependent you can apply for SOWP.

You can apply to extend the PGWP if you meet the eligibility requirements.

djohne

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
BOWP is only for primary applicant of the PR application. As a dependent you can apply for SOWP.

You can apply to extend the PGWP if you meet the eligibility requirements.
Thanks for the response. I will check on the SOWP so that when it's time I will have a better idea of what I need to do. I know for the extension of PGWP I need to apply before July 27th but that will be 5 mths instead of the 4 mths. Just wondering if I should take the risk as it's an 18 mth extension and I'm not sure how long the SOWP would be for.

Veerpal_vp

May 20, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon
I would be glad to have your advice on the following:
1.I am FSW-Outland candidate with expired IELTS and expired medical exam.Is there any chance that immigration officer will ask for new IELTS exam result.
2. I am not vaccinated yet as I get to know that covaxin is not recognised for international travel. If I hopefully get PPR and expected to travel soon.What if they want me to get vaccinated before travelling but there is a problem as the gap between two doses is 84 days. How will I counter this problem.
I tried contacting my immigration agency several times to clear my doubts but they didn't respond. You are my only hope.
I really look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks