Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Apparently nieces and nephews aren’t exempted from travel restrictions as extended family members.
My uncle is sponsoring me as her orphaned niece
So I was wondering if I get my PR will I be allowed to enter Canada
I get it now. Unfortunately you do not fall under the exemption. Only the following quality under the exemption:

Extended family members who want to unite with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident
To be considered an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, it depends on who you’re related to and how.

If your relationship is with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident

You must be

• in an exclusive dating relationship, have been in the relationship for at least 1 year and have spent time in the physical presence of that person at some point during the relationship
    • You and the person you’re in the relationship with must both be 18 years of age or older.
  • a non-dependent child (adult child)
  • a grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child)
  • a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling
  • a grandparent
If you’re related to the spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident

You must be a

• non-dependent child (adult child)
  • grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child)
  • sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling
  • grandparent
If you’re related to someone in an exclusive dating relationship with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident

You must be a

• dependent child
  • non-dependent child (adult child)
  • grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Received my GCMS notes.
Can see the COPR number starting with a T,can also see the print queue details and COPR expiration date- however, not received the COPR yet after almost 2 months

Something really confusing to me, please assist @legalfalcon: in the User remarks, there is: Scheduled VL March 29th - April 1 - Terri

Does the above mean this is the date I should have gotten the COPR??

May 17, 2021
Received my GCMS notes.
Can see the COPR number starting with a T,can also see the print queue details and COPR expiration date- however, not received the COPR yet after almost 2 months

Something really confusing to me, please assist @legalfalcon: in the User remarks, there is: Scheduled VL March 29th - April 1 - Terri

I also got my CoPR T number on my application on April 17, 2021 but have yet to get any document or email.

Gauzdx

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
There is no formal published policy from IRCC on this for EE. For citizenship applications, this is what IRCC states:

Policy
CIC has an obligation to avoid duplication of work or unnecessary costs in the processing of an application. Unless a client specifically requests CIC to process two or more applications at the same time, all applications will be held by CIC until processing on the initial application is completed. Applicants are encouraged to submit new applications only if they have new facts or evidence.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html

For EE, if you file two applications, or for that matter one under EE and another under the new public policy, IRCC has not clarified whether both will be processed together, will one be placed on hold, and what happens to other if one is approved.

Given that IRCC has the policy of avoiding duplication of work, but each application under different programs has different evidence to support it, it is unclear what IRCC is doing internally as they are aware of applicants filing more than one application.
It makes sense to not process two EE applications as the duration is about the same. I am a paper PNP applicant and my application has taken 3 years now with no sign of progress. From the looks of GCMS notes they started processing application in March 2020 and it says I passed eligibility, RCMP check in July 2020 and criminality says not started. CSIS has no records of this delay and I ordered CBSA notes as well.
I also noted that the officer requested landing fees in July but retracted that request exactly after 3-4 minutes of making that note and wrote 'Entered in error' in label of that note. Would you know why? Is that concerning? I am kinda worried why he did that.

Also, I recently got invitation for EE, I am not sure if I should proceed with that application. If I do, will both the application come under lens and be checked for differences? I am just worried if something comes out contradictory it will lead to problems. Can you please advise me on this?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Received my GCMS notes.

IRCC is rolling our COPRs. For applicants wo are outside Canada, most applications are on hold until the travel restrictions are eased. If you are in Canada, then just wait for your turn and you will hear from IRCC soon.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It makes sense to not process two EE applications as the duration is about the same. I am a paper PNP applicant and my application has taken 3 years now with no sign of progress. From the looks of GCMS notes they started processing application in March 2020 and it says I passed eligibility, RCMP check in July 2020 and criminality says not started. CSIS has no records of this delay and I ordered CBSA notes as well.
I also noted that the officer requested landing fees in July but retracted that request exactly after 3-4 minutes of making that note and wrote 'Entered in error' in label of that note. Would you know why? Is that concerning? I am kinda worried why he did that.

Also, I recently got invitation for EE, I am not sure if I should proceed with that application. If I do, will both the application come under lens and be checked for differences? I am just worried if something comes out contradictory it will lead to problems. Can you please advise me on this?
Any application you file with IRCC can be looked into and any discrepancy can be a reason for misrepresentation. Here is my previous post on this, in contact of TRV and EE, but the same will hold true for any two applications filed.

As per IRPA:

Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Any application you file can be looked into and there should be no discrepancy if you have filed multiple applications. If you filed a TRV in which you did not declare a job, and then you claimed a posts for a job in your PR application, this is a discrepancy. Similarly if you were refused a visa before, the same has to be declared in the subsequent application filed with IRCC.

If you file any application with IRCC - TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason on why you omitted the information has to be provided. Even if the reason is that you inadvertently forgot to mention a prior refusal, you have to inform IRCC.

While answering the statutory questions you have to list all prior visa refusals. Failing to declare any prior visa refusal is misrepresentation and the federal court has ruled on it in the following decision:

Algohar v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2019 FC 1364 (CanLII), available at http://canlii.ca/t/j36dk

It is an applicant's duty to disclose all material information pertaining to ones information and answer all questions truthfully.

If you inadvertently forgot to mention a prior visa refusal, you can send a webform and inform IRCC. Irrespective of what stage your application is at, or if it has even been approved, if it is found that you failed to disclose any material information in your application, it can impact your PR status.

In Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII) the court held, " Section 16(1) of the Act requires visa applicants to answer all questions truthfully and produce all relevant documents and evidence reasonably required when making an application under the Act. The purpose of the misrepresentation provisions in the Act is “to ensure that applicants provide complete, honest and truthful information in every manner when applying for entry into Canada” (Jiang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2011 FC 942 at para 36; Khan v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2008 FC 512 at paras 26-29; Wang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2005 FC 1059 at paras 57-58, affirmed in 2006 FCA 345 [Wang])." I emphasize that it does not matter that the authorities may have the ability to catch the misrepresentation or not. What matters is whether the misrepresentation induced or could have induced an error in the administration of the IRPA.

If you feel that there is a discrepancy, or if you inadvertently missed out answering a question in your application, you can send a wbfrom and inform IRCC of the same.

SINCLAR

Sep 25, 2017
Dubai
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
@legalfalcon I understand that when you are landing to activate your PR you would be asked by the border security officer if you ever been refused admission to Canada. I see this question on the COPR in the GCMS notes. My file was been approved as per the notes (FSW-O)
So if you have a previous Canadian Tourist visa/Student visa rejection, should you answer YES to this question?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I understand that when you are landing to activate your PR you would be asked by the border security officer if you ever been refused admission to Canada. I see this question on the COPR in the GCMS notes. My file was been approved as per the notes (FSW-O)
So if you have a previous Canadian Tourist visa/Student visa rejection, should you answer YES to this question?
You have to answer this when you land and in front of the officer. Ans yes, you will answer yes, and the officer will be able to see your prior refusal on the system. However, you do not have to do anything until you land.

Gauzdx

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Any application you file with IRCC can be looked into and any discrepancy can be a reason for misrepresentation. Here is my previous post on this, in contact of TRV and EE, but the same will hold true for any two applications filed.

As per IRPA:

Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Any application you file can be looked into and there should be no discrepancy if you have filed multiple applications. If you filed a TRV in which you did not declare a job, and then you claimed a posts for a job in your PR application, this is a discrepancy. Similarly if you were refused a visa before, the same has to be declared in the subsequent application filed with IRCC.

If you file any application with IRCC - TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason on why you omitted the information has to be provided. Even if the reason is that you inadvertently forgot to mention a prior refusal, you have to inform IRCC.

While answering the statutory questions you have to list all prior visa refusals. Failing to declare any prior visa refusal is misrepresentation and the federal court has ruled on it in the following decision:

Algohar v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2019 FC 1364 (CanLII), available at http://canlii.ca/t/j36dk

It is an applicant's duty to disclose all material information pertaining to ones information and answer all questions truthfully.

If you inadvertently forgot to mention a prior visa refusal, you can send a webform and inform IRCC. Irrespective of what stage your application is at, or if it has even been approved, if it is found that you failed to disclose any material information in your application, it can impact your PR status.

In Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII) the court held, " Section 16(1) of the Act requires visa applicants to answer all questions truthfully and produce all relevant documents and evidence reasonably required when making an application under the Act. The purpose of the misrepresentation provisions in the Act is “to ensure that applicants provide complete, honest and truthful information in every manner when applying for entry into Canada” (Jiang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2011 FC 942 at para 36; Khan v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2008 FC 512 at paras 26-29; Wang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2005 FC 1059 at paras 57-58, affirmed in 2006 FCA 345 [Wang])." I emphasize that it does not matter that the authorities may have the ability to catch the misrepresentation or not. What matters is whether the misrepresentation induced or could have induced an error in the administration of the IRPA.

If you feel that there is a discrepancy, or if you inadvertently missed out answering a question in your application, you can send a wbfrom and inform IRCC of the same.
Thanks for this.

Would you know why the officer would retract RPRF fees after requesting the office? This happened 2-3 minutes after making this note. Can you think of cases where the VO would do this? Did he actually make a mistake? At what stage do they request RPRF fees? According to my local MP, they say they are doing criminality check for countries I been to and they've been on it for past 1 year. No update.

Remicynt

Jan 10, 2020
@legalfalcon I got this from my web form. My AOR is Feb 2021.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that your application is currently at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, for processing.

Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility has not been initiated.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
Please what does this imply.

Do they do eligibility at the Central intake office or it has to be a local VO.

Jordan510

Nov 27, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon
I am looking for your assistant regarding a representative on your file. I had a representative on my file. It was an express entry profile cec. I am wondering will that representative has access to just that specific cec express entry profile to will he be able to speak to ircc to get any information from ircc once the file is approved. I am confused how the use of representative form works and till how long they are representing you. Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for this.

Would you know why the officer would retract RPRF fees after requesting the office? This happened 2-3 minutes after making this note. Can you think of cases where the VO would do this? Did he actually make a mistake? At what stage do they request RPRF fees? According to my local MP, they say they are doing criminality check for countries I been to and they've been on it for past 1 year. No update.
RPRF is sent usually when eligibility is passed or recommended passed. IF you already paid the RPRF, and a note was created in error, it may have been removed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
I am looking for your assistant regarding a representative on your file. I had a representative on my file. It was an express entry profile cec. I am wondering will that representative has access to just that specific cec express entry profile to will he be able to speak to ircc to get any information from ircc once the file is approved. I am confused how the use of representative form works and till how long they are representing you. Thanks
If you have a representative, each file (application) filed has to have a use of representative form and the representative will only be able to obtain information from IRCC abut the application in which the representative has been appointed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I got this from my web form. My AOR is Feb 2021.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that your application is currently at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, for processing.

Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility has not been initiated.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
Please what does this imply.

Do they do eligibility at the Central intake office or it has to be a local VO.
The CIO usually does the R10 and then the application is sent to CPC, where the eligibility starts. However, in the GCMS notes you will see the label for the R10 note as eligibility.

To understand webform responses, see https://bit.ly/349kP3n