+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

happyguy2021

Feb 13, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon .
Let's say that I become a permanent resident on 01/01/2022. In order to keep it, i should be present in canada for two years in 5 years.

My questions are:

-1- Let's say that I become a PR on 01/01/2022, and I left Canada the next day, then I came back on 01/01/2025 and remained in Canada till 01/01/2027 in a row, can my PR status be kept?

-2- Taking into consideration the above mentioned scenario, at which date can I apply for citizenship?

Thanks a lot!

San9902

Aug 8, 2019
App. Filed.......
13-07-2020
AOR Received.
13-07-2020
Med's Done....
05-09-2020
COPR is usually cancelled if it was entered in error. Most of such recent cases are when an applicant cannot land due to travel restrictions.

There is nothing that you can do to expedite the process. However, since you are in Canada and you were dent ADR request, that could be a reason. If you submitted the ADRs check your GCMS notes if they have bene processed or not and added to your application.
Thank you so much for your prompt response!!!..
I checked GCMS notes and same mentioned in the previous 1st image Note 2 only states that additional documents recieved it and assigned to officer. I think still officer haven't gone through documents it seems. I only see comment of recieved it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon .
Let's say that I become a permanent resident on 01/01/2022. In order to keep it, i should be present in canada for two years in 5 years.

My questions are:

-1- Let's say that I become a PR on 01/01/2022, and I left Canada the next day, then I came back on 01/01/2025 and remained in Canada till 01/01/2027 in a row, can my PR status be kept?

-2- Taking into consideration the above mentioned scenario, at which date can I apply for citizenship?

Thanks a lot!
1. Yes, you can become a PR, the next day leave Canada and return back after 3 years, stay continuously for 2 years in Canada, and still meet your PR residency obligations.

2. To apply for citizenship, you must have been physically in Canada for at least 1,095 days (3 years) during the 5 years before the date you sign your application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon
1.)))So this means they are checking my criminality.???

@legalfalcon

2.)))previously my application shows your action is require as current status
Now it change to submitted..
Whats does this means???? ( it changes today )

(i submitted biometrics mine (25 feb)and my wife’s (3 march)
But it show on my application but biometrics section shows we need your biometrics)

Any status you see on MyCIC after you submit the documents requested or after submitting your biometrics, and if it still says that your action is required, it simply means that your application has not been updated.

IRCC has been experiencing delays, so just give it some time and it will be updated accordingly.

Shagun1997

Feb 15, 2021
Any status you see on MyCIC after you submit the documents requested or after submitting your biometrics, and if it still says that your action is required, it simply means that your application has not been updated.

IRCC has been experiencing delays, so just give it some time and it will be updated accordingly.
@legalfalcon

it shows submitted as current status today.
No change in my file
What that means?
please help..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

it shows submitted as current status today.
No change in my file
What that means?
please help..
If your documents have been submitted, and they have been added to your file, the status will show submitted.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

To read more see: https://bit.ly/3lYbjs9

Last edited:

neerajbhide

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
09-01-2020
Med's Done....
04-01-2020
Hello @legalfalcon,

I'm an active PR applicant under FSW program with AoR on 9th Jan 2020 still waiting for IRCC to process my application and grant me CoPR.

Before applying for PR, I'd applied for MBA at Goodman School of Business around Sept 2019 and was admitted to the program. However, after the admit I calculated my points and it came to 471. So I decided it was better to apply for PR rather than a study permit. So in October 2020 I created my EE Profile and received an ITA in Nov 2020.

After all the documents were in place I submitted with application on 9th Jan 2020. My Medicals were passed on 29th Jan 2020 and biometrics were completed on 4th Feb 2020. As per IRCC's processing timeline, I was expecting a decision by Mid July 2020 and it would've been perfect as the program was to commence by Sept 2020.

As my luck would have it, Covid happened! Canada closed its international borders and my application is stuck ever since! As it was an MBA I wanted to attend it in person and hence I deferred my admit to Fall 2021.

Now after waiting for about 12 months since the border closure I haven't seen any progress on the application and no one has any clue when we can expect IRCC to process the pending applications and open up its borders to outlanders.

Having already wasted a year and deferred my admit once; I don't want to defer it again and I'm against doing an MBA online as it defeats the whole purpose of doing an MBA!!

My question is, can I apply for a study permit given that IRCC is processing Study Permits and students are exempted from the travel restrictions! Following are the queries I'd with regards to the Dual Intent Study Permit application:

1) Should I apply under SDS or Non- SDS
2) Will a dual intent Study Permit negatively impact my PR application?
3) What all to include in Study Permit SOP
4) I'm ready to write IELTS Academic again as my previous score is expired.

Request you to kindly go through this long post and guide me if possible!!!

Regards,
Neeraj Bhide

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,

I'm an active PR applicant under FSW program with AoR on 9th Jan 2020 still waiting for IRCC to process my application and grant me CoPR.

Before applying for PR, I'd applied for MBA at Goodman School of Business around Sept 2019 and was admitted to the program. However, after the admit I calculated my points and it came to 471. So I decided it was better to apply for PR rather than a study permit. So in October 2020 I created my EE Profile and received an ITA in Nov 2020.

After all the documents were in place I submitted with application on 9th Jan 2020. My Medicals were passed on 29th Jan 2020 and biometrics were completed on 4th Feb 2020. As per IRCC's processing timeline, I was expecting a decision by Mid July 2020 and it would've been perfect as the program was to commence by Sept 2020.

As my luck would have it, Covid happened! Canada closed its international borders and my application is stuck ever since! As it was an MBA I wanted to attend it in person and hence I deferred my admit to Fall 2021.

Now after waiting for about 12 months since the border closure I haven't seen any progress on the application and no one has any clue when we can expect IRCC to process the pending applications and open up its borders to outlanders.

Having already wasted a year and deferred my admit once; I don't want to defer it again and I'm against doing an MBA online as it defeats the whole purpose of doing an MBA!!

My question is, can I apply for a study permit given that IRCC is processing Study Permits and students are exempted from the travel restrictions! Following are the queries I'd with regards to the Dual Intent Study Permit application:

1) Should I apply under SDS or Non- SDS
2) Will a dual intent Study Permit negatively impact my PR application?
3) What all to include in Study Permit SOP
4) I'm ready to write IELTS Academic again as my previous score is expired.

Request you to kindly go through this long post and guide me if possible!!!

Regards,
Neeraj Bhide

Yes, you can apply for a study visa, even if your PR application is in progress.

1. To apply under the SDS stream you have to meet the requirements. If you meet them, then surely you can file your application under SDS. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream/eligibility.html

2. I wrote a post on dual intent, see the snap shot:

The link in the image is https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html?fbclid=IwAR1wYRUGIMftgh54M4jKxpEpdPrtr5bjKVjB6QAQgj3r0D3PmoE2mjVevmE

3. SOP is your own statement on why you want to attend the program, why Canada, and why the school and your plans after you graduate. Make sure you do not copy the SOP, and make it personalised and unique to you. Some resources for SOP are:

https://grad.berkeley.edu/admissions/apply/statement-purpose/
https://www.princetonreview.com/grad-school-advice/statement-of-purpose
https://www.northeastern.edu/graduate/blog/how-to-write-a-statement-of-purpose/

This can even be the same one you submitted for your admission.

4. IELTS is university specific, see if the university wants the IELTS done again, or can use your previous one since you already have an offer letter.

Last edited:
Reactions: neerajbhide

neerajbhide

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
09-01-2020
Med's Done....
04-01-2020
Yes, you can apply for a study visa, even if your PR application is in progress.

1. To apply under the SDS stream you have to meet the requirements. If you meet them, then surely you can file your application under SDS. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream/eligibility.html

2. I wrote a post on dual intent, see the snap shot:

The link in the image ishttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html?fbclid=IwAR1wYRUGIMftgh54M4jKxpEpdPrtr5bjKVjB6QAQgj3r0D3PmoE2mjVevmE

3. SOP is your own statement on why you want to attend the program, why Canada, and what the school and your plans after you graduate. Make sure you do not copy the SOP, and make it personalised and unique to you. Some resources for SOP are:

https://grad.berkeley.edu/admissions/apply/statement-purpose/
https://www.princetonreview.com/grad-school-advice/statement-of-purpose
https://www.northeastern.edu/graduate/blog/how-to-write-a-statement-of-purpose/

This can even be the same one you submitted for your admission.

4. IELTS is university specific, see if the university wants the IELTS done again, or can use your previous one since you already have an offer letter.
Thanks a ton @legalfalcon for your quick reply and help! I will go through the requirements and take a decision based on it.

Thank you so muchhh!

Reactions: legalfalcon

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
@legalfalcon I have claimed 200 points for employment and arranged offer with the same employer. If I lose my job I will lose those 200 points and that will considerably reduce my points and impact my PR which is under process. Is there an alternative to this? Any recourse?

My job currently is intact but due to Covid lay offs have been happening and my tentative COPR date is in May (which could get delayed as we are aware the process is very slow right now). I am really worried about my job.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
I just realised that while I submitted the certified copy of divorce joint petition from court through webform.And it was written in one of the pages that the court is adjourned on 10.08.2021(which is 10th August 2021 - the date format is dd.mm.yyyy as per indian standard date format). In my application, while submitting the documents, I have already mentioned that the date adjourned is August 10th, 2021. Will that explanation be sufficient?

I am concerned if the IRCC would take the date as mm.dd.yyyy and be confused about it?

Thanks in advance!!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon
I just realised that while I submitted the certified copy of divorce joint petition from court through webform.And it was written in one of the pages that the court is adjourned on 10.08.2021(which is 10th August 2021 - the date format is dd.mm.yyyy as per indian standard date format). In my application, while submitting the documents, I have already mentioned that the date adjourned is August 10th, 2021. Will that explanation be sufficient?

I am concerned if the IRCC would take the date as mm.dd.yyyy and be confused about it?

Thanks in advance!!
If you have clearly mentioned the date as August 10th, 2021 then it's ok. If still in doubt you can follow up via web form again and clarify.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Thanks in advance!!
Each country has a different date and time format, when a county specific document is submitted, IRCC takes the country specific format into consideration.

Reactions: mvneema10

txlonghorn

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,
We received an ITR (FSW) in December and submitted a PR application a few weeks ago.

I am currently a US citizen and my wife is a US green card holder + citizen of country X (in eastern europe, one which does not recognize dual citizenship). My wife is in the process of obtaining US citizenship, likely to happen in the next 3-4 months. When she does, she will have to renounce her current citizenship in favor of US citizenship and obtain a US passport.

If our Canadian PR application is approved before she obtains US citizenship, what do we need to do?
If she obtains US citizenship while our canadian PR application is still in progress, what do we need to do?

Thank you.