+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

david1211

Mar 24, 2020
@legalfalcon
Thank you for your reply. I have one more question, how about raising my issue to the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration? Will they give a push to IRCC to finalize their work? I suppose this parliamentary committee serves as a higher authority of IRCC and is overseeing them right? Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Thank you for your reply. I have one more question, how about raising my issue to the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration? Will they give a push to IRCC to finalize their work? I suppose this parliamentary committee serves as a higher authority of IRCC and is overseeing them right? Thank you.
You can definitely try. No harm. The committee is a oversight committee, but is not an higher authority. All government agencies are accountable to the Parliament, but the Committee cannot pass a ruling or a judgment per se, but can definitely look into your issue if it concerns many others and seek clarification from the Minister of Immigration or the Deputy Minister.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Government agencies like IRCC, CBSA or CSIS can take 90 day extensions to process requests for information from them (e.g. GCMS/CBSA/CSIS notes), they are not common though and when taken they are seen more with IRCC.

The unfortunate part is that IRCC has categorized 3rd party GCMS providers into tiers when it comes to extensions.

As a result some 3rd parties will fairly consistently receive 90 days extensions when you get gcms while others receive 60 day extensions

These actions of IRCC were revealed in response to an ATIP request and are an undisputed fact.

If interested in reading more about time extensions and associated FAQ's see https://bit.ly/2NmpUjP

What's next for Gcms Notes ? ROADMAP FOR ATIP

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon

I just received my GCMS notes and on page 2, eligibility is mentioned as passed. Under settlement funds, I can see that the difference between available funds and minimum requirement is just CA$ 30. However, the case processing agent has mentioned it as "MET" and also the comment for overall eligibility is also "MET". I cannot see Review Required anywhere. Presently, the exchange rate of my currency has slightly increased from the rate which IRCC took into consideration and the PoF amount has gone below the minimum requirement

Is it a good idea to top up the account just to be safe from officer's review in future and inform IRCC proactively? or Will the officer just go ahead with case processing agent's comments? What is your advice on this

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
Hello, I need urgent advise please have a look my issue and advise me ASAP.

As per GCMS note of November 2020
I have passed my
Eligibility
Criminality
Info sharing : Completed
Medical : Not Started
Security : Not Started

I am on family sponsorship visa, my first cousin have sponsor me but she told me that in May 2021 they will moved from monitoba and i am worried.

Does that cause problem to me ?

Please guide me what should I do ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I just received my GCMS notes and on page 2, eligibility is mentioned as passed. Under settlement funds, I can see that the difference between available funds and minimum requirement is just CA$ 30. However, the case processing agent has mentioned it as "MET" and also the comment for overall eligibility is also "MET". I cannot see Review Required anywhere. Presently, the exchange rate of my currency has slightly increased from the rate which IRCC took into consideration and the PoF amount has gone below the minimum requirement

Is it a good idea to top up the account just to be safe from officer's review in future and inform IRCC proactively? or Will the officer just go ahead with case processing agent's comments? What is your advice on this

Reactions: Ahamed06

xtremenet2021

Jan 17, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon. Hope you are having a good day.

I have some questions and it would be appreciated if you can help me with them.

-1- Since my medicals were about to get expired, I did a new upfront medical exam and send it to IRCC two months ago (although IRCC didn’t ask for it). When I called IRCC few days back, they told me that I don't have to worry, the officer will either extend my medicals or look at my new submitted one. What I need to know, what happens to my new submitted medical exam the moment my clinic send it to IRCC. Will the medical department of IRCC review my results, then send the results to the officer responsible for my file? Or the medical department will not review automatically my upfront medical they received unless they get a request from my officer to do so?

-2- My application was approved three months before my medicals were about to expire, and at the time of approval, I can see no medical re-assessment request to extend my medicals. When usually officers request a re-assessment of my medicals, before when of my medical expiry?

-3- When a medical re-assessment request is made by an officer, how long does it takes to get extended?

-4- Although I submitted a new upfront medical exam, IRCC agents told me that the officer may not look at it and just extend my old one. How likely that to happen? Is extending my old one requires less effort and time from IRCC than reviewing an entirely new medical? Why would he choose an extension rather reviewing a new one?

I know that I am asking a lot and thanks a lot for your understanding.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks. Also can you please clarify what’s Review Required: Triage factor

All elements like R78,79 are marked as MET by case processing agent. But it says Review Required: Triage Factor

Any idea on this pls
Triage is the process by which your application processing is categorized based on your program under which you applied, the file where your application will be sent for processing etc.

This is an exert from one of the committee meetings:

The GCMS is an electronic business platform. It constitutes one of the major projects undertaken to modify IRCC’s service delivery model and is described as “an automated, integrated case management tool to support [IRCC’s] global business network.” GCMS allows files to be transferred electronically, a feature that is helpful when there are huge spikes in demand in a specific office. The ability to process applications anywhere in the world has also allowed the department to triage files and separate the complex from the non-complex cases. Non-complex cases may be processed entirely in Canada, thereby freeing visa officers to concentrate resources on more complex cases. Paul Armstrong of IRCC explained that triaging applications allowed 56% of parent and grandparent sponsorship files to be processed in Canada last year. The only line of business not integrated into GCMS at this time is the Passport Program, which is slowly being migrated into GCMS.

emyamen286

Dec 2, 2020
HI @legalfalcon

AOR : May 5, 2020 FSW - O
Medical : july 25
Biometrics : august 3
ADR : 20 august ===> 20 january passed to " not applicable "
LVO Local ===> 21 january
Background check : 22 january passed in " We are processing your background check "
ADR : PCC ==> 22 january
My file has been transferred to the local LVO
I had an ADR: PCC request that I couldn't provide due to COVID. I would like to know according to you I am at which stages ?
when we ask the PCC is that we are at what stage in the processing of the file?
have I passed the eligibility stage ?

Thanks for help

Last edited:

millennial_immigrant

Feb 5, 2019
Thank you so very much for your response & insight. I really appreciate it.
Writing a letter or webform would not be of any help, and this will not expedite the processing of your application. If you are a health care worker, instead apply for a work permit and move to Canada. Once in Canada you can update your address with IRCC. After your application is approved, your COPR will be sent to you.

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
HI @legalfalcon

AOR : May 5, 2020 FSW - O
Medical : july 25
Biometrics : august 3
ADR : 20 august ===> 20 january passed to " not applicable "
LVO Local ===> 21 january
Background check : 22 january passed in " We are processing your background check "
ADR : PCC ==> 22 january
My file has been transferred to the local LVO
I had an ADR: PCC request that I couldn't provide due to COVID. I would like to know according to you I am at which stages ?
when we ask the PCC is that we are at what stage in the processing of the file?
have I passed the eligibility stage ?

Thanks for help
All applications go though the following stages:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

To know what stage you are at, send a webform to IRCC, or request your GCMS notes.

happyguy2021

Feb 13, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon. Hope you are having a good day.

I have some questions and it would be appreciated if you can help me with them.

-1- Since my medicals were about to get expired, I did a new upfront medical exam and send it to IRCC two months ago (although IRCC didn’t ask for it). When I called IRCC few days back, they told me that I don't have to worry, the officer will either extend my medicals or look at my new submitted one. What I need to know, what happens to my new submitted medical exam the moment my clinic send it to IRCC. Will the medical department of IRCC review my results, then send the results to the officer responsible for my file? Or the medical department will not review automatically my upfront medical they received unless they get a request from my officer to do so?

-2- My application was approved three months before my medicals were about to expire, and at the time of approval, I can see no medical re-assessment request to extend my medicals. When usually officers request a re-assessment of my medicals, before when of my medical expiry?

-3- When a medical re-assessment request is made by an officer, how long does it takes to get extended?

-4- Although I submitted a new upfront medical exam, IRCC agents told me that the officer may not look at it and just extend my old one. How likely that to happen? Is extending my old one requires less effort and time from IRCC than reviewing an entirely new medical? Why would he choose an extension rather reviewing a new one?

I know that I am asking a lot and thanks a lot for your understanding.
I appreciate your help @legalfalcon .

Reactions: legalfalcon

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
Hi Legalfalcon,

In this forum you had answered all question that's prove you have wide knowledge of Canada immigration.

Due to this reason I have asked you my query but you didn't answer me, Please have a look my issue and solve my query. it's big tention for me.

Thanks

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
You have to tap to the airline or ask IRCC to issue a letter to this effect. This is a local issue and IRCC has to send a clear message to airlines
It's been 15+ days since he requested an AL for Imm.Fam.Mem.

Should he wait OR allow his family to travel Canada based on docs viz, Marriage Certificate, Birth Cert., SIN no., Utility Bill, etc, and few other docs which prove his PR status in Canada?

--
TIA