LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi All,

Single applicant, Married, no accompanying spouse in the EE profile. CEC

ITA- 25th June
AOR- 16H August,
Biometrics submitted- 14th October
profile percentage- 86 %

I just notice that my UCI number on EE profile is different than the one on my study permit and work permit.
it is a 10 digit number on EE and 8 digits on study/work permit.

However, my friends who are single applicants and are not married, had their UCI number updated to their original UCI number from study/work permit.
Usually, UCI number changes to old UCI, from CAN00 To 8 digits, but for me, it changed to new 10 digits.

Is that something, I should be worried about?

I recently also received/approval for my Bridging work permit and it also has a new UCI number- 10 digit number, whereas when I submitted my form for Bowp, I used my 8 digit number from study/work permit

Please let me know!

@legalfalcon

There is nothing wrong. In very rare cases this done happen, but IRCC will either fix it or purge your old UCI number and your new number will be your UCI going forward.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I requested last GCM notes on Nov 19 was received on last week and my GCM notes second page as below. Date generated shows as 19th Nov and second page as S.21. I believe my application is approved but i did not get any COPR yet

Assessments
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: passed
Org Crime:
Medical: passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final: Approved

I was under the impression that my application is approved based on the GCM notes. Today I could get connected to IRCC agent through phone and he mentioned that even if your application is approved final decision has not been made. Is this true is that a separate step.

If your GCMS notes say approved on page 2, then your application is approved. However, before the PPR is sent a final review is done to ensure that your medicals and other documents are valid. This is cases final review and will be done immediately before your receive a decision.

Approved on page 2 means that all checks have been done and you meet all admissibility factors.

You will just have to wait.

Reactions: SBU

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - any thoughts on the below? I know you don't like to speculate, but keen to hear if you've seen anything like this before or know what the official rules are meant to be for how they handle it?

Sorry to hear about your situation. If your medicals are pending, i.e. your MyCIC account does not show that they are passed, then it could be one of the two things. Either your medicals have a decision and it has not been updated on your medical admissibility is pending with IRCC Health branch.

In either case, there will be a decision taken and it will be updated. The fact that your application progress all other stages, is a good sign and seems like you will not have any issues with meds.

However, you just have to wait it out or alternatively you can request your GCMS notes for meds.

SBU

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
If your GCMS notes say approved on page 2, then your application is approved. However, before the PPR is sent a final review is done to ensure that your medicals and other documents are valid. This is cases final review and will be done immediately before your receive a decision.

Approved on page 2 means that all checks have been done and you meet all admissibility factors.

You will just have to wait.
Thank you @legalfalcon

This gives a big relief . Mine was applied through lawyer so i was not 100% sure what were completed. Was worried in case if they missed out the email from IRCC considering the fact that notes were updated the status on October 14th now 3 months already passed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon

This gives a big relief . Mine was applied through lawyer so i was not 100% sure what were completed. Was worried in case if they missed out the email from IRCC considering the fact that notes were updated the status on October 14th now 3 months already passed.
If you have a lawyer representing you, no need to be concerned and when in doubt, you can contact your lawyer to discuss.

Reactions: SBU

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
This is just an observation. Only if IRCC asks you for a new biometric, you have to provide one.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/conditions.html

Canadian Immigration Biometric Identification System (CIBIDS) poor quality fingerprints
CIBIDS accepts poor quality fingerprints and provides real-time feedback to advise officers when a poor quality fingerprint has been taken.

When CIBIDS advises officers of a poor quality fingerprint, the officer should attempt to take the fingerprint again.

However, the officer can also choose to accept the poor quality fingerprint. The officer must select the appropriate reason for why a poor quality fingerprint was accepted. Officers have the option of including additional notes and should define and record alternative reasons for the acceptance, where appropriate.

The information is displayed in the Global Case Management System (GCMS) and is visible to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) officer assessing the application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/administration/fingerprints.html
Thanks for your reply.

My passport was expiring ti 04/04/2021 so i have renewed it.

My question is should i submit to ircc or wait until ircc ask for it ?

Riceindia

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

i got my GCMS notes, apparently my ELEGIBILITY says " Review Required" and at the end of pages, the notes say that

"Referred to IN for review of IMM 5669, Question 6 d)"

In question 6 d) i mentioned about my PRTD visa being rejected due to non meeting of residency requirement.

My AOR is 6th Feb, 2020.

sINCE THEN NO UPDATE.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Sorry to hear about your situation. If your medicals are pending, i.e. your MyCIC account does not show that they are passed, then it could be one of the two things. Either your medicals have a decision and it has not been updated on your medical admissibility is pending with IRCC Health branch.

In either case, there will be a decision taken and it will be updated. The fact that your application progress all other stages, is a good sign and seems like you will not have any issues with meds.

However, you just have to wait it out or alternatively you can request your GCMS notes for meds.
thanks @legalfalcon I've ordered many sets of GCMS notes since R10, the status of the medical is unchanged and hasn't been send to RMO when i spoke to an agent last month.

my question was about what might happen if in-progress medicals expire. Do you think they will continue processing or request a re-med?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thanks @legalfalcon I've ordered many sets of GCMS notes since R10, the status of the medical is unchanged and hasn't been send to RMO when i spoke to an agent last month.

my question was about what might happen if in-progress medicals expire. Do you think they will continue processing or request a re-med?

Did you request GCMS notes, or GCMS - Medical?

tuxarc

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
When applying to OINP, it says that I need to upload Status Documents issued by IRCC or CBSA if applicable.
Copies of current and previous status documents issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). Documents may include work permits, study permits, temporary resident visas, and/or any other Canadian immigration document.
I have been issued an eTA and an Authorization for Exemption from COVID-19 Canadian Travel Restrictions. Are these considered Status Documents issued by IRCC? Should I include them in my OINP application?

MRhn

Aug 12, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon
I was wondering if IRCC delays the COPR of the inland applicants with Non-accompanying outland dependant. If it is true for the outland dependent, is it also true for the Non-accompanying outland dependants?
Thanks.

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon
When the IRCC call centre agent says eligibility is passed, does this mean eligibility passed in full?. She did not mention anything extra, the agent said “rite now eligibility is passed and there is no review required or anything”

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Did you request GCMS notes, or GCMS - Medical?
Hi @legalfalcon - I requested regular GCMS, I wasn't aware that the medical specific type exists. In the ones I received, the medical details section shows M5, but the call centre agent said that is automatic because of my answer to the stat question about health. I was told later a medical officer may send instructions, and the last agent discussion said she sees no evidence it has been sent, that there would be a Notes entry if that had happened. What's also weird is the Notes entry for eligibility-pass does include the manually entered statement of "Medical: Passed" by the officer. No agents can tell me definitively if that is an override of M5 or if it is a habitual mistaken entry as most medicals are passed by the time of eligibility-pass. When I was waiting for biometrics confirmation to close criminality, one agent suggested the medical discrepancy would be resolved one way or the other "the next time an officer picks up your file to close criminality". But when that pickup happened on dec 9th, no such clarification was provided. Only a notes entry that criminality is passed.