Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
No @legalfalcon.... In Gcms it says Ready for Approval since 26th May 2020.

How can I post pics on the thread... I want tk share certain pages of Gcms with you

If the eligibility note says "ready for approval," it means that the approval subject to other checks are passed.

To post any pics on forum, you can used this link, https://imgbb.com

Upload the image and use the link generated, past the link here and your pic is shared on the forum.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon

I had received instructions from Delhi immigration on 7th November 2020 to submit mine and my dependents' passports for permanent residence visa stamping. I renewed my daughters' passports post receiving passport request.

I had sent my passport along with my daughters' renewed passports and a letter of explanation mentioning that their new passports are being sent to Delhi Immigration through VFS 2-way courier services which were received by IRCC on 9th December 2020.

Our passports and photographs were returned without stamping on 15th Jan 2021. We have not received any instructions in the returned envelope nor in the GC key account. Contacted VFS and they had no clue. Tried contacting IRCC but no response.

I contacted IRCC on their contact number (1-888-242-2100) and confirmed what could be the reason. They mentioned that the file is with NDVO and they can not give any information. However, upon asking they confirmed that my medicals are valid until 30 April 2021.

I am contemplating resending the passports to Delhi immigration along with old and new passports this time. It would be kind of you to please provide me the advice in this particular scenario.

many thanks
This is very strange. Usually passports are returned when the passport are not valid for at least 6 months.

After your renewed the passport, did you send a scan of the biographical pages to IRCC via webform to update it.

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Are you referring to the expired COPR or passport?

IF you are referring to COPR, you need not worry, when you land in Canada, you will have to ask the CBSA officer who examines you at the PoE to print a new COPR for you. You will need a valid COPR to obtain your SIN, however, you can travel with the expired COPR and AL.
Hi

I am referring to my AL which is bearing the details of my expired copr. The document number (expired copr) that the AL is bearing seems to be incorrect. Will it cause a problem in receiving a boarding pass or clear immigration from Insia, as my copr is already expired and will need the AL to show I have received extention.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi

I am referring to my AL which is bearing the details of my expired copr. The document number (expired copr) that the AL is bearing seems to be incorrect. Will it cause a problem in receiving a boarding pass or clear immigration from Insia, as my copr is already expired and will need the AL to show I have received extention.
Not sure what you mean by seems to be incorrect. Either it is or it is not.

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
This is very strange. Usually passports are returned when the passport are not valid for at least 6 months.

After your renewed the passport, did you send a scan of the biographical pages to IRCC via webform to update it.
No, I could not. Because I renewed the passport after receiving the passport request. As soon as I received new passport I sent it along with LOE to IRCC, Delhi. In fact one of the other applicant also sent renewed passport of his son (along with his son's old passport) without LOE. He got his visa stamped.

I have sent the bio pages after sending for stamping but there was no response. I sent again after receiving the returned passports, IRCC Delhi responded we will open the page for you to upload new passports.

I am resending the passports once again to IRCC Delhi. Hope that is the right thing to do.

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon pls help!!

Under extended family member, in order to get Travel Authorisation Letter for CoPR holders,Is it necessary for a sibling (A Canadian Citizen) to live in the same province?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
No, I could not. Because I renewed the passport after receiving the passport request. As soon as I received new passport I sent it along with LOE to IRCC, Delhi. In fact one of the other applicant also sent renewed passport of his son (along with his son's old passport) without LOE. He got his visa stamped.

I have sent the bio pages after sending for stamping but there was no response. I sent again after receiving the returned passports, IRCC Delhi responded we will open the page for you to upload new passports.

I am resending the passports once again to IRCC Delhi. Hope that is the right thing to do.
When the COPR is sent for printing it the validity of it is set based on the documents on file, i.e. medicals and passport. Even if you get a passport renewed, they will use the new passport and it should not have been returned.

It could be that when you sent the offices were closed and they were not printing any documents. You can try sending it again.

Usually when the passports are returned by the embassy, there is a letter in it stating the reason.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon pls help!!

Under extended family member, in order to get Travel Authorisation Letter for CoPR holders,Is it necessary for a sibling (A Canadian Citizen) to live in the same province?
No, there is no such requirement. You can get a AL based on your sibling in Canada residing in any province, and does not have to be your intended province of settlement or your nominating province.

Reactions: IndiaDgreat

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
No, there is no such requirement. You can get a AL based on your sibling in Canada residing in any province, and does not have to be your intended province of settlement or your nominating province.
Ok so that means as an Extended Family Member of a Canada citizen ,COPRs are allowed to travel without AL?

Coz it's not mentioned here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
Sorry if the question was already asked before but having a job offer for a CoPR holder delivered after 18th March 2020, would help to get AL from visa office ? or it is not taken into account.
In addition can the local embassy provide AL ?

Thanks

Growthhacker2021

Jan 11, 2021
If the eligibility note says "ready for approval," it means that the approval subject to other checks are passed.

To post any pics on forum, you can used this link, https://imgbb.com

Upload the image and use the link generated, past the link here and your pic is shared on the forum.
Ok Thanks @legalfalcon

BUT the READY FOR APPROVAL is mentioned under the notes below EDOCS Association .

Im sharing some screenshots from my GCMS notes that I received on 3rd December.

It would be really kind of you to please let me know What stage is my file currently on?

I will be highly Obliged by it.

Last edited:

canpraspirant

Jul 8, 2020
1. there is no time frame, you can take your time, the faster you do, the processing will commence. Also, currently IRCC is not rejecting any application due to missing documents.

2. YEs, you should provide them with the documents. Will save you time.

3. Each form has specific requirements which are as follows:

IMM 008 - must be completed by the principal applicant
IMM 5669 - must be completed by the principal applicant
IMM 0008DEP - Must be completed with dep info
IMM 5406 - must be completed by the principal applicant, dependent spouse and any dependent 18 years of older. Each will have to fill their own form
Thanks a lot sir for your reply, there is slight confusion I have between IMM 0008 and IMM0008 DEP forms, do i have to submit both these forms separately, according to IRCC website if you have more than 5 dependants then you should fill IMM 0008 DEP form and if less than 5 then just need to identify dependants in IMM 0008, posting IRCC link also https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html

As suggested above you

IMM 008 - must be completed by the principal applicant ( done)
IMM 5669 - must be completed by the principal applicant (done)
IMM 0008DEP - Must be completed with dep info (confusion)
IMM 5406 - must be completed by the principal applicant, dependent spouse and any dependent 18 years of older. Each will have to fill their own form (done)

Thanks @legalfalcon in advance.