+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

vinnn

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon I have 6yr continous experience same is reflected on my reference letter however after 2 yrs of my job experience I enrolled in some study for 5 months and then stopped persuing it, and company gave me study leave (unpaid)

So as I had not leaved company I showed my experience as continuous, So my question is even if CIC subtract these 5 months still I have plenty of experience to be eligible. Am I right in this manner ? as I have not put this unfinished activity anywhere in application also

umche329

Dec 23, 2020
Got this reply yesterday nothing about eligibility

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

The criminal background verification is currently valid.
The security background verification is currently valid.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the COVID-19, some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
When did you send the webform and how long did it take to receive a reply from IRCC? Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I have 6yr continous experience same is reflected on my reference letter however after 2 yrs of my job experience I enrolled in some study for 5 months and then stopped persuing it, and company gave me study leave (unpaid)

So as I had not leaved company I showed my experience as continuous, So my question is even if CIC subtract these 5 months still I have plenty of experience to be eligible. Am I right in this manner ? as I have not put this unfinished activity anywhere in application also
If you were still employed, and your company can attest to it, then yes.

Reactions: vinnn

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Got this reply yesterday nothing about eligibility

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

The criminal background verification is currently valid.
The security background verification is currently valid.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the COVID-19, some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
What is your AoR.

If there is nothing on eligibility, then either your eligibility is not yet concluded, or a determination on it has not been made.

Usually eligibility starts 2-3 months post AOR and is concluded by month 5-6, but due to cOVID, there timelines have greatly changed.

To read on webform responses, see https://bit.ly/3oxEW4d

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
anybody have any idea about scoliosis causing any problem in medical examination for study permit...
The criteria for medical assessment and admissibility is different for a TRV and PR visa.

For a TRV, it should not be an issue. For PR, you can read on it at https://bit.ly/38hMmmc

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
COVID-19 and Delayed Returns of Application Packages by IRCC Processing Offices

The Canadian Bar Association has provided a submission to IRCC about the return of incomplete applications during COVID-19, See https://bit.ly/2XdErAd

canpraspirant

Jul 8, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon, I raised a webform 30 days ago to inform IRCC about the birth of new born, today i received an email to provide list of documents and forms via webform for my dependant child, however they have not mentioned any timeline for the provision of documents and forms nor they have created any place holders on my cic account.

I want to ask about the following questions

1) How many days do I have to upload the documents and forms 30 days or 90 days? (they have not mentioned anything about the timeline on the webform reply.

2) In the list of documents and forms they have not asked to provide following documents (digital photo, upfront medical exam for new born baby and updated proof of funds for the new family size. Do i need to upload these as well or just provide the documents and forms which they have requested only.

3) Also the forms below they have asked for, are they need be filled by primary applicant only or spouse also?

They have requested only below documents and forms

• A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents (Primary applicant or both?)
  • (If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form, (This form needs to be filled by both primary and spouse?)
  • (If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form, (This form needs to be filled with dependant information only?)
  • (If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form, (This form needs to be filled by both primary and spouse?)
  • A copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship,
  • A copy of the family member's valid passport,
  • Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,
  • A letter of explanation, and
  • If applicable, the proof of payment.

Thanks a lot for your consistent support and sorry for the long post :)

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I raised a webform 30 days ago to inform IRCC about the birth of new born, today i received an email to provide list of documents and forms via webform for my dependant child, however they have not mentioned any timeline for the provision of documents and forms nor they have created any place holders on my cic account.

I want to ask about the following questions

1) How many days do I have to upload the documents and forms 30 days or 90 days? (they have not mentioned anything about the timeline on the webform reply.

2) In the list of documents and forms they have not asked to provide following documents (digital photo, upfront medical exam for new born baby and updated proof of funds for the new family size. Do i need to upload these as well or just provide the documents and forms which they have requested only.

3) Also the forms below they have asked for, are they need be filled by primary applicant only or spouse also?

They have requested only below documents and forms

• A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents (Primary applicant or both?)
  • (If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form, (This form needs to be filled by both primary and spouse?)
  • (If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form, (This form needs to be filled with dependant information only?)
  • (If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form, (This form needs to be filled by both primary and spouse?)
  • A copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship,
  • A copy of the family member's valid passport,
  • Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,
  • A letter of explanation, and
  • If applicable, the proof of payment.

Thanks a lot for your consistent support and sorry for the long post :)

1. there is no time frame, you can take your time, the faster you do, the processing will commence. Also, currently IRCC is not rejecting any application due to missing documents.

2. YEs, you should provide them with the documents. Will save you time.

3. Each form has specific requirements which are as follows:

IMM 008 - must be completed by the principal applicant
IMM 5669 - must be completed by the principal applicant
IMM 0008DEP - Must be completed with dep info
IMM 5406 - must be completed by the principal applicant, dependent spouse and any dependent 18 years of older. Each will have to fill their own form

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
My Aor is February 13th previous webform stated that Eligibilty has been passed hence I was wondering why they were silent about it now
Delays are very common and now COVID is another reason for delays.

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
@legalfalcon

Need your expert advice.

I am a PA with 2 dependent and my AoR is Oct 12 and filed under Ontario PNP and CEC. I got my Ontario nomination through Tech Draw and went through detail verification before I got nomination.

My Medical approved in Nov 15th and also they requested RCMP. I have submitted the same around Dec 1st week, no update so far on myCIC website.

I called IRCC and got to know both eligibility and security is not started and Criminality is in progress. My case has been transferred to Etobicoke VO. Not sure why. Very anxious after hearing the news. Any inputs from you appreciated.

As I know local VO is involved only for Review cases and process involve many months and heard cases are held here for months esp. in this center

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Need your expert advice.

I am a PA with 2 dependent and my AoR is Oct 12 and filed under Ontario PNP and CEC. I got my Ontario nomination through Tech Draw and went through detail verification before I got nomination.

My Medical approved in Nov 15th and also they requested RCMP. I have submitted the same around Dec 1st week, no update so far on myCIC website.

I called IRCC and got to know both eligibility and security is not started and Criminality is in progress. My case has been transferred to Etobicoke VO. Not sure why. Very anxious after hearing the news. Any inputs from you appreciated.

As I know local VO is involved only for Review cases and process involve many months and heard cases are held here for months esp. in this center
Your nomination has nothing to do with the processing with IRCC. Ontario processes its application under its Provincial immigration Law where as IRCC processes its application under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

They are entirely separate processes.

If your AOR is Oct 12, then you are very early in the process.

As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.