+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Lizmisra

Oct 26, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I am the principal applicant and my spouse was the dependant added in my previous e-APR (which was refused). Last year, I had applied for Canada PR - FSW, but our Application was refused.

I have submitted now without spouse accompanying and I am in post AOR stage (AOR - 10 Dec, 2020).

My spouse and I never applied anywhere else for any type of Visa apart from Express Entry application for Canada PR.

He has no other visa refusals from any country other than PR refusal. Since he was included in my previous PR application. Therefore in the statutory questions, I have mentioned the previous express entry application number, date I submitted and the date I was refused and the reason I took it from the refusal letter. Samething I wrote it for myself and for him. Is this correct? I hope it is fine. Please advise.

So basically in the PR application, under the Statutory Questions section, there are two very similar questions asking about visa refusal. I have mentioned for both of us the same reason. Please advise if it is fine? So in total, 4 places I have just copy pasted the same reason.

"Has <Spouse name> been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (required)"
and
"Has <Spouse name> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?: (required)"

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I am the principal applicant and my spouse was the dependant added in my previous e-APR (which was refused). Last year, I had applied for Canada PR - FSW, but our Application was refused.

I have submitted now without spouse accompanying and I am in post AOR stage (AOR - 10 Dec, 2020).

My spouse and I never applied anywhere else for any type of Visa apart from Express Entry application for Canada PR.

He has no other visa refusals from any country other than PR refusal. Since he was included in my previous PR application. Therefore in the statutory questions, I have mentioned the previous express entry application number, date I submitted and the date I was refused and the reason I took it from the refusal letter. Samething I wrote it for myself and for him. Is this correct? I hope it is fine. Please advise.

So basically in the PR application, under the Statutory Questions section, there are two very similar questions asking about visa refusal. I have mentioned for both of us the same reason. Please advise if it is fine? So in total, 4 places I have just copy pasted the same reason.

"Has <Spouse name> been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (required)"
and
"Has <Spouse name> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?: (required)"

You did the right thing by answering yes to the statutory question.

Your answer to the first and second statutory questions would be yes due to the prior PR application being refused.

Lizmisra

Oct 26, 2020
You did the right thing by answering yes to the statutory question.

Your answer to the first and second statutory questions would be yes due to the prior PR application being refused.
Thank you sir @legalfalcon

I have answered Yes to both the questions and mentioned the same reason for both of us under statutory questions, as he was included in the previous application as dependant.

Writing the same reason for refusal for both of us is fine right? Please confirm one last time for my peace of mind.

Last edited:

Mta0014

Oct 2, 2020
Hi
@legalfalcon
Sorry this question might have been asked before but I can't seem to find it.
I am CEC inland AOR April 10
Med passed june 5
Eligibility passed
Criminality - in progress
Background - check passed
Bio given Oct 5

I am traveling to India on Jan 10.
If I am in India and get the copr. Is there a way I can come back to Canada?
Or can I apply for the PR card, get it mailed at the Canadian address. Then ask a friend to bring it with him to India and then land in Canada?

I am so sorry for the long post. Just worried i wont be allowed to land in Canada.
Thank you.

Jul 31, 2019
@legalfalcon We have our COPR and PRV valid till Feb 5. 2021. If we go now to Canada and do PR landing process, but don't move for good and officer at port of entry doesn't file PR card (as we are not moving permanently yet), what are our options to travel to Canada in Future ?
Can we still travel till Feb 5th ( or PRV expiry date)? And we will we not be PRs till we move for good ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon We have our COPR and PRV valid till Feb 5. 2021. If we go now to Canada and do PR landing process, but don't move for good and officer at port of entry doesn't file PR card (as we are not moving permanently yet), what are our options to travel to Canada in Future ?
Can we still travel till Feb 5th ( or PRV expiry date)? And we will we not be PRs till we move for good ?
As soon as you Land in Canada and are admitted, you become a PR. However, currently IRCC is discouraging applicants from coming to Canada just to validate their PR status.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi
@legalfalcon
Sorry this question might have been asked before but I can't seem to find it.
I am CEC inland AOR April 10
Med passed june 5
Eligibility passed
Criminality - in progress
Background - check passed
Bio given Oct 5

I am traveling to India on Jan 10.
If I am in India and get the copr. Is there a way I can come back to Canada?
Or can I apply for the PR card, get it mailed at the Canadian address. Then ask a friend to bring it with him to India and then land in Canada?

I am so sorry for the long post. Just worried i wont be allowed to land in Canada.
Thank you.

If you are in India and you receive a PPR, you will gave to request IRCC to allow you to submit your passport at a VFS in India, where you will be issued a PR visa and COPR.

With a PRv and COPR you can travel to Canada.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you sir @legalfalcon

I have answered Yes to both the questions and mentioned the same reason for both of us under statutory questions, as he was included in the previous application as dependant.

Writing the same reason for refusal for both of us is fine right? Please confirm one last time for my peace of mind.
Yes, that is fine and no need to be worried!

Mta0014

Oct 2, 2020
If you are in India and you receive a PPR, you will gave to request IRCC to allow you to submit your passport at a VFS in India, where you will be issued a PR visa and COPR.

With a PRv and COPR you can travel to Canada.
Thank you for the reply.
This might be a stupid question but Can I get the pr card mailed to my Canadian address while in India? And then if a friend brings it to me to India, Can I land on that pr card?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for the reply.
This might be a stupid question but Can I get the pr card mailed to my Canadian address while in India? And then if a friend brings it to me to India, Can I land on that pr card?
You only become a PR, when you get a COPR, and you land with a COPR. PR card cannot be issued without you landing and beaching a PR.

If you are in Canada, IRCC will send you an email and create your account on the landing portal.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

Only after your have completed the formalities either on the portal (for inland applicants), or after physically landing in Canada with a COPR, your RP card will be issued, which takes 3-7 weeks.

Mta0014

Oct 2, 2020
You only become a PR, when you get a COPR, and you land with a COPR. PR card cannot be issued without you landing and beaching a PR.

If you are in Canada, IRCC will send you an email and create your account on the landing portal.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

Only after your have completed the formalities either on the portal (for inland applicants), or after physically landing in Canada with a COPR, your RP card will be issued, which takes 3-7 weeks.
Thank you so much.

Jul 31, 2019
As soon as you Land in Canada and are admitted, you become a PR. However, currently IRCC is discouraging applicants from coming to Canada just to validate their PR status.
Thank you for the reply. Can you suggest for second part of the question ? How can I travel back to Canada if they don't file my PR card at border ? I am still only allowed to travel to Canada till expiry date of PRV ?

Anj84

May 21, 2020
For inland applicants IRCC is send will send an email and will ask yo to provide an email address so that your account can be created on the new IRCC portal:

After your account is created, you can verify your presence in Canada, and upload a photo for your PR card, and you will receive the COPR.

Some inland applicants have stared receiving emails in the last week.
@legalfalcon

Hi Sir- I called up again today and this time i asked specific question than overall status as the client support team are not allowed to confirm overall decision. I was being told that they have good news that eligibility, security, criminality and background checks are all passed and final landing notification instructions will be mailed out soon to me.

No rush for now since i have approved work permit for 2 years from now. So I hope before holidays this may be concluded.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hi Sir- I called up again today and this time i asked specific question than overall status as the client support team are not allowed to confirm overall decision. I was being told that they have good news that eligibility, security, criminality and background checks are all passed and final landing notification instructions will be mailed out soon to me.

No rush for now since i have approved work permit for 2 years from now. So I hope before holidays this may be concluded.

A lot of inland applicants have started receiving the landing emails. So just hand in there and you will have one soon!!

All the best!

Reactions: Anj84

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for the reply. Can you suggest for second part of the question ? How can I travel back to Canada if they don't file my PR card at border ? I am still only allowed to travel to Canada till expiry date of PRV ?

If you do not have a PR card, or if one is not available before you travel back to your home country, to travel back you will have to apply for a Permanent resident travel document (PRTD) from the country you are in to travel back.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html