17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon/ any forum member who can help out,

I was looking for some advice on this forum and was wondering if you can help me out. My husband (principal applicant) and I through Express Entry just received the Passport request email from IRCC as part of our PR application. We are thrilled to say the least!

However we also recently found out that I am pregnant (very early stage), with the due date approximately in July. Our Medicals expire July 2021, and I’m assuming this will also be the deadline for our COPR expiration, once issued after our passport submission.

We are based out of US on an H1B visa which is also due for a stamping if we step out of the country, for which there are currently no dates available, in Canada or elsewhere. Due to the current US visa restrictions as well as my pregnant status, especially during Covid, it makes the most sense for us to have the baby here ,add him/her to the PR application and then leave the country for Canada once new COPR’s are issued.

Is there a way that IRCC will extend our COPR beyond July? At what point do I let them know about my situation?

Your advice will be much appreciated. My apologies if I have posted this in the wrong thread.
Thanks

Answered on another thread.

Raza123445

Dec 11, 2020
If they have been extended, no need to be concerned. It is just a status update.

When you say they were updated, how did you get to know?
Well i got to know because they were due to expire in dec, then back in early nov it went to 'we are reviewing your medical results' and then after couple of weeks i got an email and update where medical showed November 23rd, you passed the medical exam. Now suddenly it says 'you do not need mefical exam' l. Its all confusing @legalfalcon

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020
Extensions are usually granted on a case by case basis, however, due to covid, if you request an extension and cannot travel, your will get one.

If you are in the US, you are exempt fro travel restrictions as long as you have COPR.

As regards H1B, if you cannot travel due to the Executive Order Ban, which is valid until December 2020, then that is another ground on which you can seek extensions.

However, by March, things will be very different. You cannot add your baby until it is born. Based on what stage your pregnancy is at, you can consider landing in Canada in early next year and then go back to the US.
Thank you so much for your response :)

Understood. Hypothetically, let’s say that I put in a request via the web form right after getting the COPR saying that I’m unwilling to travel to Canada due to A) high risk to travel being pregnant due to Covid around and B) H1B situation. If I won’t get a response anytime soon (as I’ve seen so many of us on the forum who are waiting for extension requests being granted). My question is - can I go past the COPR deadline (without abandoning my PR application) just based on proof that I sent in this extension request despite it not getting granted yet ? Is that what is happening to most people here who are waiting?

baluchidu

Dec 13, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon
I ordered my GCMS notes back on Oct 20 & found that my case was approved no Sep 14th & still no email confirming my COPR. Notes says that COPR print queue, not sure what i should do? It has been 3 months now, kindly shed some light what i can do ??? I am in inland applicant .

Visa Aspirant

Oct 19, 2020
"However, by March, things will be very different. You cannot add your baby until it is born. Based on what stage your pregnancy is at, you can consider landing in Canada in early next year and then go back to the US."

@legalfalcon this what you said in one of the post, but as per my understanding soft landing is not permitted or this changed recently ?

Lizmisra

Oct 26, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

My spouse's sister is an Indian, however currently she lives in US with her family. Therefore, in Personal details under Family while mentioning her Name and DOB details, there is a question about "Country of Residence". Will that be US or India? Will that create any placeholder for providing any documents for her? Please advise.

akilot

Aug 20, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon,

Can you assist in identifying or is there any way to find the exact NOC code for the following Job Description -
Designation: Vendor Manager
Division: Vendor Management

Job Profile:

1. Ensure information related to restaurants is accurate and updated on the system.
  2. Timely escalation of issues that could impact partner experience.
  3. On-boarding of newly launched restaurants - specifically ensuring completion of needed OB details, menu collection, ensuring sanity checks, mystery shopping to ensure no hiked prices, etc.
  4. Adherence to launch milestones, constant communication in case of any issues being faced.
  5. Work with restaurant partners in solving operational problems and ensuring retention.
  6. Support Vendor Projects - (Average Order Value, Image Quality, Assured for other cities, national accounts, Just in Time, Geo-fencing, etc.)
Designation: Customer Relationship Executive
Division: Foreign Exchange

Job Profile:

1. Issuance of foreign exchange to the clients.
  2. Maintenance of proper documentation as per FEMA guidelines.
  3. Dealing with Corporate Clientele.
  4. Issuance of forex requirements to the TCS employees through the Implant office.
  5. Encashment of traveler’s cheques, forex cards and exchanging of foreign currency.
  6. Encashment of MoneyGram.
  7. Maintenance of proper documents for Audit purposes.
  8. Assisting the manager in maintenance of KYC documents of the corporates.
  9. Follow up with the corporates for the payment.
  10. Stock maintenance of forex cards, currency notes and traveler’s cheques.
  11. Remittance of the fees of students studying abroad.
  12. Carrying out the day end procedure with proper report taking and tallying of the accounts.
  13. Complaint handling of the customers with proper solutions.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

My spouse's sister is an Indian, however currently she lives in US with her family. Therefore, in Personal details under Family while mentioning her Name and DOB details, there is a question about "Country of Residence". Will that be US or India? Will that create any placeholder for providing any documents for her? Please advise.
Country of residence is exactly what it means, where a person resides. So enter US.

There will be no information asked, unless a sibling is a Canadian PR or citizen and you are claiming points for it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
"However, by March, things will be very different. You cannot add your baby until it is born. Based on what stage your pregnancy is at, you can consider landing in Canada in early next year and then go back to the US."

@legalfalcon this what you said in one of the post, but as per my understanding soft landing is not permitted or this changed recently ?
This is why I mentioned March. The Pfizer vaccine has already arrived in Canada and by March things will be different. Also, for US residents, they are exempt from travel restrictions. Currently IRCC is encouraging applicants to land only if they intend to stay permanently in Canada.

This will change once more individuals are vaccinated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I ordered my GCMS notes back on Oct 20 & found that my case was approved no Sep 14th & still no email confirming my COPR. Notes says that COPR print queue, not sure what i should do? It has been 3 months now, kindly shed some light what i can do ??? I am in inland applicant .
There are many applicants in the same situation a you are where the application has been approved, yet the COPR has not been released. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. You will gave to wait.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much for your response :)

Understood. Hypothetically, let’s say that I put in a request via the web form right after getting the COPR saying that I’m unwilling to travel to Canada due to A) high risk to travel being pregnant due to Covid around and B) H1B situation. If I won’t get a response anytime soon (as I’ve seen so many of us on the forum who are waiting for extension requests being granted). My question is - can I go past the COPR deadline (without abandoning my PR application) just based on proof that I sent in this extension request despite it not getting granted yet ? Is that what is happening to most people here who are waiting?

The law is that when you file an application for permanent residency you have to have an intent to stay in Canada. Pre-COVID if you received a cOPR, and you were unable to travel you could request for an extensions, but they were on a case by case basis. However now due to cOVID, IRCC cannot complete people to travel, so everyone is getting extensions if they ask for one.

If you have requested an extensions, and you haven't received a response, no need to worry, Just wait. Currently there are delays in all IRCC responses. And if your COPR deadline expired, you won't be abandoning your application as it has already been approved.

Reactions: hummingbird98

pbayagbon

Nov 10, 2020
Hello Manmeet
I hope this is the same as legalfalcon

Please attend to my questions

My sister did not include me in her PR application, can I claim 15 points for sibling in canada

1. Hope it won’t be termed as MISREPRESENTATION and now affect her in Canada?

2. Can I still claim the 15 points?

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020
Thank you, appreciate it.
The law is that when you file an application for permanent residency you have to have an intent to stay in Canada. Pre-COVID if you received a cOPR, and you were unable to travel you could request for an extensions, but they were on a case by case basis. However now due to cOVID, IRCC cannot complete people to travel, so everyone is getting extensions if they ask for one.

If you have requested an extensions, and you haven't received a response, no need to worry, Just wait. Currently there are delays in all IRCC responses. And if your COPR deadline expired, you won't be abandoning your application as it has already been approved.

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Manmeet
I hope this is the same as legalfalcon

Please attend to my questions

My sister did not include me in her PR application, can I claim 15 points for sibling in canada

1. Hope it won’t be termed as MISREPRESENTATION and now affect her in Canada?

2. Can I still claim the 15 points?
Before I can answer, any reason why she did not?

Ideally she should have and when you claim 15 points for the sibling, your sister's application may be looked into.

It is not material to her application, but is to your.