Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
First of all thank you @legalfalcon for your guidance on the forum. I have benefited a lot from your responses. Big THANK YOU!

I have a small query where I need your opinion, as I am not able to predict it myself -

AOR 29 May 2020 | CEC INLAND | RCMP was requested -> Uploaded -> Reviewed and current status is N/A on MyCIC | Biometrics completed Oct 14th

I have not yet requested GCMS and will be doing that based on your responses. I know CEC is taking 7 months (I am touching 6 months on Nov 29th) on an average recently based on your posts and I am patiently waiting for the final result :) . I have raised two webforms - first response Oct 7 and second Nov 18th . I have the following responses from both webforms. I am slightly confused with "Criminality In Progress" from older webform to "Criminality not started" in today's response. Just FYI - I have no criminal background. Would you please be able to provide your insights where my application is at if possible ?? -

Webform response Oct 7th -

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The eligibility verification is currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
Webform response Nov 18th -

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that your application is currently at the
Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, for processing.

Thank you in advance!

The webform responses doe not show that your eligibility is passed yet and that is why the security has not been initiated.

To read on how to understand webform responses, see https://bit.ly/38UUdH7

If the webform response states that the verifications are currently valid, “valid” here indicates, that the documents required for the specific stage are “legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC,” and no further input is required by the applicant.

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
My AOR is 12 Aug 2020
No. As per IRCC:

Expiring passports
You must have a valid passport to come to Canada.

If your passport expires within 6 months from the day you apply, you should renew it. Then, when you get your new passport, update your passport information in your application. This will ensure it’s valid when we process your application and avoid additional delays.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/scan-upload-documents.html
Thanks !!

Actually.....A friend of mine got PPR in Nov 2018 / PassPort was due to expire in June 2019 and Meds were valid till September 2019.So,he got COPR valid untill PassPort expiry date and he didn't renew PassPort while in home country and easily travelled to Canada in Feb 2019 ( 4 months before PP Expiry).

Is that possible Sir?

---
Thanks & Regards

Last edited:

Tolaaaa

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
Thank you for the good work @legalfalcon.
Please I have a question to ask about my application. I think I am in IP2 stage now. I got a 2nd ghost update which moved me to IP2 on Nov 4th and got a message for an ADR on Nov 6th for a rescan of my hubby and I PCC and I uploaded it on the same day. I got another message on Nov 9th that it was successful uploaded and it has started review. I got a third ghost update on 11th November and I havent heard anything since then. Pls do you have any idea of what is going on? My AOR is 8th September. Thank you

Chintan31

Sep 16, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10/09/20
Med's Done....
12/10/20
Passport Req..
18/12/20
Thank you @legalfalcon for providing us with the valuable information.
My AOR was on 10th of September and MEP was on 7th October. Biometrics done on 12th.
My background check has not started yet, but I want to check my processing centre. Is there anyway I can do it?
Anymore information I can access at this stage?
Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon for providing us with the valuable information.
My AOR was on 10th of September and MEP was on 7th October. Biometrics done on 12th.
My background check has not started yet, but I want to check my processing centre. Is there anyway I can do it?
Anymore information I can access at this stage?
Thanks.

You can send a webform and ask. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

The VO where your application is being processed is not relevant and does not matter. What matters is that your application is progressing well.

To read on the stages of an application, see https://bit.ly/3fhoYqI

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Please I have a question to ask about my application. I think I am in IP2 stage now. I got a 2nd ghost update which moved me to IP2 on Nov 4th and got a message for an ADR on Nov 6th for a rescan of my hubby and I PCC and I uploaded it on the same day. I got another message on Nov 9th that it was successful uploaded and it has started review. I got a third ghost update on 11th November and I havent heard anything since then. Pls do you have any idea of what is going on? My AOR is 8th September. Thank you

There is no such stage as IP or IP1. These are speculative assumptions based on the MyCIC status. Instead rely on the following:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

see https://bit.ly/3fhoYqI

You can send a webform and ask about the status of your application. To decipher webforms, see https://bit.ly/35MTvtm

As regards ghost updates, they signify a movement in the application, can be a major one or a insignificant one such as transfer to another VO.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks !!

Actually.....A friend of mine got PPR in Nov 2018 / PassPort was due to expire in June 2019 and Meds were valid till September 2019.So,he got COPR valid untill PassPort expiry date and he didn't renew PassPort while in home country and easily travelled to Canada in Feb 2019 ( 4 months before PP Expiry).

Is that possible Sir?

---
Thanks & Regards
It is the date when the PP I sent to IRCC, it should be valid for more than 6 months. If it is valid for less, that will not be an issue, but you will not get a PR visa beyond the expiry of the PP. Also it depends on the discretion of the officer.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for replying.
Mine looks in belows.
Eligibility passed on October 6.
Called IRCC on November 13, told me security not started yet.
Is it normal?
It's normal to the extent that there could be administrative delays that are holding up progress to the next stage. If your Eligibility has been passed by an officer then that matters the most as it's the single most important stage in the entire process; the rest will fall in place in due course.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
First of all thank you @legalfalcon for your guidance on the forum. I have benefited a lot from your responses. Big THANK YOU!

I have a small query where I need your opinion, as I am not able to predict it myself -

AOR 29 May 2020 | CEC INLAND | RCMP was requested -> Uploaded -> Reviewed and current status is N/A on MyCIC | Biometrics completed Oct 14th

I have not yet requested GCMS and will be doing that based on your responses. I know CEC is taking 7 months (I am touching 6 months on Nov 29th) on an average recently based on your posts and I am patiently waiting for the final result :) . I have raised two webforms - first response Oct 7 and second Nov 18th . I have the following responses from both webforms. I am slightly confused with "Criminality In Progress" from older webform to "Criminality not started" in today's response. Just FYI - I have no criminal background. Would you please be able to provide your insights where my application is at if possible ?? -

Webform response Oct 7th -

• The eligibility verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
Webform response Nov 18th -

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that your application is currently at the
Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, for processing.

Thank you in advance!
Hi, thanks for reaching out. Your security has not been initiated which would imply that Eligibility has either not been passed by an officer or in fact it has (likely) and administrative delays are holding up progress to the next stage. Since you are inland you can request your Gcms Notes for free; suggest you request the file from CBSA instead of IRCC (you could do both as well if you like)

Couple of comments about criminality; Criminality checks consist mainly of examining the information that accompanies an application, which includes a police certificate (PCC) from all countries where the applicant has lived for more than six months. Do I need to get a police certificate for my time in Canada? IRCC does background check for all inland applicants and they will ask explicitly for Canadian PCC if needed. Usually this is reviewed at the R10 Completeness Check stage or before Review of eligibility starts. (CEC and inland applicants require a RCMP PCC and as a result the criminality stage will not be marked passed until the RCMP report is filed with IRCC). To save some processing time the RCMP PCC can be submitted along with the initial application and it can reduce processing time by a few weeks. Also see Assessing inadmissibility due to serious criminality

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
One can not rely on IP stages and ghost updates to infer what's happening with your file. They are all speculative and mostly misleading. Instead consider reaching out to IRCC using the web form or call centre if you have questions.

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
Hi, thanks for reaching out. Your security has not been initiated which would imply that Eligibility has either not been passed by an officer or in fact it has (likely) and administrative delays are holding up progress to the next stage. Since you are inland you can request your Gcms Notes for free; suggest you request the file from CBSA instead of IRCC (you could do both as well if you like)

Couple of comments about criminality; Criminality checks consist mainly of examining the information that accompanies an application, which includes a police certificate (PCC) from all countries where the applicant has lived for more than six months. Do I need to get a police certificate for my time in Canada? IRCC does background check for all inland applicants and they will ask explicitly for Canadian PCC if needed. Usually this is reviewed at the R10 Completeness Check stage or before Review of eligibility starts. (CEC and inland applicants require a RCMP PCC and as a result the criminality stage will not be marked passed until the RCMP report is filed with IRCC). To save some processing time the RCMP PCC can be submitted along with the initial application and it can reduce processing time by a few weeks. Also see Assessing inadmissibility due to serious criminality
Thank you so much @caipsnotes. Always appreciate your detailed response. :)

Reactions: caipsnotes

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
It is the date when the PP I sent to IRCC, it should be valid for more than 6 months. If it is valid for less, that will not be an issue, but you will not get a PR visa beyond the expiry of the PP. Also it depends on the discretion of the officer.
Ok Thanks :)

So,once stamping is done on old PP,Do we need to inform CIC about PP renewal OR can simply travel to Canada with valid Canadian visa on old passport along with a valid new passport?
--
Thanks & Regards

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ok Thanks :)

So,once stamping is done on old PP,Do we need to inform CIC about PP renewal OR can simply travel to Canada with valid Canadian visa on old passport along with a valid new passport?
--
Thanks & Regards

You can travel with your old PP that has the visa and the new PP, as the old passport will be cancelled. You do not have to inform IRCC.

Reactions: IndiaDgreat

specs

Mar 25, 2016
cec inland applicant
.Aor may 26
mep july 14
bil july 14
bio completed oct 21( bio exempt)
eligibility passed ( ircc call center)
criminality started
security not started

I received visitors visa march 2020, I received a work permit october 2020 (also had trv,study permits, and pgwp previously). how long would a new back ground check take since I already passed at least 2 in 2020 the most recent being october ( just before bio was accepted).