+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Review required is fairly common and the process regardless is taking longer, see the latest stats from IRCC

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.
Thank you @caipsnotes

Reactions: caipsnotes

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hello everyone, I am applying for FSW EE PR with 2173 - Software engineer and designers.
These are the job duties listed on one of my letters whose NOC I had entered as 2173. Does this look good? Or should it be 2174 or 2175? All my other jobs are under 2173. Please guide.
I am really worried about this. @legalfalcon what do you think? @daveishan any views on this?

Web UI Development (HTML, CSS, JS)
Larta Portal / Backend development (C#, SQL)
• Bug fixes and website maintenance
• Researching and prototyping new initiatives for application of NoSQL database and
data processing techniques.
• Work on coding and testing for the company website, developed in C#, with
microservices, on .NET core platform.
• Integrate MongoDB (NoSQL) with the website code to manage operations for company
related data.
• The databases being utilized are SQL Server and MongoDB (NoSQL).
• Manage and report completion of given tasks to the supervisor using JIRA.
• Regulate version control using Bitbucket.
• Write test cases, and test scripts using NUnit in C#.
• Processed data using Apache Spark and Hadoop, on Azure HDInsight, using Jupyter
notebook and Python.

Last edited:

Springg

Star Member
Oct 5, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon, I have a question, I got DM on 30september, but no ppr yet, mpnp paperbase applicant from Outland, do you have any idea when I can receive ppr, my AOR was 9th July 2019, mp was august 28th 2020.thanks.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Read it carefully, it says "the following documents are examples of what can be," so you can use any one of them.

However, if you do not meet the PoF requirement, you can then apply for a visitor's visa.
Hi @legalfalcon

hope you are fine. For Supervisa, I have three questions as:-

1.) If i apply for my parents super visa just after getting a job, lets say maybe that is 2-3 months after landing, can it raise a red flag in front of the visa officer or create any doubt for their application approval?

2.) I got to know that after remaining inside Canada for 2 years with a Supervisa my parents have to remain outside of Canada for around a year before attempting to return for another 2 year visit. Is it right ? or If they return back to Canada after staying in their home country for 2-3 months will it be okay?

3.) Is it depended on the border officer to shorten the duration in the near future for my parents super visa stay in Canada? or they can stay for 2 years at a stretch each time they enter Canada without any problem?

Will be glad to have your detailed insight on the above Sir. thank you so much

KB1991

Nov 11, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
A little background, My parents filed an assylum case back in 2000 while I was with them and I was a minor at that time.

My AOR is January and my case is in LVO. So my security, criminality and background check is done as per the email by IRCC on webform inquiry around 1.5 month ago. After that I was asked to pay the removal fees (on 24th Sept) and submit a slip, which I did (on 28th Sept). I want to know if I'll be asked to submit an ARC as well or will they do that automatically? And how much more time will it take?(approximately)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone, I am applying for FSW EE PR with 2173 - Software engineer and designers.
These are the job duties listed on one of my letters whose NOC I had entered as 2173. Does this look good? Or should it be 2174 or 2175? All my other jobs are under 2173. Please guide.
I am really worried about this. @legalfalcon what do you think?

Web UI Development (HTML, CSS, JS)
Larta Portal / Backend development (C#, SQL)
• Bug fixes and website maintenance
• Researching and prototyping new initiatives for application of NoSQL database and
data processing techniques.
• Work on coding and testing for the company website, developed in C#, with
microservices, on .NET core platform.
• Integrate MongoDB (NoSQL) with the website code to manage operations for company
related data.
• The databases being utilized are SQL Server and MongoDB (NoSQL).
• Manage and report completion of given tasks to the supervisor using JIRA.
• Regulate version control using Bitbucket.
• Write test cases, and test scripts using NUnit in C#.
• Processed data using Apache Spark and Hadoop, on Azure HDInsight, using Jupyter
notebook and Python.
As per IRCC your job duties listed in your work reference letter should substantially meet the job duties listed in the NOC selected. There is no one size fits all, you will have to compare your JDs.

Based on what you have, you should expand them more.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I have a question, I got DM on 30september, but no ppr yet, mpnp paperbase applicant from Outland, do you have any idea when I can receive ppr, my AOR was 9th July 2019, mp was august 28th 2020.thanks.

You do not have a DM, only your GCMS notes or the webform shows that your application is approved. Your MyCIC account will should in progress until your COPR is generated. As regards PPR, there is no timeline. It all depends on the country you are in, the VO where your application is and whether it is open and the PPR is beings ent.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

hope you are fine. For Supervisa, I have three questions as:-

1.) If i apply for my parents super visa just after getting a job, lets say maybe that is 2-3 months after landing, can it raise a red flag in front of the visa officer or create any doubt for their application approval?

2.) I got to know that after remaining inside Canada for 2 years with a Supervisa my parents have to remain outside of Canada for around a year before attempting to return for another 2 year visit. Is it right ? or If they return back to Canada after staying in their home country for 2-3 months will it be okay?

3.) Is it depended on the border officer to shorten the duration in the near future for my parents super visa stay in Canada? or they can stay for 2 years at a stretch each time they enter Canada without any problem?

Will be glad to have your detailed insight on the above Sir. thank you so much

1. No. The only requirement for a SV is that you meet the threshold. Not how long you have been working. As long as you meet the PoF, you are good.

2. There is no such requirement that you parents have o say outside Canada for 1 year. Not sure where you read it. When you enter with a SV, the CBSA officer grants you the stay based on how long you want to stay, up to a maximum of 2 years. Your parents have to leave Canada on of before the date entered in the passport when they enter, unless they extend their stay by getting visitors record. You can exit Canada and re-enter, and be re-admitted and a new date will be issued. There is no duration for which they have to remain outside Canada.

3. See 2.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
A little background, My parents filed an assylum case back in 2000 while I was with them and I was a minor at that time.

My AOR is January and my case is in LVO. So my security, criminality and background check is done as per the email by IRCC on webform inquiry around 1.5 month ago. After that I was asked to pay the removal fees (on 24th Sept) and submit a slip, which I did (on 28th Sept). I want to know if I'll be asked to submit an ARC as well or will they do that automatically? And how much more time will it take?(approximately)

I am not privy to your case. An authorisation to return is is only required if you have been subject to a removal order. Whether you need a ARC will also depend on the type of removal order you had, if ever.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
1. No. The only requirement for a SV is that you meet the threshold. Not how long you have been working. As long as you meet the PoF, you are good.

2. There is no such requirement that you parents have o say outside Canada for 1 year. Not sure where you read it. When you enter with a SV, the CBSA officer grants you the stay based on how long you want to stay, up to a maximum of 2 years. Your parents have to leave Canada on of before the date entered in the passport when they enter, unless they extend their stay by getting visitors record. You can exit Canada and re-enter, and be re-admitted and a new date will be issued. There is no duration for which they have to remain outside Canada.

3. See 2.

@legalfalcon Thank you so much for your reply. Last two confusions which I think will clear all doubts.

1.) Is a letter stating my salary is sufficient to apply for my parents Supervisa? or I should show them my income of several months too before applying in order to get SV application approval? Do you think just showing them 1-2 months salary along with letter stating my annual salary from employer is adequate to get the visa?

2.) Is it required for me to show my parents home ties in my SV application to convince the government that they will come back?

Springg

Star Member
Oct 5, 2019
You do not have a DM, only your GCMS notes or the webform shows that your application is approved. Your MyCIC account will should in progress until your COPR is generated. As regards PPR, there is no timeline. It all depends on the country you are in, the VO where your application is and whether it is open and the PPR is beings ent.
I have no option for GCMS notes as a Outland applicant,I got only change in my cic account, it was changed in process to Decision Made status. I have agent so I can’t access webform.my VO is Singapore.

Teal

Jul 24, 2020
See page 2 of your GCMS notes. If your security is blank, then it is in progress. If it still shows as not started, then it is yet to start.

The due date in your GCMS notes refers to a system generated date that informs the officer of the pending application. Most application as are processed way before the day date and some keep opening way past that.
Dear @legalfalcon ,
I think you are right about the security under process and it is still going on . I have mailed CPC regarding the application status few days ago and I have got this reply,"Your file is under review and needs additional verification". Guess I have to wait for few more months , is it advisable to order CSBA notes ,will it further delay my application process . My eligibility and criminality passed on 30th Jan 2020 .My AOR is August 13 2019 ,and my file is stuck under review from 29th June , what does SS really mean , I have visited only two countries so far Bhutan and I'm on WP in Canada and no visa rejection .I think I have to mentally prepare myself for further delay.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon ,
I think you are right about the security under process and it is still going on . I have mailed CPC regarding the application status few days ago and I have got this reply,"Your file is under review and needs additional verification". Guess I have to wait for few more months , is it advisable to order CSBA notes ,will it further delay my application process . My eligibility and criminality passed on 30th Jan 2020 .My AOR is August 13 2019 ,and my file is stuck under review from 29th June , what does SS really mean , I have visited only two countries so far Bhutan and I'm on WP in Canada and no visa rejection .I think I have to mentally prepare myself for further delay.

Requesting CBSA / GCMS notes has no impact on the processing of your application. IRCC has clarified this in one of its twitter responses:

To read on security screening and the security screening manual see https://bit.ly/2UwWBeZ

You do not need to request CBSA notes. CBSA notes only help if there has been an inordinate delay. Also, a security status blank could also indicate that your security screening has passed and the application is awaiting final approval.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thank you so much for your reply. Last two confusions which I think will clear all doubts.

1.) Is a letter stating my salary is sufficient to apply for my parents Supervisa? or I should show them my income of several months too before applying in order to get SV application approval? Do you think just showing them 1-2 months salary along with letter stating my annual salary from employer is adequate to get the visa?

2.) Is it required for me to show my parents home ties in my SV application to convince the government that they will come back?
1. Only a letter of employment with your salary will suffice.

2. Yes. The SV is a visitor's visa that allows parents and grand parents to live in Canada for 2 years in a row. You will have to meet all the prerequisites of a visitor's visa. However, they are relaxed as compared to a visitor's visa.

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hello Legalfalcon, Thanks for helping the members on this forum, You have been Awesome, I have a query can you please help out.

My query is related to express entry profile. What happens to express entry profile after we receive the ITA. Does it gets locked ?

Let me explain. My express entry profile is due to expire in last week of Dec 2020, and I am expecting PNP nomination from SINP by first week of Dec (Not Sure but i am at ADR stage). Say I get ITA in the last draw of the year. Do I need to create a new express entry profile (Profile need to be active if we want to submit the application) or it gets locked.

Secondly, My IELTS is expiring in Jan 2021, will that be valid if I receive ITA in Dec, or I need to take IELST again.

I know this looks too tight but just to be sure. What do you suggest, should I create a new express entry profile now and send new details to SINP. Secondly, shall I retake the IELTS and book appointment for that.

Thanks. Cheers !!!